Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sacked: Doug Hawkins opens up on his sacking from the Dogs, joining the Lions, injuries and his greatest footba

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Yeah I recall seeing Doug on that day. It was just an amazing day overall.

I took the train in from the eastern suburbs and the train had a lot of happy Bulldogs supporters. At Flinders Street station I remember the announcer saying for the Whitten Oval take the next train

On my way back home I took a bus from West Footscray due to the Sunbury train line being out of action because of a tree branch I believe that fell on the tracks - it was a sunny day but very windy and the bus I got went to North Melbourne Station then I got the train to Spencer or Flinders cant remember to get my train home.
    Not a tree branch! What's anyone going to be able to do about one of those? I'm surprised that it's still not there.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sacked: Doug Hawkins opens up on his sacking from the Dogs, joining the Lions, injuries and his greatest footba

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Not a tree branch! What's anyone going to be able to do about one of those? I'm surprised that it's still not there.
    Yeah not sure exactly what it was but something was obstructing the train tracks in a particularly section of the line.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Yeah not sure exactly what it was but something was obstructing the train tracks in a particularly section of the line.
    Must have been a bloody big branch.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    It was supposed to be the summer of Hawk!....
    What about the episode where Elaine agreed to go on a date with Jimmy, because he spoke about himself in the third-person? Classic ending with Mal Torme serenading Kramer, due to his perceived disability.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WBFC4FFC View Post
    What about the episode where Elaine agreed to go on a date with Jimmy, because he spoke about himself in the third-person? Classic ending with Mal Torme serenading Kramer, due to his perceived disability.
    This one?

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    This one?

Michael Richards was amazing in that scene. That episode is "The Jimmy".

7. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Michael Richards was amazing in that scene. That episode is "The Jimmy".
    To this day I regard the Velvet Fog as the ultimate pro. How you could possibly not laugh at Kramer in that scene is beyond me.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    This one?

Hilarious. I still watch an episode of Seinfeld here and there. Still laugh out loud too. Love it