Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  116
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Delisting and Retirements - 2020

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Kudos to 1eyedog & Bulldog Joe. Well played.

I mentioned a month or two back about bringing in Jetta for a season or two. If we keep Hayes I doubt we would.

I also don't mind Scharenberg from the list posted by Axeman. He has sure had his bad luck with injuries but he is a good player. I think his untimely injury in 2018 may have cost Collingwood the Grand Final. He had a great year.
    A declining Jetta provides so much more than Hayes could ever be capable of, even if we are only considering onfield
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

2. Likes 1eyedog, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Is this fair dinkum? Wow.
    Rumour
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    How about the fact that for all the thousands of talented Indigenous players (and yes we have also had a crack by drafting a number of them in the past), Lewis Jetta made it. What about the fact that he comes from a traumatic childhood that had him living on the streets of Perth with his brother Neville to getting himself to training for pretty much his entire teenage years with very little parental support and guidance to eventually making it onto an AFL list? You don't think that is resilient?

Furthermore, Lewis has already undertaken countless development programs and every off-season flies to the Top End to coach and guide Indigenous teenagers teaching them what they need to do to make it at AFL level. So he's already in an Indigenous development program. Here's a quote about his most recent program at Exmouth in W.A and I quote...'the presentation was relevant, powerful and for some of students, will be quite life changing.' Also, Lewis has never once stepped out of line off-field.

Lastly, Lewis has managed to play over 200 games of AFL football, not many Indigenous players get anywhere near this and he has fronted up at AFL level preseason after preseason in order to achieve that. That's another example of resilience. I'm not sure where you get your information from but to suggest that Lewis Jetta has shown no leadership and no resilience throughout his AFL career is a frankly wrong Euro-centric perspective. As for leadership amongst his community, he stood up for his Indigenous heritage with his own war dance in 2015 which gave him massive kudos amongst the Aboriginal community across the country. Lewis Jetta would be a perfect candidate. Indigenous street kid makes good in the AFL, so can you. The Aboriginal community loves Lewis and so will Jamarra. He is a perfect citizen and role model. Look he's not Adam Goodes but he doesn't have to write the framework for our Indigenous program others can provide feedback on that he just needs to be the face of it, support it and be consulted on it. Ultimately he also needs to be a playing mentor for Jamarra. In the end the respect Lewis commands as an Indigenous person coupled with his easy going manner will be the best asset for integrating Indigenous talent into our club.

Whether he can still play or not is up for debate, but if he was willing to come over for a year on base salary to support a program he has previous experience with and add something on-field as well I'd be on the phone to his manager today.
    This is your finest work 1eye and contains a depth of information that I never knew or considered.

I'm now totally on board with the last paragraph. Not sure it will happen, but it makes plenty of sense.
    "It's over. It's all over."

5. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Likes strebla, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

SYDNEY has delisted Jackson Thurlow, Robbie Fox, Zac Foot and Sam Gray ahead of Wednesday's list lodgement deadline.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    SYDNEY has delisted Jackson Thurlow, Robbie Fox, Zac Foot and Sam Gray ahead of Wednesday's list lodgement deadline.
    Interesting. Robbie Fox played a lot of footy this year including like the last 12 games in a row, and is a tallish defender at a club (not big enough for us btw) that just lost Aliir.

Also since having a 20 game 20 goal season in 2019 Sam Gray has been delisted twice. Thats a swift fall from grace.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Interesting. Robbie Fox played a lot of footy this year including like the last 12 games in a row, and is a tallish defender at a club (not big enough for us btw) that just lost Aliir.

Also since having a 20 game 20 goal season in 2019 Sam Gray has been delisted twice. Thats a swift fall from grace.
    Fox is stiff after playing 14/17 games, as you say.

Gray will likely get another chance at the Swans as he was contracted for 2021 and will be re-drafted in the rookie draft. He can go for a hattrick of delistings in a years time!

Post Thanks / Like

Robbie Fox will get picked up by another club, surely.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

If his body is right could be a bargain KPD.

Delisted North Melbourne forward Majak Daw is seeking a second chance at another AFL club

Majak Daw is prepared to spend the summer training with an AFL club for a vacant rookie-list spot to prove he will do whatever it takes to reignite his career.

Daw was one of 11 North Melbourne players delisted by the Roos this year after his inspiring comeback from a 2018 fall from the Bolte Bridge.

A pectoral muscle injury delayed his 2020 return and he played only four games for the Roos as ex-Lion Josh Walker took his spot in defence alongside Robbie Tarrant and Ben McKay.

His manager Adam Ramanauskas told the Herald Sun on Tuesday Daw was more than prepared to spend the summer proving himself again at an AFL club.

There is no significant interest in 29-year-old Daw yet as clubs assess list spots, but a team that misses out on a certain type of player in the draft might decide to test out a player of his calibre over summer.

The league announced earlier this month it will again operate the supplementary selection period from January 6 with players able to train with teams up until the start of the AFL season.

They can participate in training, intra-club matches, practice matches and the Marsh Community Series as teams decide if they are worthy of elevation into lists.

Daw had been rated an elite intercept marker by Champion Data in 2018, but the Roos instead used him as a ruckman and forward in his quartet of games this year.

It is understood a frustrated Daw spoke a number of times during the season to senior coach Rhyce Shaw about playing as a key defender again.

But with Walker in solid form and the Roos keen to find out whether No. 21 draft selection McKay could make it in his fifth season in the AFL, he was instead shut-out of that position.

Lions coach Chris Fagan said on Tuesday he believed the intercept marking defender was the most important player in football given his capacity to set the game up for his side.

The first delisted player free agency period starts on Thursday and goes until the following day before the first list lodgements on November 30.

Then on Tuesday December 1 there is a second delisted player free agency period that lasts until the following day, with the national draft on December 9.

Delisted free agents include Heath Shaw, Jackson Trengove, Oscar McDonald, Lewis Jetta, Matt Scharenberg, Shane Savage, Jordan Gallucci, Mason Wood and Jacob Townsend.

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes I feel like I’m the only person in the world who actually watched Majak play last season/ever.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

12. Likes Mofra, bulldogtragic, Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

"I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Sometimes I feel like I’m the only person in the world who actually watched Majak play last season/ever.
    Is he any good?

Post Thanks / Like

Is he any good?
    No. His athleticism is shot and his skills have badly deteriorated.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

16. Likes 1eyedog, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I certainty had no desire to watch North this season, so no I didn't see him play. That's why I said if his body is right.

Perhaps he just needs more time to get over some pretty horrific injuries, or perhaps he will never be the same. I hope he gets the chance to train somewhere to prove his fitness one way or the other.

Post Thanks / Like

Collingwood delist midfielder Rupert Wills and defender Flynn Appleby and Beams officially gone.

Kade Kolodjashnij has retired from football - concussion issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Collingwood delist midfielder Rupert Wills and defender Flynn Appleby and Beams officially gone.

Kade Kolodjashnij has retired from football - concussion issues.
    Wow that's really unfortunate for Kade. Taken the pick after Bont in the 2013 draft (by Gold Coast).