Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Serious allegations against Elijah Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Yeah I’m the same as well BAD but if true it is not good.
    If true he should be charged by Police.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Should he be helped to be a better person and live a normal life, yes.

If true should he be granted the many benefits that come with being an AFL player? No. I believe that is what people mean when they say he's finished
    As a 19 y-o he should have a chance at redemption, both in life and as a footballer. He does need to pay a penance, but he should not be ostracised from footy for life.

However, we also don't know the true story, but if true any chances at redemption should be dependent on not offending again.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    If true he should be charged by Police.
    Yep absolutely. That stuff is not on.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    As a 19 y-o he should have a chance at redemption, both in life and as a footballer. He does need to pay a penance, but he should not be ostracised from footy for life.

However, we also don't know the true story, but if true any chances at redemption should be dependent on not offending again.
    Great, he can play state level and lower if it's true. There can't be a tolerance for what he's accused of. You shouldn't just get to be a celebrity athlete on a hundreds of thousands of dollars contract with kids looking up to you after choking and kicking a girl.

Of course this is not how society works (ask Chris Brown) so I suppose if he's a good enough footballer all will be forgiven.

5. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like he has been stood down by Swans. Police have charged him re assault.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like he has been stood down by Swans. Police have charged him re assault.
    not going to use the like button but thanks for the update. Story up on afl website now

https://www.afl.com.au/news/500818/s...-taylor-arrest

Bolded part speaks volumes.

"As a result of the serious nature of these charges, coupled with Elijah's failure to abide by club directives on a number of occasions this year, we have made the decision to stand him down from all club commitments immediately. We will review this position as the situation unfolds.

"We believe this is the most appropriate course of action giving respect to all involved, and in light of the impending court proceedings."
    Also the arrest is for something that happened a months ago, so potentially not the first time

This allegation, however, is related to a previous incident in Sydney prior to COVID-19.

8. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Crappy for everyone involved.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    not going to use the like button but thanks for the update. Story up on afl website now

https://www.afl.com.au/news/500818/s...-taylor-arrest

Bolded part speaks volumes.

Also the arrest is for something that happened a months ago, so potentially not the first time
    I read it as the charges are related to an incident that happened on Sunday morning. The incident previously mentioned was brought to the attention of the public by the woman involved via social media, and happened in Sydney. He's not been charged for the Sydney incident.

Hopefully she is first and foremost being supported through this.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Getting what he deserves sadly. No excuses for this behaviour.

Post Thanks / Like

He needs help. 18 year old behaving badly. He has a great opportunity to use his talent and make some big dollars, wet him self up for life. I don't know his background, but doesn't sound to good, to think he can do what he did and get away with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I read it as the charges are related to an incident that happened on Sunday morning. The incident previously mentioned was brought to the attention of the public by the woman involved via social media, and happened in Sydney. He's not been charged for the Sydney incident.

Hopefully she is first and foremost being supported through this.
    That's how I read it too.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Funny how Elijah is stood down, but De Goey still playing

15. Thanks mjp thanked for this post
    Likes SquirrelGrip, Happy Days, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny how Elijah is stood down, but De Goey still playing
    There is this extremely poorly written and highly contradictory article attempting to explain the difference

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...16-p55wcl.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    There is this extremely poorly written and highly contradictory article attempting to explain the difference

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...16-p55wcl.html
    I think if you stop reading at paragraph five or so he actually summed it up well;

"De Goey is a physically mature match-winner in his prime (he's booted nine goals in his past two games). Taylor, while talented, is an unproven 19-year-old draftee who has played just four games"

The AFL has only ever been willing to get knee-deep on this stuff, and will leverage social issues only to the degree they will not cost them money. We are in the entertainment business after all.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

18. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Likes EasternWest, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I think if you stop reading at paragraph five or so he actually summed it up well;

"De Goey is a physically mature match-winner in his prime (he's booted nine goals in his past two games). Taylor, while talented, is an unproven 19-year-old draftee who has played just four games"

The AFL has only ever been willing to get knee-deep on this stuff, and will leverage social issues only to the degree they will not cost them money. We are in the entertainment business after all.
    That sounds like the plot of the book 'Night Moves'. A well written book about a terrible subject.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.