Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  56
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Year of the Dogs Flashbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I get what you’re saying, but Comrade is eluding to the attempt, deliberate or not, to control what is posted on an Internet forum. That is the difference.

If people wanna see "unbearable", go jump on bigfooty for a few days and see what you think. I stopped going there because of how bad it became. On WOOF I just don’t see it. I agree that incessant, unreasoned negativity and blame doesn’t add anything to a discussion. But for the overwhelming majority of posts on here I just don’t see that. I appreciate all reasoned opinions on here as it leads to healthy and passionate discussion. If you find something incessant, simply ignore it.

Edit: sorry jeemak I’m not intending this specifically at you
    Mate, I am wounded! How dare you?

Likewise I get what you're saying, and I left BF years ago for the same reasons.

It's a balance, possibly we need to air this stuff from time to time so we can all be a bit more considerate of each other irrespective of our points of view/ direction from which we're coming.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I like all the opinions, I just hate the pile on and hanging onto said opinion because it somehow may hurt your ego to admit, as we all are at times (me once but I was mistaken), we got it wrong.
    Gardner is a prime example. The guy has played a handful of games and after a shaky start I've seen a little bit more each week to get excited about, I can't see a reason to continue any criticism.
    I'll second that - credit where credit is due.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    And that is precisely the example of the lack of nuance that can be frustrating to converse with.
    It's one fairly immutable snapshot of what we've achieved post-premiership.

Not an argument for quashing conversation around how and why.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    To be fair we came into the season optimistic, then had the most demoralising and pathetic first two games actually possible, then came good but have still consistently been displaying the Beveridgisms that have plagued us for years, all wrapped up in a pandemic that has sucked the joy out of Melbourne.

I really enjoyed the other night fwiw, it was genuinely fun, but at the same time I think it's fair to acknowledge that we came very close to another frustrating loss with all the usual limitations on display.
    I see you graduated from that "Realism 101" course with honours! I was in despair after those first two games. We have clawed our way back into contention with some good performances but, at the same time, have lost games against quality opposition, that we should have won. Why? Because of our our mistakes and the ability of the top sides to exploit our weaknesses. Our leading goal kicker is a small forward. Gang up on Naughton and Bruce is probably a mantra for opposition coaches. "And always be on the lookout for a quick release out of defensive 50, cos they don't defend deep and are always vulnerable to one over the top to Joe the Goose."
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Mate, I am wounded! How dare you?

Likewise I get what you're saying, and I left BF years ago for the same reasons.

It's a balance, possibly we need to air this stuff from time to time so we can all be a bit more considerate of each other irrespective of our points of view/ direction from which we're coming.
    In relation to other sites, I have not bothered to look at any of them except I do contribute to the WBFC Twitter feed and occasionally to the WB Supporters FB page.
    However, in recent weeks I have spent quite a bit of time on Bomber Blitz and I highly recommend it. Herbatron's YouTube clips are top shelf. He is super talented, super perceptive and applies the blow torch mainly to the admin and coaches. There are also some very witty posters who resort to humour as the only way of coping with the years and years of absolute failure.
    I feel the pain of these people. There are a lot of feral Essendon types on there too - but I just scroll past them and look for the gems such as:
    "Don't forget to purchase your Limited Edition Cale Hooker's 200th Game Shiraz from the Marketing Department."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Just like we ‘should’ have won by more, I guess?
    Before the game we were 131.118 for the year.

So 52% of shots were goals. We then went at 33% accuracy
    Darling was going at 33% from that position.

Not really the same.

We certainly could have lost but should have (and did) won.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Before the game we were 131.118 for the year.

So 52% of shots were goals. We then went at 33% accuracy
    Darling was going at 33% from that position.

Not really the same.

We certainly could have lost but should have (and did) won.
    Ok, whatever argument you’re tying to win, you win.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

6 wins from the flag.

10. Likes mjp, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Big game tonight. Cokers get the job done and that’s another nail in Saints/GWS/Pies coffins. We are the undertakers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Big game tonight. Cokers get the job done and that’s another nail in Saints/GWS/Pies coffins. We are the undertakers!
    Actually think the Saints win tonight. West Coast have so many midfield outs.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured