Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Doug Hawkins reveals fallout from strained relationship with Bulldogs president Peter Gordon

This article is a piece of collected quotes from Doug's interview on the latest episode of the Herald Sun's podcast 'Sacked'.

I loved Dougie growing up, and he probably was treated unkindly in the manner of his exit at the end of 94, but I get the impression Dougie also loves to feel hard done by.
    I also accept he might not be doing too well cash wise these days, given he's now spinning stop-go signs for the roads department. It's therefore understandable he might be trying to be controversial to try and earn some extra coin on what is a podcast all about that kind of stuff.
    I just wish he'd bloody stop talking about himself in the 3rd person when he does these sorts of things. He comes across as very self-centred and full of himself.

2. Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Doug Hawkins reveals fallout from strained relationship with Bulldogs president Peter Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I also accept he might not be doing too well cash wise these days, given he's now spinning stop-go signs for the roads department.
    Have you heard what some of those guys earn? I don't reckon he would be doing too bad. Plus I keep seeing him on TV flogging doors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Have you heard what some of those guys earn? I don't reckon he would be doing too bad. Plus I keep seeing him on TV flogging doors.
    I heard $75 per hour?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    This article is a piece of collected quotes from Doug's interview on the latest episode of the Herald Sun's podcast 'Sacked'.

I loved Dougie growing up, and he probably was treated unkindly in the manner of his exit at the end of 94, but I get the impression Dougie also loves to feel hard done by.
    I also accept he might not doing too well cash wise these days,be given he's now spinning stop-go signs for the roads department. It's therefore understandable he might be trying to be controversial to try and earn some extra coin on what is a podcast all about that kind of stuff.
    I just wish he'd bloody stop talking about himself in the 3rd person when he does these sorts of things. He comes across as very self-centred and full of himself.
    A female friend of my wife stopped working at a solicitor's office due to pressure and took up spinning stop signs. Her wage with overtime just over $100,000. Doug should be able to live on that.

6. Likes bornadog, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A gap between the club and Doug Hawkins does not sit well with me.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

He's actually got a decent football brain. His time playing the clown on the early series' of the Footy Show really hurt the public perception of him

He's certainly not your arrogant past footy star who thinks he's above people. Very approachable, friendly guy in my experience.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

9. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    All this new material TD!

Honestly though, I don't think anyone's had the guts to ask you how she feels about it? I guess we've just assumed we know...…..
    Loves it. Specially since Tom came into the team.

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I heard $75 per hour?

That's with a lot of overtime and not just spinning the sign. It's digging holes and avoiding idiots who don't pay attention to 40kmh zones. My dad did line marking on the roads of Footscray for nearly 30 years. It's his horrific memories that make me slow down when I see the roadworks sign no matter who s sitting on my tail or how close they are.

Those workers earn every cent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    He's actually got a decent football brain. His time playing the clown on the early series' of the Footy Show really hurt the public perception of him

He's certainly not your arrogant past footy star who thinks he's above people. Very approachable, friendly guy in my experience.
    Came to my uncle's 80th birthday. Not sure if it was a paid appearance or not but they got their money's worth it it was. Doug stayed for hours and didn't just mumble a few platitudes and make for the entrance. He'd done his homework on my uncle and spoke as if he'd known him for years. Which might actually be the truth.

Point is Doug is a pretty good bloke.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

11. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    A female friend of my wife stopped working at a solicitor's office due to pressure and took up spinning stop signs. Her wage with overtime just over $100,000. Doug should be able to live on that.
    Ridiculous salary when you think of our teachers and services people like Nursing, Police, Firey etc
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes Scraggers, jazzadogs, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ridiculous salary when you think of our teachers and services people like Nursing, Police, Firey etc
    Agree entirely. There you have workers on the wharves being handsomely paid. Depends who you know and keep it in the family. Not sure if it is still like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Doug = Bulldog Legend.

Being born in the late 80s I didn’t see him play but from what our supporters and general football people say he was an excellent player.

Also Doug seems to be a down to earth guy someone you can chat with having a beer in the pub.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Doug = Bulldog Legend.

Being born in the late 80s I didn’t see him play but from what our supporters and general football people say he was an excellent player.

Also Doug seems to be a down to earth guy someone you can chat with having a beer in the pub.

Are you over 30 Easty?

Post Thanks / Like

Firefighters are doing fine.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Firefighters are doing fine.
    You deserve every dollar EW.

19. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Are you over 30 Easty?
    Yep 31 currently turning 32 next March. Born in 1989.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

21. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Does something come up with Hawk every few years?
    Yeah it seems that way.

I love Doug, he was a great footballer and footscray person, but this article just seems a little premeditated to me. Why bring this up in a public forum. Sad

23. Likes Max469 liked this post