Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  33

View Poll Results: Can we win the flag this year (why not us?)

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 50.00%
  • No

21 50.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can we win the flag this year?

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Our record against top 8 sides is shocking but we could get a mighty easy run against St Kilda, West Coast in QLD, Brisbane and Port in QLD

Send us to Perth or Adelaide, or against Richmond or Geelong, and I think we're done
    St Kilda, Brisbane, Port > GF

Brisbane & Port finished top 2 but are both underdogs in the betting in the first week of finals, their ladder positions are inflated by having home ground advantages when others haven't
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

2. Likes merantau, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you think you can - you can: if you think you can't - you can't. Go in with the right mind set and anything is possible. We all know what happened in 2016.
    Things have fallen our way with Port winning. Even if Naughton doesn't come up for the St Kilda game, I'm not concerned. I am 100% confident we will beat them.
    After that - who knows? In our two most recent matches against teams above us we won against WC and led for 95% of the game against Geelong.
    One issue that has haunted us this year if that, more often than not, at crucial points - we have failed to take our moments!! Psychologically, this has a very negative impact on the team. Turn that around and performance lifts all round. The added pressure to execute (in order to compensate for previous failures) is lifted and ... voila!! The ball is kicked over the umpires head, the mark is clunked, the half volley is picked up clean as a whistle, the pass to a team mate free inside 50 hits him lace out!
    It's all about belief and being able to execute. I can't think of too many games when we have kicked straight. Get that right and we can do anything! A convincing performance against St Kilda will stir the pot just beautifully. BELIEVE Bulldogs supporters. Anything is possible!

http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

4. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

2019 when we were humming at the end of the season, the break came at the wrong time.

2020 has some 2016 vibes, as the week off will allow Naughts and Wally to heal in time, Baz gets a well needed spell, Libba can rest and get ready to unload etc

It ain’t over!
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

6. Likes 1eyedog, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The footy gods couldn’t have lined us up better IMO - likely we’d all have picked saints or pies as an elimination opponent and honestly I’d prefer the saints.

No more travel - let alone 7 day quarantine as well.

Ideal run for mine:

saints: 2 weeks to repair and prepare, they won’t get the jump on us again
    Lions: no Harris Andrews, Naughton takes 12 contested marks. 6 goals.
    Port: need to be on our best, very winnable
    Tigers: control the source, immense pressure on cotchin at the stoppages

Caleb Daniel norm smith winner.

One week at a time.

8. Likes N/A, Twodogs, merantau, CarnTheScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The break before finals did wonders for us in 2016. Last year it halted our momentum. This year it could do the same. I hope not. I’m confident that if we’re locked in we will beat the saints. We just need concentration and defensive pressure and we’ll be fine. Beat them and I’d be confident of beating the Lions.

However after that it gets tricky. A prelim against Port/Cats wouldn’t be easy. I think we’re capable of winning the flag this year but I don’t think we will.

10. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm very confident heading into week one but I'm not one to get ahead of myself. Nervous optimism tells me why not we have the cattle I believe but still see Richmond as one of the most even teams across the ground I have ever seen. I think we can get to the dance just not sure we can stop the tigers hip hop dance moves.
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

If we can beat the Saints we may get our tail up and on a roll. We've simply got to extend the length of time we play at our best. If we can do this we can beat anyone.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.