Thanks Thanks:  213
Likes Likes:  888
Page 76 of 122 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1817
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management for 2020/21

Purple suddenly doesn't think Brisbane should be so eager to let Martin leave so now we *definitely* must make this happen.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Imagine a forward line of Naughty, JUH and Stevo dam it would be exciting to watch.

My big concern about bringing in Treloar and Stevo for example if we loose Dunks is that they are both poor defensively. After watching the finals this year pressure is still the one wood there is no doubt about it, our side was incredibly poor in this area across the year.

How do we get the balance right? Would woofers have the guts to bring in a guy like Stevo?(I dont think it would have to hinge on the dunks trade at all)

Post Thanks / Like

Not a fan of what Treloar offers - dodgy disposal, dodgy hammy & dodgy contract. I think we have enough personnel to make a good fist at covering Dunkley (West, Lippa, Jong for example) that we don't need to sell the farm on someone with huge question marks over him.

Would rather go hard at a key defender, small forward or a truly game changing mid.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

4. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I...do not hate Treloar in. Despite Collingwood's Giuliani-style hatchet job on his reputation he's actually good as hell, and think that he's a much better compliment to our midfield than Dunkley, albeit likely not as good a player (and five years older). I think we could get him independently of the Dunkley deal; if they're actually interested on Dale and we have the cap room then that might be enough.

As always do not check my post history.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

6. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a reminder on Treloar

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Imagine a forward line of Naughty, JUH and Stevo dam it would be exciting to watch.

My big concern about bringing in Treloar and Stevo for example if we loose Dunks is that they are both poor defensively. After watching the finals this year pressure is still the one wood there is no doubt about it, our side was incredibly poor in this area across the year.

How do we get the balance right? Would woofers have the guts to bring in a guy like Stevo?(I dont think it would have to hinge on the dunks trade at all)
    Do you have any evidence to back this up or just a feeling? I don't think our pressure was generally incredibly poor. I think we had lapses in games that were costly but generally we brought the heat and mostly our opponents couldn't just do as they pleased. To say our pressure was incredibly poor is to call into question the effort of the players and I think most of the time the effort was there.

9. Likes bornadog, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I...do not hate Treloar in. Despite Collingwood's Giuliani-style hatchet job on his reputation he's actually good as hell, and think that he's a much better compliment to our midfield than Dunkley, albeit likely not as good a player (and five years older). I think we could get him independently of the Dunkley deal; if they're actually interested on Dale and we have the cap room then that might be enough.

As always do not check my post history.
    I'd be happy to bring in Treloar if it meant using a pick later than 25. If we are flush with assets after trading Dunkley, I want to use them on players who will transform our structure.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Treloar is being underrated CRIMINALLY.

He is a better player than Dunkley. He's what we want Smith to be.

Blistering pace and the will to CARRY the ball through the lines is what we need more of. He's a 'surge' player and the last time I checked, that's how we play footy when we are playing well. Dunkley/Macrae/Libba/Lippa and even Bont don't break lines. We rely so much on Smith and JJ to do this. Daniel does it in a more methodical way, but Treloar cuts through zones and takes space.

I get that his contract is a concern and that would need be a huge consideration. How much can Collingwood cover? Is it even possible to rip up the old contract and re-do it? Would Adam entertain that (rightfully no)?

Either way, I would be astounded if we aren't speaking to him. Our midfield is not as good as we think it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Treloar is being underrated CRIMINALLY.

He is a better player than Dunkley. He's what we want Smith to be.

Blistering pace and the will to CARRY the ball through the lines is what we need more of. He's a 'surge' player and the last time I checked, that's how we play footy when we are playing well. Dunkley/Macrae/Libba/Lippa and even Bont don't break lines. We rely so much on Smith and JJ to do this. Daniel does it in a more methodical way, but Treloar cuts through zones and takes space.

I get that his contract is a concern and that would need be a huge consideration. How much can Collingwood cover? Is it even possible to rip up the old contract and re-do it? Would Adam entertain that (rightfully no)?

Either way, I would be astounded if we aren't speaking to him. Our midfield is not as good as we think it is.
    Completely agree with this. Power hasn't ruled Treloar out

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Power on trade radio:

* "We've met with all the clubs and been open about the fact we're willing to trade pick 14"* "We'll definitely monitor the Adam Treloar situation"
    * "We've got some interest in Stef Martin... we need some more support in that position... there is some interest in that, absolutely"

* "It's really encouraging that Mitch Hannan has indicated he wants to come to the Dogs, but we've got a bit to work through there"

On Dunkley

* "We haven't put an extension in front of Josh Dunkley, no"

* Luke Beveridge has had conversations with Josh Dunkley about giving him more of that midfield time Essendon are offering him

* "I've had a couple of chats with Adrian Dodoro, but at this stage they've been very low level discussions"

* Did Josh Dunkley requesting a trade blindside the Dogs?

"Yeah, it did to be honest"

* "Our priority is to keep Josh Dunkley... we have to be open to different situations given he has said he wants to go to Essendon, but our preference is to keep him"

14. Thanks kruder, Doc26, 1eyedog, choconmientay thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on Power's comments, I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Treloar at the Dogs.

16. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Do you have any evidence to back this up or just a feeling? I don't think our pressure was generally incredibly poor. I think we had lapses in games that were costly but generally we brought the heat and mostly our opponents couldn't just do as they pleased. To say our pressure was incredibly poor is to call into question the effort of the players and I think most of the time the effort was there.
    41 tackles in a final isn't good enough, we got bullied the year before also against GWS. How many over the back goals occur? That has been structure but also significantly pressure again at the source. I remember hearing on FOX the doggies are in the lower half of the pressure rating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Based on Power's comments, I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Treloar at the Dogs.
    Sounded like he was giving Essendon a carrot to start working their asses off on Dunks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Thinking laterally.

Twomey thinks JUH gets nominated at Pick 4.

We demand Pick 6 & 42 and a player (AMT etc) from Essendon.

We offer Sydney 6 & 14 for their Pick 3 & 58.

According to ESPN, Pick 3, that’s Elijah Hollands, gun mid.

JUH gets nominated at 4. We match it for 1,600 draft points.

We are around 500 points in deficit say Raak & MacPherson take us to 1,000-1,300 points in deficit. If we trade out any other players that gets lower. This will wipe out our 2021 1st rounder. Say that’s pick 15 or so. But we pick up Pick 3 this year.

In: JUH, Hollands, MacPherson, Raak, (Hannan, Martin, AMT etc)
    Out: Young, Dunkley, 2021 First Rounder

If Sydney are into it of course.
    First time I've liked a post without even reading it. Just love that BT is back in town working his magic. The world is starting to feel more normal again.

20. Likes choconmientay liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've made my thoughts pretty clear on Treloar elsewhere (I do not want him) but additionally can we not bail Collingwood out of the situation they've put themselves in? They've overcommitted to a bunch of blokes, including the idiotic decision to grab Beams, now they are in a situation where they are forcing out a guy they headhunted a few years ago and got to backend his contract to help them out and now that it's their turn to repay the favour they have decided they'd rather not.

Why should we help them out by taking on Treloars stupidly big contract (or Stephensons, or Coxs, or Phillips, all players they seem happy to lose for a reason) and then putting ourselves under cap pressure?

If we were gonna help them it should have been by taking one of the guys they wanna keep, like Moore or Daicos, except they have already re signed them. I'd propose grabbing one of their really promising young guys but the only one i like is Quaynor.

Instead of grabbing someone who we might be able to make work but doesn't really improve us how about we just leave them in the mess they have created?
    I should leave it alone but you're not right