Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers and Anchors - Rnd 16, 2020 vs West Coast Eagles

Just saw that McGovern was in the field when he “touched” Bont’s goal. Still a goal lol.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Crozier - his worst game since we all realised he's good. Needs to learn that while we all respect his courage and willingness to put himself at risk, there are times to pick spots to let the tall defenders do their job and wait for the ball to come to ground. It's cost us goals in several games now and cost us an easy contest clear in this one.
    In the Geelong match, twice he flew for the ball when he shouldn't have, spoilt our player and resulted in two goals. In a close match, they were vital errors. Great he has courage, but yeah agree wait for the ball to fall to ground.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    In the Geelong match, twice he flew for the ball when he shouldn't have, spoilt our player and resulted in two goals. In a close match, they were vital errors. Great he has courage, but yeah agree wait for the ball to fall to ground.
    I could be wrong but I reckon the same thing happened in the Melbourne game, they got a couple of goals after he spilled grabs. It's hard to be too critical because none of them were easy and you don't want him to stop going for the intercept marks all together. His decision making when to fly for marks and his execution has just been slightly off the last few weeks.

5. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

- Tim English’s effectiveness around the ground. He is a genuine match winner
    - Toby McLean ducking and dodging through the middle, creating space and opening up other players. When he is in form he really does stand out
    - Bonti wishing all the dad out there a happy Father’s Day. That level of awareness when your whole body must be about to collapse is refreshing

Anchors

- The umpiring - I don’t usually complain about umpiring as over 4 qtrs it generally levels out and it’s got to be one of the hardest jobs around - but far out it was bad. The mauling of Naughton and Wally in our forward line for no free kick and that physical ruck contest with Darling (IN THEIR F50) with <1m to go we’re just awful
    - our scoring. It’s been said before - we should have won by 5 goals. Very capable of doing so also very capable of making something easy incredibly difficult for ourselves
    - fox footy cutting to one of their “panel of arrogant wankers sitting on a couch“ back hand complementing each other for an hour rather than let us watch interviews with the players and Bevos presser

7. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post

Anchors

- The umpiring - I don’t usually complain about umpiring as over 4 qtrs it generally levels out and it’s got to be one of the hardest jobs around - but far out it was bad. The mauling of Naughton and Wally in our forward line for no free kick and that physical ruck contest with Darling (IN THEIR F50) with <1m to go we’re just awful
    I'm pretty sure it was later in the game, maybe 3rd or 4th quarter. Naughton arm chop, held, pushed, what ever they want to call a free for they could have rolled a dice to choose, no call. Wally straight after got one but I'm pretty sure it was the central umpire that called it as it came late, pretty blatant but the same umpire missed it.

The free to Darling at the end was disgraceful!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was later in the game, maybe 3rd or 4th quarter. Naughton arm chop, held, pushed, what ever they want to call a free for they could have rolled a dice to choose, no call. Wally straight after got one but I'm pretty sure it was the central umpire that called it as it came late, pretty blatant but the same umpire missed it.

If Darling had kicked that goal and we had lost that umpire should have been stood down - FOREVER!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post

There was an incident in the last qtr when the ball came in and Wallis was held off his run at it. Ball sailed over, contest, they cleared it out. I felt moments like that were continually missed over the night but payed the other way.
    The dam wall has busted!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Anchors

1. Team - 49 more disposals, I50 45 to 27, 4 more clearances, 19 more CP, and 5 more stoppages 7 more scoring shots yet we win by 2 points.

I actually see that as a positive.

Snuck home by only two points but the performance was so much stronger than that. Won all the important KPIs including getting set shots in good positions but hurt by goal inaccuracy. Only one thing to correct (if only it were that easy).
    The Angels have the phone box. Don't blink!

12. Likes bornadog liked this post