0 0%
  • Delist

0 0%
  • Needs more time

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rating our list 2020 Laitham Vandermeer 23

Polling continues to evaluate each player on our list starting with the highest number Lin Jong down to Matthew Suckling.
    The poll will run for a week and when your post in the poll if you can give a reason on your thoughts so we can share your insights.
    At the end we'll see how our list looks in the eyes of WOOF members.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

2. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rating our list 2020 Laitham Vandermeer 23

A few stats:
    Height: 180cm
    Weight: 77Kg
    Games: 12

Hard running defender Laitham Vandermeer was recruited with a second round selection (pick 37 overall) in the 2018 NAB AFL Draft. Vandermeer was a year older than many of his 2018 draft class counterparts, having played as a 19-year old in the TAC Cup. He is a line-breaker, using his speed and agility to rebound from the defensive 50. Vandermeer has a penetrating kick and uses it to gain quality metres for his side. Vandermeer played 15 VFL matches in his first season at the Kennel, however did not breakthrough to make an AFL debut.
    LINK
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

For a guy I thought might play one or two games this year, Laitham is probably my biggest plus to come out of a so far pretty average year. Uses his pace smartly, generally makes smart decisions and executes well, he's suddenly become an element of our side that is somewhat difficult to replace as his attributes are not ones that are in huge supply on our list. Good on him and I hope he takes it to the next level next year.

Post Thanks / Like

I was a non-believer but he's a jet. Happy to eat my words. Will get better and better loving his don't argue approach. He'll get stronger and start shoving guys away. Uber-confident, penetrating kick, fast as, has the second best sidestep at the club, loves a goal and trains with 'The Stud'. What's not to like?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

6. Likes WBFC4FFC, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He was an eye catching but inconsistent junior with an explosive burst of pace.
    Really impressed with the progress he has made the year but it will be a while before we know if he is a genuine AFL quality player

He's brings a great energy level to the team and his pace is a real point of difference.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

8. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He'll certainly be AFL quality, just needs to keep on improving. I love that he plays aggressively, is creative and fast. He'll eventually be on the wing but I think he's really impressive as a high half forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Great season to date till injury ending it all. Bevo mentioned in his presser he will be missed.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I was a non-believer but he's a jet. Happy to eat my words. Will get better and better loving his don't argue approach. He'll get stronger and start shoving guys away. Uber-confident, penetrating kick, fast as, has the second best sidestep at the club, loves a goal and trains with 'The Stud'. What's not to like?
    Ended-up being an Over-age player for the Bushrangers. Hence I was not expecting much.

Just proves the kids develop at different rates. Can't place too much emphasis on where players get drafted, given their age.

Post Thanks / Like

Remarkable how quickly he’s become best 22 and how much emphasis Bevo placed in his presser on Laith going down last Friday.

Would challenge Bailey Williams for most improved player this year IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Coming in I thought he was another JJ, a skinny half back flanker with pace and a nice kick but a bit soft and not likely to impose himself on games.

Instead we have a Liam Picken type with pace who attacks the ball, is good in a contest and offers real spark to the lineup. Been such an encouraging find out of what feels like nowhere and is just so different to everyone else on our list.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Coming in I thought he was another JJ, a skinny half back flanker with pace and a nice kick but a bit soft and not likely to impose himself on games.
    You say this like its a bad thing.

Laith actually reminds me of Harbrow. Exceptionally quick and willing to try and do damage on the game even if its not within his capabilities.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Tbf I was actually really excited about that version of Laitham, so was quite shocked when I found him to be a hard at it forward. I would have been happy with the half back version, but I think what he is bringing as a forward is more valuable to us.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

He's the only Laitham in public life I want to hear about. I rate him.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Feel like he and Bailey Smith are the attitude future of the club.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

18. Likes Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The most welcome part of Vandermeer's game is he instinctively wants to 'go', not sideways, not backwards, but actually advance the pill, with urgency too, and this makes him all the more dangerous.

Fingers crossed he kicks on because what he's added is golden.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

20. Likes Testekill liked this post