Thanks Thanks:  213
Likes Likes:  888
Page 77 of 122 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778798081828384858687 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1817
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management for 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    41 tackles in a final isn't good enough, we got bullied the year before also against GWS. How many over the back goals occur? That has been structure but also significantly pressure again at the source. I remember hearing on FOX the doggies are in the lower half of the pressure rating.
    Saints had 32 tackles
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Saints had 32 tackles
    Whilst we also had slightly more of the ball.

Post Thanks / Like

More I think about it the more I like Treloar and Stephenson at the dogs. All hinges on how much salary Collingwood is willing to pay, we must sign Bont and Smith on long term deals.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

4. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Listen to Power on trade radio here.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Ferg told he was out earlier today. Disappointing he didn't get a run this season. Some interest from others.

7. Thanks bornadog, Doc26, Mofra, kruder, azabob, Dry Rot thanked for this post
    Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ferg
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    Ferg told he was out earlier today. Disappointing he didn't get a run this season. Some interest from others.
    Yeah I get the interest too.. I know its been frustating with his injuries, but I'd have kept him before a few others that may get a reprieve

Post Thanks / Like

Shame, as he definitely had some talent. Hard to understand why he didn't get a crack this season to show what he was capable of.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Just musing ahead ... are we better?

B: CROZIER - KEATH - JOHANNISEN
    HB: WILLIAMS - GARDNER - DANIEL
    C: HUNTER - MACRAE - TRELOAR
    HF: SMITH - NAUGHTON - VANDERMEER
    F: WALLIS - BRUCE - HANNAN
    Mids: ENGLISH - BONTEMPELLI - LIBERATORE
    Int from: MARTIN - WOOD - RICHARDS - DURYEA - CORDY - JONG - LIPINSKI - WEST

We're still drowning in mids and back flankers at the expense of other areas though depending on how we play it the Dunkley sitch presents an opportunity to rebalance things if we choose.

To that end, think we're better served with Tippa over Treloar ...

B: CROZIER - KEATH - JOHANNISEN
    HB: WILLIAMS - GARDNER - DANIEL
    C: HUNTER - MACRAE - SMITH
    HF: VANDERMEER - NAUGHTON - MCDONALD-TIPUNGWUTI
    F: WALLIS - BRUCE - HANNAN
    Mids: ENGLISH - BONTEMPELLI - LIBERATORE
    Int from: MARTIN - WOOD - RICHARDS - DURYEA - CORDY - JONG - LIPINSKI - WEST

Hannan irks me but we're hardly going to grab him then not play him.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Sounded like he was giving Essendon a carrot to start working their asses off on Dunks.
    I wonder if the Dodos could also pay part of Treloar’s salary for us in addition to Collingwood’s share?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

13. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Imagine a forward line of Naughty, JUH and Stevo dam it would be exciting to watch.

My big concern about bringing in Treloar and Stevo for example if we loose Dunks is that they are both poor defensively. After watching the finals this year pressure is still the one wood there is no doubt about it, our side was incredibly poor in this area across the year.

How do we get the balance right? Would woofers have the guts to bring in a guy like Stevo?(I dont think it would have to hinge on the dunks trade at all)
    JS is a liability on the field, gets to the best spots to be Joe the Goose. I also played cricket against him and will be a big risk off-field as well. I'm not sure I want JS and Hunter in the same space.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

15. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    I've made my thoughts pretty clear on Treloar elsewhere (I do not want him) but additionally can we not bail Collingwood out of the situation they've put themselves in? They've overcommitted to a bunch of blokes, including the idiotic decision to grab Beams, now they are in a situation where they are forcing out a guy they headhunted a few years ago and got to backend his contract to help them out and now that it's their turn to repay the favour they have decided they'd rather not.

Why should we help them out by taking on Treloars stupidly big contract (or Stephensons, or Coxs, or Phillips, all players they seem happy to lose for a reason) and then putting ourselves under cap pressure?

If we were gonna help them it should have been by taking one of the guys they wanna keep, like Moore or Daicos, except they have already re signed them. I'd propose grabbing one of their really promising young guys but the only one i like is Quaynor.

Instead of grabbing someone who we might be able to make work but doesn't really improve us how about we just leave them in the mess they have created?
    Ultimately it boils down to how you rate our mids. For mine, ours are overrated as a collective group evidenced by recent big games where they've been soundly beaten. Whilst this is tied to our ruck situation, the mids have to take some responsibility too - some of the performances in the last 12-18 months have been diabolical from such a talented group.

It's been clear for a while our mids are 'too similar' - not enough line breaking and players who are prepared to take space / take the positive option. Macrae, Hunter and Dunkley don't hurt sides by foot - despite all being great players in their own right. The fact that we rely so heavily on Smith is a problem, particularly given he's so young. We need a better balance.

Bont, Macrae and Hunter are elite. Libba is elite but getting on / one injury away from his career being done. I don't rate Lippa, Hayes, Jong etc. and West is a pup.

We have holes in multiple areas but the mid is one of them.

Treloar improves our dynamic significantly

17. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dogs dealing with list uncertainty

Uncertainty around AFL list sizes for next season will mean the Western Bulldogs have a bit to work through over the coming weeks as they look to finalise their list for 2021.

Fifteen players remain out of contract, ( I wish Axeman would let us know) including three who played in the elimination final loss to St Kilda – Taylor Duryea, Ryan Gardner and Roarke Smith.

Former skipper Easton Wood is the only player to have signed a new deal since the end of the season, inking a two-year contract extension.

Bulldogs’ list boss Sam Power said it was a difficult period for those players left waiting.

“It adds a level of complexity to it,” Power said of the list size uncertainty.

“Mainly from an uncontracted player point of view, that the guys unfortunately have to sit out (of contract) for a little bit longer which is really difficult for them.

“Also (in terms of) pick swaps or bringing players in, not having that 100 per cent clarity does make it a bit difficult and very different to what’s been the case in previous years.”

The Bulldogs will look to bolster their list in this year’s trade period, according to Power.

Melbourne forward Mitch Hannan has indicated his desire to join the club, as the Bulldogs weigh up options to add to their existing group.

Adding another layer to that will be accumulating the right draft picks – and points – to ensure a bid can be matched for Next Generation Academy talent Jamarra Ugle-Hagan.

“We’re always looking to improve our list and bring in players that we feel add to what we already have,” Power said.

“Also this year we’ve got some points considerations with an Academy prospect, so that potentially impacts picks that we have and what we might be looking to do from a pick swap point of view.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    This pisses me off, Ferg was showing real good talent this year in the scratch matches
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Ultimately it boils down to how you rate our mids. For mine, ours are overrated as a collective group evidenced by recent big games where they've been soundly beaten. Whilst this is tied to our ruck situation, the mids have to take some responsibility too - some of the performances in the last 12-18 months have been diabolical from such a talented group.

It's been clear for a while our mids are 'too similar' - not enough line breaking and players who are prepared to take space / take the positive option. Macrae, Hunter and Dunkley don't hurt sides by foot - despite all being great players in their own right. The fact that we rely so heavily on Smith is a problem, particularly given he's so young. We need a better balance.

Bont, Macrae and Hunter are elite. Libba is elite but getting on / one injury away from his career being done. I don't rate Lippa, Hayes, Jong etc. and West is a pup.

We have holes in multiple areas but the mid is one of them.

Treloar improves our dynamic significantly
    Ok Treloar has burst speed. But he isn't a great kick and he also goes completely missing in games when the chips are down. So aside from some burst speed he doesn't really provide us with much of a difference. I'm all for adding him on the cheap (both trade and salary wise) because the Pies are desperate to get rid of him but if we're simply talking Dunkley for Treloar and bunch of picks then I won't be happy.