Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  116
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Delisting and Retirements - 2020

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    He made the All Australian squad in 2016 and 2017, was actually a very very good player. Just injured at the wrong time of his career.
    Will always remember him not for his searing left peg, but for the missed 50m pen in the centre of the ground with 2 minutes left in that prelim.

What if.... and that question finally went our way
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

189 games is a solid return - pretty harsh assessment of his career in some quarters.
    Will always be bewildered at why his dad was allowed to get a job with GWS though.

There might be a more players to retire before round 1 - Patton and Dyl Roberton are interesting cases.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Will always remember him not for his searing left peg, but for the missed 50m pen in the centre of the ground with 2 minutes left in that prelim.

What if.... and that question finally went our way
    The umpires panel in the review were comfortable with the decision (see the video inserted into the article), but Christian clearly thought it was a fifty:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/55973/mi...nd-final-berth

It could/ should have been paid when I can be comfortable knowing we have a premiership now........but the umpires make a really good point in that Scully jetted off the line straight away and as soon as they'd realised this all bets were off and play on was called.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    189 games is a solid return - pretty harsh assessment of his career in some quarters.
    Will always be bewildered at why his dad was allowed to get a job with GWS though.

There might be a more players to retire before round 1 - Patton and Dyl Roberton are interesting cases.
    Patton officially retired now. 2011 and 2013 number 1 draft picks by GWS and their key forward hopes for the long term now both retired (along with their number 2 pick from 2012 in O'Rourke). A real shame (for the players, not GWS, screw them).

Post Thanks / Like

I’m pretty sure everyone on Fox Footy was calling the Hawthorn ‘brain trust’ ‘fantastic, I think a genius’ for over paying the salary to get Vickery as a free agent, and then again ‘fantastic, I think a genius’ for taking the salary dumps of Scully & Patton.

Hindsight is 20/20 sure, but I’d love the same folks to analyse what Hawthorn got for the circa $3.5M they’re out of pocket, for a combined 47 games.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Patton officially retired now. 2011 and 2013 number 1 draft picks by GWS and their key forward hopes for the long term now both retired (along with their number 2 pick from 2012 in O'Rourke). A real shame (for the players, not GWS, screw them).
    Silly man with his indiscretions
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

My enduring memory of Patton is him falling all over all himself to verbal Tom Boyd during the '16 prelim.

Enjoy retirement you literal wanker.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    My enduring memory of Patton is him falling all over all himself to verbal Tom Boyd during the '16 prelim.

Also had a public crack at Boyd after he left the Giants. Karma's a bitch.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

10. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post

I have a vague recollection that we were actually into Patton (not Boyd) but he did his knee and we moved on to Boyd. That is Matrix levels of bullets dodged.

Post Thanks / Like

CATS TRIO URGED TO LOOK ELSEWHERE

A talented Geelong trio have been encouraged to explore their options as they continue to perform at the second-tier.

The Cats’ VFL side proved far too good for Coburg on Thursday night, winning by 57 points in a performance that underscored the capabilities of Darcy Fort, Charlie Constable and Jordan Clark.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...738d43b3d1dd1e

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post

A talented Geelong trio have been encouraged to explore their options as they continue to perform at the second-tier.

The Cats’ VFL side proved far too good for Coburg on Thursday night, winning by 57 points in a performance that underscored the capabilities of Darcy Fort, Charlie Constable and Jordan Clark.

I don't mind Clark, surprised they'd push him out the door.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I don't mind Clark, surprised they'd push him out the door.
    I think Clark could be a 150 game player at the right club.
    I could also see Constable slotting into a HBF role.

They should both be able to find other homes.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think Clark could be a 150 game player at the right club.
    I could also see Constable slotting into a HBF role.

They should both be able to find other homes.
    He's a good runner, can see him going somewhere and performing like Ed Langdon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post

I listened to the broadcast, it was far more subtle and nuanced than people telling them to leave

Fort looked good, really good. I'd be comfortable welcoming him back.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers