Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  62
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: It was four years ago today...

Dunks making Darling crap his shorts is close to one of my favourite footy moments of all time.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

2. Likes bornadog, Sedat, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear from you Twodogs. Hope you are well.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Good to hear from you Twodogs. Hope you are well.
    Cheers Easty ��
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

5. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yesssssss TD! Yeeeeeessssssss!!!!!!!!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

7. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread prompted me to go back into the history of WOOF and read the game day threads and other threads surrounding our 2016 finals run, I wasn't a member then but reading those threads bought back all the feelings I felt during the 2016 campaign. How I hope, and wish we get back to that form so we can do it all again.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

9. Likes merantau, Topdog, Twodogs, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Highlights

There is nothing better than handing out a hiding to the Cokes on their own dung hill. Sending their flogster fans home salty and in shock is so satisfying. Doesn't matter who it is - I always love to see them beaten at home.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

I was in Lombok for this game - watching at home. I remember feeling really despondent when they kicked those two goals as a result of our errors after we had dominated, yet blown our chances.
    But then the worm turned and the booing got louder as our lead increased. It was beautiful to hear and ushered in three weeks of ecstasy.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Watching on TV the thing that I remember most is the silence from the crowd as the 3QT siren sounded.

No booing, no cheering, just silence.

We had them completely stunned.

Just a wonderful performance the boys put together.

13. Likes merantau, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What a night this was. Was at a family friends place where they basically have their own bar and projector screen - and about 10-12 of us were going mental.

I had a sneaky feeling that we were a chance to win, and decided to back us. But took the 1-39 because we couldn't possibly win in Perth by 40+.....safe to say I didn't really care too much about the losing punt as we demolished them.

It was Caleb Daniel's final. Backed up by Dahlhaus and Picken - but Caleb was extraordinary.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    I was in Lombok for this game - watching at home. I remember feeling really despondent when they kicked those two goals as a result of our errors after we had dominated, yet blown our chances.
    But then the worm turned and the booing got louder as our lead increased. It was beautiful to hear and ushered in three weeks of ecstasy.
    I remember feeling (and tweeting as such) that it was the most Bulldog start to a game ever.

Then halfway through the last quarter, sitting on my couch relaxed - and thinking the only time a natural sedative has gone through me in a final was the 2nd half of the 2010 prelim when St Kilda took over and I stopped thinking we could win. Was nice to sit there during a final for once knowing we were going to s... it in.

Just re-watched the highlights....forward line of Boyd, Stringer, Picken, C Smith, Dickson....how long can 4 years be in footy?
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

I also was waiting for the same old Bulldogs to kick into gear, but then Jordan Roughead played on from a mark and slotted one from 50, which is distinctly not the sort of thing that happens in games you lose.

Shout out to the West Coast supporter who told me that we'd never win a flag as he was leaving the Great Northern around 3QT. Hope he got the help he needs.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Let's not forget that we were beaten by an underwhelming Fremantle in Perth just two weeks earlier.

I gave us zero chance after that game but upgraded out chances to 5% after WCE named Mitch Brown. Why they would go so tall against a running side I have no idea.

I still think Roughy's blind turn to goal was his career highlight to that point, and Picken marking between two taller opponents just showed how amazing a judge of the flight of the ball he really was. From a guy who couldn't even get rookied as a FS pick for Collingwood, then spent years as a tagger for us.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

18. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Highlights

I know they are highlights but god how good did we look? So assured and full of grunt. Seeing space in our forward line is a dream.

20. Thanks merantau thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Let's not forget that we were beaten by an underwhelming Fremantle in Perth just two weeks earlier.

I gave us zero chance after that game but upgraded out chances to 5% after WCE named Mitch Brown. Why they would go so tall against a running side I have no idea.

I still think Roughy's blind turn to goal was his career highlight to that point, and Picken marking between two taller opponents just showed how amazing a judge of the flight of the ball he really was. From a guy who couldn't even get rookied as a FS pick for Collingwood, then spent years as a tagger for us.
    It's the Pickens and the Clay Smiths that we miss the most right now IMO. It's been spoken about on here numerous times but watching those highlights......highlight how important that ferocity is. 2020, when we have it we look good. It's just not consistent enough. And when we don't, we look very ordinary.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Let's not forget that we were beaten by an underwhelming Fremantle in Perth just two weeks earlier. .
    We took half the reserves with us that day
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.