Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  39
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone else had a gut full of the Tigers?

I've had a gut full of the Tigers and I'm starting to resent their success. RESENT I SAID. Anyone else?

For a start. All those home games and finals in a row that led to their 2017 flag. The 'GREATEST FLAG IN HISTORY!!!' as a lot of tiger supporters actually believe. Conveniently forgetting we had to win in Perth, and at the MCG (against an MCG tenant) and then in Sydney.......

I despise the fact that Tom Lynch can walk from a wooden spoon basket case to Richmond, who had just won a flag, and who pays??? The teams at the bottom of the ladder all get shunted down the draft order (not complaining about Bailey Smith BTW). But people tear their hair out over the academy system, and even father / sons when it doesn't go their way, at least you have to cough up draft points to get the player........but Tom Lynch walks to Richmond for free and it's meh.........whatever. They gave up nothing. Elite players walking from wooden spoon clubs to premiership clubs FOR NOTHING.......yeah nah....that's ok.

Then Tom Lynch get's off every single time......... a direct forceful punch to the guts.......... meh....he's a big name playing for a big club we need him to keep playing. It's for THE GOOD OF THE CODE. If anyone of us saw that happen in the under 12's we'd be disgusted, but this is what happens when the AFL green lights this kind of gutless cheap shot. and Lynch get's off, Lynch gets off, Lynch get's off........ it's almost like doing the Macarena.

THEN!!!!! Monday night on SEN. You know.......Monday night? The round is over......the hysterics and analysis of the Sunday games has been put to bed. So MONDAY night is the first night where the analysis of the whole round actually happens. The smattering of calls from the die hard supporters from across the league. I loved Monday nights.

Now it's a dedicated Richmond show. 'Tiger time with Jack Riewoldt' he talks about Richmond, interviews OTHER RICHMOND PLAYERS FFS!!! Takes calls from Richmond supporters..........Yeah, really cutting edge journalism there. I want to THROW UP!!!!

The COVID stuff..........well yeah any team could have stuffed up but they, for some reason, got a rolled gold velvet carpet ride from the media on that one............... I mean imagine if that was Collingwood.....or US.

I'm Dancin' Douggy........ AND I'VE HAD A GUT FULL!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has anyone else had a gut full of the Tigers?

Would be rapt as a supporter reading the above about my team from an opposition supporter.

We barracking for Richmond tonight yeah?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Would be rapt as a supporter reading the above about my team from an opposition supporter.

I am not
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes. They pick like 15 guys who full on suck every week and win with structure and systems and blah blah blah. They’re BORING and ruining football.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

6. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Soldo long term injury
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

9. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post

It's hard with two mollycoddled and entitled wanker clubs playing.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

11. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

F..'ken amen.

I *loathed* them in the nineties and noughties but they'd become so hapless, such a reliable source of pity and mirth it felt almost miserly to begrudge them when they won the first one. Almost.

Not any more.

The thinly veiled hubris from Hardwick.

The golden boy entitlement of Lynch.

The flouncy nice guy smugness of Cotch.

Jack's combination of slapped arse face and conceited schtick passed off as larrikinism and the meeja who indulge it.

And most of all, without question, the fact we haven't been able to defend a title and back up like they have that burns like last night's spicy Korma. Yeah I'm jealous. The pricks.

Enough already. The loathing is back and it feels good man. It feels right.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I am not
    That's fine. I could never hope that Geelong wins a game. I have no issue with Richmond on-field. Two flags, consistently good football and another solid push for a flag this year. Sounds like sour grapes to me.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

14. Likes bornadog, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Yes. They pick like 15 guys who full on suck every week and win with structure and systems and blah blah blah. They’re BORING and ruining football.
    ummmmm different issue

Post Thanks / Like

They’re better now than in their flag years with the young talent and the old guys still around. How did we lose to Geelong. Game plan is appalling. Captain Clanger gone missing in a big game *shock*.
    Im not sick of them to be honest, they’re good I’m maybe a little jealous. But not really. They sucked for a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Then again, they've kept the dirty stinkin' Cats to a sole goal through three quarters so I'm prepared to knock it back a gear for the next thirty minutes and enjoy that on its merits.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't begrudge them 2017. Since then I've gone right off them to especially 'tough guy' Lynch
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

19. Likes Max469, Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. It's 100% sour grapes. Absolutely. ( I'm not being sarcastic) It IS sour grapes. And baby are they sour.

21. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    I didn't begrudge them 2017. Since then I've gone right off them to especially 'tough guy' Lynch
    Yes Lynch is a flog. Can’t stand him. Not sure where I stand with the Tigers in general.Like others I hate their recent success and am envious of this. One thing I do like about them though is watching Dusty play. Man he is good.