Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  23
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The nostalgia series - four years ago today, our final against the Hawks

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    What a great night. The walk to the ‘G from Fed Square (after some inspiring speeches by Gordon and others), our tribe singing sons of the west & cheering all the way. It was a surreal feeling-I was surprised how many dogs fans there were.

Echoing Twodogs - I also highly recommend Tragicians book The Mighty West. A great read for all true blue RWB supporters. (My hubby and I still refer to Bailey Dale as Daley Bale-sorry if our memories are slightly awry).
    You know walk to the G was the idea of SOS right here on WOOF. He started the campaign and it just grew
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes merantau, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Trag might have her own preferred seller, but if you liked the writing of the blog you should get the book!!

https://www.booktopia.com.au/the-mig...863959254.html
    Don't worry. I have my copy and it's been well read. Love it.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    You think about all the burps he's probably done over the journey, truly momentous. But if there's anything that'll do it it's a kransky washed down with something fizzy.

For a moment you'd have felt like the guy who used to let a long scream in the outer at Waverley Park and get a clap for it.
    I still remember it so it must've been pretty impressive. Matthew Croft bought a kransky just after me too, unsure if he had similar results.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

My memories of the Hawthorn game are waking up early in Dingle, Ireland and putting on my bulldogs jumper. We (partner, mum, stepdad) drove up towards Galway, stopping at the Cliffs of Moher where we went for a walk from one end to the other. We then continued north to Galway, and as soon as we arrived at our accommodation I got out the iPad and clicked on the AFL Global Pass. After 15 minutes the mood was not good, and everyone had left because they didn't want to have to deal with me in a foul mood.

I remember my mum cautiously walking back in, not having checked the scores, and the relief when she saw I was in a good mood ('relief' did not describe her when I abandoned the family holiday two weeks later to fly back for the granny). The pubs of Galway had to deal with an idiot in a bulldogs jumper for the night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I burped on the Albert Park tram once during GP week and people walking on the street heard it over the F1 cars.
    Of course you did!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

7. Likes Twodogs, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    I still remember it so it must've been pretty impressive. Matthew Croft bought a kransky just after me too, unsure if he had similar results.
    Apparently he burped so hard he travelled into the future. Nobody there understands how someone who was documented in the anals as being so unbelievably slow could generate enough speed to travel forward in time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    My memories of the Hawthorn game are waking up early in Dingle, Ireland and putting on my bulldogs jumper. We (partner, mum, stepdad) drove up towards Galway, stopping at the Cliffs of Moher where we went for a walk from one end to the other. We then continued north to Galway, and as soon as we arrived at our accommodation I got out the iPad and clicked on the AFL Global Pass. After 15 minutes the mood was not good, and everyone had left because they didn't want to have to deal with me in a foul mood.

I remember my mum cautiously walking back in, not having checked the scores, and the relief when she saw I was in a good mood ('relief' did not describe her when I abandoned the family holiday two weeks later to fly back for the granny). The pubs of Galway had to deal with an idiot in a bulldogs jumper for the night.
    Legendary.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Apparently he burped so hard he travelled into the future. Nobody there understands how someone who was documented in the anals as being so unbelievably slow could generate enough speed to travel forward in time.
    I really hope you mean annals.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

11. Likes WBFC4FFC, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    I really hope you mean annals.
    Bart Simpson - I know what I said......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    You know walk to the G was the idea of SOS right here on WOOF. He started the campaign and it just grew
    Dim memory.... onya SOS!! It was really well run & thoroughly enjoyable.

Post Thanks / Like

Bont's mark against Luke Hodge - the exact moment in time when the baton was passed to a new generation of stars.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Bont's mark against Luke Hodge - the exact moment in time when the baton was passed to a new generation of stars.
    That was nice, but my favourite was the intercept and kick to Dickson at the start of the 4th to seal the game.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

This game was when I really started to believe. Ok the defeat of the eagles was impressive. But was it just us having a great day? This night, we were coming up against a top four fellow Victorian team. The reigning three time champs at that. Historically, finals games against victorian heavyweights hasn't been our forte. At least not after the elimination round. When the hawks kicked away I thought that was it. We got one step further than last year but it's still too early. Then the comeback came and it was a bit hard to believe. During that last quarter I couldn't stop thinking about the fact we were in another prelim. There was dread there no question. But also that horrible feeling us bulldogs supporters have - hope. We were coming up against the new kids on the block. We weren't scared of them. I thought this could be our best opportunity of making the big dance but at the same time, after our 8 consecutive prelim losses, I didn't want to dare to dream. I certainly enjoyed the win over the hawks. It created belief. But I was quite hung up on the week to come.

Post Thanks / Like

Pickens second goal and running double fist pump roar celebration - plus his third the dribble along the ground to extinguish all hope for the hawks

Post Thanks / Like

Went to this game and sat right on the fence (which I never do) along with extended family. I remember when the Hawks banner went up before the game, it was so slick and professional-looking, printed on vinyl or something and it just seemed to symbolise that here was a club, a wealthy club, that was well-established and accustomed to winning, whereas we were a bit rough round the edges and definitely the underdog...
    After that it's all a blur until walking back through Fitzroy Gardens, bellowing the song at the top of my voice, to the huge embarrassment of my young daughter. And then I left my Bulldogs duffel coat in the taxi. Still annoyed about that.