Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  83
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Always Right Match Committee - Round 1 of the finals vs Eagles or Saints

Our quest towards another flag continues so welcome to the Always Right Match Committee Thread Finals addition.
    The Match Committee threads has been named after long time WOOF member Always Right who tragically passed away in March 2018.

If you were on the Western Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make after our next match in an elimination final against either West Coast or St Kilda?

For those new to these threads, please give a brief explanation for your changes ... this would add a lot of value to the discussion.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 1 of the finals vs Eagles or Saints

No change fingers crossed. If Wallis and Naughton are out then I guess Schache and Lloyd but maybe we play two short for the clout.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    No change fingers crossed. If Wallis and Naughton are out then I guess Schache and Lloyd but maybe we play two short for the clout.
    Baring injury, same for me, no change
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Not Lloyd. I’d play Schache and Cavarra if Naughty and Wally are out. Pray that’s not the case.

5. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well a lot will depend on the health of Naughts and Wallis.

If it’s the eagles then we want to go in like tonight. It worked well against them two weeks ago.

If it’s the saints, I’d be concerned about the ruck. Ryder and Marshall will manhandle English. Obviously we shouldn’t bring Sweet in, but if Naughts isn’t available, does Schache come in to play forward and play ruck relief?

Post Thanks / Like

Fingers crossed no changes. If Naughton and Wallis don't get up then I guess Schache and Cavarra in.

8. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If Naughton is out, play Cordy forward. Needs to be far away from our defensive 50.

If Wally is out, I'd bring Dale or Schache in.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    If Naughton is out, play Cordy forward. Needs to be far away from our defensive 50.

I agree. We just can’t have Cordy AND Gardner in that D50.
    Could Lew Young be plucked from Oblivion ?
    We need some pace in that fwd 50.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    I agree. We just can’t have Cordy AND Gardner in that D50.
    Could Lew Young be plucked from Oblivion ?
    We need some pace in that fwd 50.
    Plays the first game of the season for us and his next is the first game in the finals
    Bit of a long shot I suspect but who knows
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

12. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bevo also hinted that Wood and Bruce may not make the trip west if Pies win as their partners are heavily pregnant. Another reason to cheer on Port.

14. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post

No thanks to Dale in a final. He has some good attributes but I question his ability to impact in the white-hot intensity of finals.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

16. Likes bornadog, Happy Days, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    No thanks to Dale in a final. He has some good attributes but I question his ability to impact in the white-hot intensity of finals.
    Ditto

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Ditto
    Double ditto and no to Lloyd too. Want someone with tenacity. Prefer Cavarra over either of Dale or Lloyd. And triple no no no to Gowers. Don’t even think about it Bevo.

19. Likes Dry Rot, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Double ditto and no to Lloyd too. Want someone with tenacity. Prefer Cavarra over either of Dale or Lloyd. And triple no no no to Gowers. Don’t even think about it Bevo.
    Wally and Naughton will play, however, Wood and Bruce may miss if we end up playing West Coast in Perth as both wives are about to have a baby.

Post Thanks / Like

Richards should be nervous. He's just not doing enough.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket