Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  33

View Poll Results: Can we win the flag this year (why not us?)

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 50.00%
  • No

21 50.00%

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Can we win the flag this year?

It's 1ED's annual (first time this has ever happened), poll and discussion about our chances in the 2020 AFL finals.

I put it to you that it has never been a more difficult (or easy), season to win a flag from 6-8 spot than it will be this year.

Difficult because of the emotional and mental upheaval of a long-term relocation, not playing in front of fans, not seeing family etc. and this is the case for all Victorian teams. But also easy because Brisbane are the only team that might have an advantage in the GF but they are not unbeatable. If we get a Collingwood or St. Kilda for our first final that's a very winnable game. Things can happen, the exuberance of youth, things might snowball...

I've never been shy to go early and stay late so I put it to you, fellow WOOFERs, Brothers in arms, Sons of the Scray, can we win the Grand Final this year? If not, why? What are we lacking? Players, experience? Something else? Who can beat us at our best?

What's a pass mark for season 2020?

Lots of questions...
    Last edited by 1eyedog; 15-09-2020 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Bad Gramma
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

2. Thanks merantau thanked for this post