Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  31
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ryan ‘Plugger’ Gardner has found his groove

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Some of the commentary here sometimes is no different.
    There is a big difference between making comments on a forum and charging into a personal social media account and attacking a person.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    There is a big difference between making comments on a forum and charging into a personal social media account and attacking a person.
    Most of the comments were more around the fact that he was picked before being ready. That's not the players fault
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

The comments from bevo are very telling. Attentive to detail, listens to instructions. Coaches love that.

Great back story for the kid

4. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He’s looking a lot more comfortable. I had my doubts, but he really has improved as he’s grown in confidence.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    He’s looking a lot more comfortable. I had my doubts, but he really has improved as he’s grown in confidence.
    He had some good moments today, and a few ordinary ones particularly by foot. I thought he scored a par for the day which is good for his trend.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Although some comments that I inadvertently and unfortunately come across, particularly on the Facebook WB forum, are simply bloody cruel and distasteful, and too often reads as a sad form of pack bullying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Although some comments that I inadvertently and unfortunately come across, particularly on the Facebook WB forum, are simply bloody cruel and distasteful, and too often reads as a sad form of pack bullying.
    It's gone feral. People aren't coping, sure, but when does it become carte blanch for people who aren't coping to be complete arseholes to everyone?

That's the big issue in all this. We're all doing it tough, does that have to mean that we revert to being wankers? Shouldn't it mean we sympathise/ empathise a bit?

I know Ryan has tried to be nice with some of his quotes, but no, there isn't an excuse for being a *!*!*!*!ing dickhead towards others just because things are shit for you. That's what makes us different from monkeys etc.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

9. Likes Doc26, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought he was solid yesterday and did some nice things. That's all we need from him. This week is going to be a far bigger test.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It's gone feral. People aren't coping, sure, but when does it become carte blanch for people who aren't coping to be complete arseholes to everyone?

That's the big issue in all this. We're all doing it tough, does that have to mean that we revert to being wankers? Shouldn't it mean we sympathise/ empathise a bit?

I know Ryan has tried to be nice with some of his quotes, but no, there isn't an excuse for being a *!*!*!*!ing dickhead towards others just because things are shit for you. That's what makes us different from monkeys etc.
    It's always been there and will get worse, check out NBA players social media accounts, but not being able to go to a game probably plays a factor. Most will vent on the day if need to and move on, OK it's not much better hearing it on gameday either, I do think it is why it has seemed to go up a notch.

Post Thanks / Like

If anyone sees something out of line directed to Gardner on social media, I encourage you all to defend his honor and include the hashtag #ProtectOurPlumz
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

13. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's always been there and will get worse, check out NBA players social media accounts, but not being able to go to a game probably plays a factor. Most will vent on the day if need to and move on, OK it's not much better hearing it on gameday either, I do think it is why it has seemed to go up a notch.
    I've seen Ryan Fitzgerald gets confused with Ryan Fitzpatrick (Miami Dolphins quarterback) by angry NFL fans on Twitter and plays along with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Still feels like he trails in on direct opponent when they push up at the ball. Reads it ok and positions well when setting up behind the ball but when it gets into a 1 vs 1 defensive mode he struggles to go with guys on the lead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Still feels like he trails in on direct opponent when they push up at the ball. Reads it ok and positions well when setting up behind the ball but when it gets into a 1 vs 1 defensive mode he struggles to go with guys on the lead.
    Every defender struggles with a player on the lead.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I've seen Ryan Fitzgerald gets confused with Ryan Fitzpatrick (Miami Dolphins quarterback) by angry NFL fans on Twitter and plays along with them.
    Haha. I saw that yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I've seen Ryan Fitzgerald with his mates close up in the crowd at the SCG.

Rude pig of a man.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.