Thanks Thanks:  213
Likes Likes:  888
Page 66 of 122 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576116 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management for 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Realistically, who do we pitch for, as there are alot of rucks on that list I wouldn't touch.
    Rucks are inherently unimpressive unless they are really good.

Like Happy Days if we aren't pushing for Goldstein (or Ladhams) I'm gonna be furious.

Failing that I think Nankervis is my preference and does seem gettable.

Failing that I would be content but not inspired by McEvoy, Ceglar, Casboult, Sinclair and Martin. None of them are amazing but they at least can hold their own in the ruck when English cannot, are able to help out elsewhere and most importantly of all show the club is serious about fixing the ruck situation instead of our current approach where we just shrug our shoulders and say "well what can we do, if we bring anybody in to help English he will crack the shits because he is a child apparently" (I know we are probably doing more than that but you wouldn't know it looking in from the outside for the last few years).

Of the young guys I have no idea if any of them are good, with Reilly O'Brien I heard really positive stuff from Adelaide since 2016 with him so kind of saw him coming but these guys haven't had the same buzz about them, but for the reasons i have outlined in my post I do think there is merit in looking at them and grabbing one.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

2. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Goldstein, ladhams and nankervis are the only players I’d look at. However, I think Bevo would only want Ladhams out of those 3 as he adds flexibility to the team.
    I doubt those three are gettable. Ladhams wouldn't want to leave a Port side and he forms a solid ruck partnership with Lycett.
    Nank would have been gettable had Soldo not gone down with an ACL
    North seem set to hold Goldy.

I like the Ballenden suggestion - did we bid on him in his draft year? NGA if I'm thinking of the same player.
    Sam Skinner we can sign as a DFA, I like him as a KPD option if he passes a medical but he has played a little ruck/forward before too.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Sam Skinner we can sign as a DFA, I like him as a KPD option if he passes a medical but he has played a little ruck/forward before too.
    I considered putting his name down but didn't because he was woeful in the games he played this year and has already had two knee reconstructions I believe. If we do lose Trengove, Schache and Young x2 though it might be worth grabbing a previously promising tall who can play either end and maybe pinch hit in the ruck.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Possible rucks include:

-Callum Coleman-Jones. Huge ruck who has only managed 1 game thus far. Was a relatively high draft pick but is stuck behind a couple of rucks at Richmond.
    Could we get Coleman-Jones and Sydney Stack with a new kebab stand inside Barkers Cafe? Ironically they are two types of players that would be of value to us!
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Sydney are also chasing a ruck and asked Port about Ladhams - they were told to get lost.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Sydney are also chasing a ruck and asked Port about Ladhams - they were told to get lost.
    I thought they were a fair way down the road of signing Hickey.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I thought they were a fair way down the road of signing Hickey.
    I think when Port asked about Aliir the Swans said maybe as a swap for Ladhams and Port rejected it. So they will likely go down the Hickey road.

Post Thanks / Like

We have 3 or 4 Father Sons next draft don't we? Can someone name them for me, can't seem to find them anywhere.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    We have 3 or 4 Father Sons next draft don't we? Can someone name them for me, can't seem to find them anywhere.
    From a thread here but could be more around.

2021 Draft Period

Sam Darcy - Already nearly as tall as his father in the ruck/forward mould. Needs to add a to his frame. Likely playing with JUH at Oakleigh. Made the U/16 Vic Metro trials this year.

Cooper West & Kobi West - a.k.a. 'The Twins'. Spoke to an opposition player and coach late last year. Both said The Twins play a lot more outside than Rhylee. They thought Rhylee was a superior player at that age. Just their thoughts for what it's worth. Kobi looks to have had a quiet year stat wise, Cooper a little bitter though. I assume they'll be linked with Calder too.

Kai Dimattina - Mid sized player whose played his juniors at St Kilda. Stats not strong. Not sure which U/18 team he might be fixed to.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Thanks Mofra, Templeton31 thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Only Ewan Macpherson (son of Steve) this upcoming draft.

I believe there are a pair of Wests and a Darcy potentially coming up in the next couple of years.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok stupid question. Why is Trengrove not being used in the ruck to chop out English? Is he terrible at it?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/10/...-says-barrett/

We should be at least asking the question

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Ok stupid question. Why is Trengrove not being used in the ruck to chop out English? Is he terrible at it?
    I think the MC, particularly Bevo, have put a line through his name due to a perceived lack of mobility. Not without some basis in fact, though the major point of contention is are you better off having someone with some mobility issues chopping out in the ruck and standing gorillas defencively or are you better off having more mobility but less ruck and defencive cover and ruck the likes of Dunkley.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

16. Thanks Ghost Dog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A future centre line that reads: WEST - WEST - WEST?

You know you want it.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    A future centre line that reads: WEST - WEST - WEST?

You know you want it.
    You're right
    "It's over. It's all over."