• VFL quality

4 22.22%
  • Delist

8 44.44%
  • Needs more time

0 0%
    Post Thanks / Like

Rating our list 2020 Sam Lloyd 22

Polling continues to evaluate each player on our list starting with the highest number Lin Jong down to Matthew Suckling.
    The poll will run for a week and when your post in the poll if you can give a reason on your thoughts so we can share your insights.
    At the end we'll see how our list looks in the eyes of WOOF members.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rating our list 2020 Sam Lloyd 22

A few stats:
    Height: 180cm
    Weight: 81Kg
    Games: 114

Sam Lloyd arrived at the Kennel during the 2018 NAB Trade Period after five seasons with the Richmond Football Club. The clever goal-kicker began his AFL career as a forward after showing excellent form in the VFL, but also displayed his craft as an inside midfielder. Lloyd was a member of Richmond's VFL Premiership team in 2017, claiming the Norm Goss Medal as best afield in the season decider. Lloyd was initially selected by Richmond as a 4th round selection (No. 66 overall) in the 2013 NAB AFL Draft. In his first season in red, white and blue, Lloyd played every game - including the Elimination Final against GWS Giants - and finished as the Bulldogs’ leading goal-kicker, kicking 38 goals for the season. Lloyd kicked multiple goals in 13 matches in 2019, and went goalless in just three games as he established himself as a key member of the Bulldogs’ developing forward line.

LINK

3. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't see what he offers that different from other same sized forwards. Started well with us in his first season with us but that all and has the blinkers on near goal which wouldn't be a bad thing if he kicked them more often than he does.

Post Thanks / Like

LLoyd was a good get winning our goal kicking last year with 38 goals, but it was a temporary solution to our goal kicking woes. He will be 31 next year and maybe father time is catching up to him as he has not been able to capture the same form.

His contract runs out at the end of this year and even if he scored a new deal, I can't see him as best 22 from next year.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe he is still an AFL quality player. He's had a patchy season so far this year and will need to improve in 2021
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Can I appeal to all WOOF members here. Hotdog60 has done a great effort on working his way through the list each week and starting these threads. So far 14 WOOF members have reviewed this thread but only 3 have cast a vote. It would really be appreciated if you can at least cast your vote or even better add some commentary.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

8. Likes anfo27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Asking the same question 12 months ago I would’ve answered AFL quality, but now Lloyd appears to have fallen off the cliff. He is missing easy goals and isn’t applying enough forward pressure. He is lucky he has a contract for 2021.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

10. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never been much of a fan tbh. To me he's a lesser version of Dickson. Doesn't work anywhere near as hard defensively as Dicko does. Not as good a kick as Dicko, but who is? And Dicko in general was a better team player. Not against his arrival, he's played a role for us but i see a few on our list i'd rather see get a game ahead of him.

Depending on how far the list needs to be trimmed down to i'd think about letting him go.

Post Thanks / Like

If he didn’t have a contract, in context of we have stated we are looking for a pressure forward, and smaller lists, I would delist. But as he has a contract he probably stays. Depth player for me

Post Thanks / Like

Depth for me too. Unfortunately too slow and not as reliable a goal kick late last year and this.

Post Thanks / Like

Move him on, rather play our developing young small forwards as opposed to giving Lloyd more game time, this year his gone missing and when he does grab it I'm never confident that he'll kick a goal.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

I like him but he doesn't have that many tricks and I think from a team balance perspective if Wallis is getting a game he can't. I'd rather invest his list spot in a forward who offers something different, a crumbing type or a pacy type or someone who can push up the ground. Shame because I like Lloyd and think he works hard, he just doesn't offer much more than a slow fairly clever forward who isn't great in a contest.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

If we can afford to have him as depth then I'm all for keeping him, but I struggle to see how he exceeds this year's level and doesn't decline.

He's a neat player, though some tell tale signs of slowing down have crept into his game (i.e. muddled decision making) this year.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.