Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Doug Hawkins reveals fallout from strained relationship with Bulldogs president Peter Gordon

This article is a piece of collected quotes from Doug's interview on the latest episode of the Herald Sun's podcast 'Sacked'.

I loved Dougie growing up, and he probably was treated unkindly in the manner of his exit at the end of 94, but I get the impression Dougie also loves to feel hard done by.
    I also accept he might not be doing too well cash wise these days, given he's now spinning stop-go signs for the roads department. It's therefore understandable he might be trying to be controversial to try and earn some extra coin on what is a podcast all about that kind of stuff.
    I just wish he'd bloody stop talking about himself in the 3rd person when he does these sorts of things. He comes across as very self-centred and full of himself.

2. Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Doug Hawkins reveals fallout from strained relationship with Bulldogs president Peter Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I also accept he might not be doing too well cash wise these days, given he's now spinning stop-go signs for the roads department.
    Have you heard what some of those guys earn? I don't reckon he would be doing too bad. Plus I keep seeing him on TV flogging doors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Have you heard what some of those guys earn? I don't reckon he would be doing too bad. Plus I keep seeing him on TV flogging doors.
    I heard $75 per hour?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    This article is a piece of collected quotes from Doug's interview on the latest episode of the Herald Sun's podcast 'Sacked'.

I loved Dougie growing up, and he probably was treated unkindly in the manner of his exit at the end of 94, but I get the impression Dougie also loves to feel hard done by.
    I also accept he might not doing too well cash wise these days,be given he's now spinning stop-go signs for the roads department. It's therefore understandable he might be trying to be controversial to try and earn some extra coin on what is a podcast all about that kind of stuff.
    I just wish he'd bloody stop talking about himself in the 3rd person when he does these sorts of things. He comes across as very self-centred and full of himself.
    A female friend of my wife stopped working at a solicitor's office due to pressure and took up spinning stop signs. Her wage with overtime just over $100,000. Doug should be able to live on that.

6. Likes bornadog, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    A female friend of my wife stopped working at a solicitor's office due to pressure and took up spinning stop signs. Her wage with overtime just over $100,000. Doug should be able to live on that.
    Ridiculous salary when you think of our teachers and services people like Nursing, Police, Firey etc

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Likes Scraggers, jazzadogs, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Ridiculous salary when you think of our teachers and services people like Nursing, Police, Firey etc
    Agree entirely. There you have workers on the wharves being handsomely paid. Depends who you know and keep it in the family. Not sure if it is still like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Firefighters are doing fine.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Firefighters are doing fine.
    You deserve every dollar EW.

12. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the solution is just pay teachers and nurses what they deserve then, rather than dragging down people with a properly paid job. Solidarity comrades

14. Likes Twodogs, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I think the solution is just pay teachers and nurses what they deserve then, rather than dragging down people with a properly paid job. Solidarity comrades
    Agree