Thanks Thanks:  213
Likes Likes:  888
Page 75 of 122 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1817
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management for 2020/21

Thinking laterally.

Twomey thinks JUH gets nominated at Pick 4.

We demand Pick 6 & 42 and a player (AMT etc) from Essendon.

We offer Sydney 6 & 14 for their Pick 3 & 58.

According to ESPN, Pick 3, that’s Elijah Hollands, gun mid.

JUH gets nominated at 4. We match it for 1,600 draft points.

We are around 500 points in deficit say Raak & MacPherson take us to 1,000-1,300 points in deficit. If we trade out any other players that gets lower. This will wipe out our 2021 1st rounder. Say that’s pick 15 or so. But we pick up Pick 3 this year.

In: JUH, Hollands, MacPherson, Raak, (Hannan, Martin, AMT etc)
    Out: Young, Dunkley, 2021 First Rounder

If Sydney are into it of course.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Thanks Yankee Hotel Foxtrot thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Thinking laterally.

Twomey thinks JUH gets nominated at Pick 4.

We demand Pick 6 & 42 and a player (AMT etc) from Essendon.

We offer Sydney 6 & 14 for their Pick 3 & 58.

According to ESPN, Pick 3, that’s Elijah Hollands, gun mid.

JUH gets nominated at 4. We match it for 1,600 draft points.

We are around 500 points in deficit say Raak & MacPherson take us to 1,000-1,300 points in deficit. If we trade out any other players that gets lower. This will wipe out our 2021 1st rounder. Say that’s pick 15 or so. But we pick up Pick 3 this year.

In: JUH, Hollands, MacPherson, Raak, (Hannan, Martin, AMT etc)
    Out: Young, Dunkley, 2021 First Rounder

If Sydney are into it of course.
    The only problem is I think the Crows, in particular, are vindictive enough to jump at JUH with pick 1 if it would mean we had a pick 3 or whatever chewed up.

To be fair it means that it leaves an extra gun on the table when it reaches their pick 8.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Apparently we've signed Stef Martin according to The Age.

Not my idea of support for Tim, but it's better than nothing I suppose?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Is Sweet still a longer term option, or does this push him out?
    A proper ruckman working all year with our two emerging rucks. Perhaps not 100% ideal but I see it as a positive
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    The only problem is I think the Crows, in particular, are vindictive enough to jump at JUH with pick 1 if it would mean we had a pick 3 or whatever chewed up.

To be fair it means that it leaves an extra gun on the table when it reaches their pick 8.
    Doesn't look good on the Crows if they select a player as number 1 they are not going to get. Not a good sell to their supporters to say we had the 1st pick and got the 2nd best player.

6. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Out: Dunkley
    In: BT
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

8. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes josie, chef, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If they hand us pick one and the marketing opportunities for the club that come with that then great.
    I understand the points impact but it would give us a lot opportunities to say we got the player the rest of the competition wanted

There is a at least one player that should be rated ahead of Ugle-Hagan and possibly another one as well but if he slides down the order just a bit then that's great for us as well

It's a win win scenario to me
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

We could do the Sydney deal on draft night, after 1st two picks have gone down?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    We could do the Sydney deal on draft night, after 1st two picks have gone down?
    Yes. But we’d need a contingency to live trade out 6 (& 14 possibly). This thought bubble is basically what GWS did pre-draft 2016 with grabbing Taranto before matching Setterfield at Pick 5 to get ahead of the nomination. As well as getting Ash in the top 4 picks before matching a bid on Tom Green in the top 10 last year. I don’t see Crows or North bidding with 1 & 2.

I guess it shows we could trade down to make up points, or trade up and plunder the top 4 draft picks (while losing some players and 2021 first). Interesting to see how Power sees our hand.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 06-11-2020 at 10:06 AM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

12. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, it's too high risk for mine. North at pick 2 would bid too in that scenario
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Yep, it's too high risk for mine. North at pick 2 would bid too in that scenario
    I just don't see Adelaide or North bidding. They desperately need good news stories. But if that was to happen, we'd have preliminary discussions and have 5 minutes to live trade Pick 3 to the highest bidder. That could be huge (would/could Brisbane part with their two late 1st rounders this year and a future late First, for Pick 3. That covers all our kids and gives us then two first rounders next year. Similarly, GWS if they have Picks 10 & 15 (Cameron trade?) and a Future First for Picks 3.) JUH at Pick 2 is 2,000 draft points needed. These trades cover the points most likely for all the Priority Access kids.

a) Two of the best 4 kids.
    b) Pick 3 auctioned off after a bid at Pick 2. Priority Access kids all secured and two first rounders in 2021.

I think it's worth exploring the more I think about it.

Edit: It sounds like Freo are now looking to trade into North's pick 2 to land WA forward Logan McDonald. If Adelaide don't bid on JUH, which is my guess, then Freo won't bid on JUH having traded up to get McDonald. If both those things happen, then a scenario where we trade into Pick 3 could secure us two of the top 4 players this draft. Interesting space to watch.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 06-11-2020 at 01:58 PM.

15. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stupid question but are Raak and MacPherson in this year's draft?

Where is Raak projected to go?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Stupid question but are Raak and MacPherson in this year's draft?

Where is Raak projected to go?
    Yes.

Both aren't rated in the first 40-50 prospects by the wider footy media.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

18. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Yes.

Both aren't rated in the first 40-50 prospects by the wider footy media.
    Pure guesswork from me but Macpherson may attract a bid late in the draft, but I doubt Raak gets bid on at all and hopefully we should just be able to add him as a rookie like Khamis (if we want him).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Pure guesswork from me but Macpherson may attract a bid late in the draft, but I doubt Raak gets bid on at all and hopefully we should just be able to add him as a rookie like Khamis (if we want him).
    Raak will be very low I imagine , as I pointed out before I can’t even find any highlights of him.
    Rookie I think.
    McPherson has more media coverage but do we need him with what we have ?
    A bit like his brother we had too much the same with higher skills to pick him.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Its all quite on the Hamling front, anyone have an inkling as to what is happening there ?
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.