Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  83
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 1 of the finals vs Eagles or Saints

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Oh man, I had buried that one. Game defining moment.
    09 was worse and more mentally damaging, but that moment in particular shit me for a long time.
    Nah it was great stuff! All the commentators agreed that it was awesome because Geelong.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

How was the free kick against Shaggy for the Saints first goal in 09? Unbelievable, and a massive harbinger to what was a completely shitful evening.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    That’s my recollection too. Our lack of running back to defend was deplorable. As was our goal kicking in first quarter when we had chance to possibly seal the game.
    I watched the highlights. There were so many out the back goals it was not funny. Our press was way too high it would have been physically impossible for any of our defenders to get back and defend the turnover or fast ball movement.

The good news is we are far better organised down there now with Wood back and Keath having played a full season inside our system.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Don't get my started on the most average of average players to win premierships, the one and only Max Rooke, and his hip and shoulder on Johnson in the 2008 preliminary final.

And before you get into me yes, Max Rooke was tough, but he was literally carried by that team.
    Oh thanks for raising that, that's great.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I'm still adamant Harbrow touched the ball on Riewoldt's last goal haha.
    Nothing controversial about it, he did. Add in the free to Riewoldt at the start of the third and the HTB on Hargrave that gifted their first goal and it's pretty safe to say we were jobbed out.

Of course, Gia, Bob and Lindsay Gilbee, the three best kicks and possibly best finishers in the side all missing goals in the last quarter didn't help. Think there's still a hole in my wardrobe at my parent's house from that game.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I'm still adamant Harbrow touched the ball on Riewoldt's last goal haha.
    I'm still adamant that Eagleton kicked a goal, that was punched back into play from behind the line for play on.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I watched the highlights. There were so many out the back goals it was not funny. Our press was way too high it would have been physically impossible for any of our defenders to get back and defend the turnover or fast ball movement.

The good news is we are far better organised down there now with Wood back and Keath having played a full season inside our system.
    Add to that, in round 2 the saints’ gameplan was unknown. The way we setup played right into their hands so it was a double edged sword in round 2. We now know exactly how they like to play.

If Bevo and the coaches don’t spend 2.5hrs watching Geelong vs Saints from this year and how Chris Scott perfectly coached his side against the saints, then I’d be unhappy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Nothing controversial about it, he did. Add in the free to Riewoldt at the start of the third and the HTB on Hargrave that gifted their first goal and it's pretty safe to say we were jobbed out.

Of course, Gia, Bob and Lindsay Gilbee, the three best kicks and possibly best finishers in the side all missing goals in the last quarter didn't help. Think there's still a hole in my wardrobe at my parent's house from that game.
    But we got revenge soon after.....Right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post

I am sorry but I still can't get over the deliberate OOB against Aker. He kicked the bloody ball 50 metres down the line and it went out.

The result from that free was a goal to Saints, as they passed the ball across the ground and then straight into the forward line for a goal. May have even been the one Harbrow touched.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    But we got revenge soon after.....Right?

Nope, doesn't count

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I am sorry but I still can't get over the deliberate OOB against Aker. He kicked the bloody ball 50 metres down the line and it went out.

The result from that free was a goal to Saints, as they passed the ball across the ground and then straight into the forward line for a goal. May have even been the one Harbrow touched.
    Didn't Minson hit the post somewhere in there too. Critical time. Would have put us within a kick. Maybe that was against the Cats.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Didn't Minson hit the post somewhere in there too. Critical time. Would have put us within a kick. Maybe that was against the Cats.
    can't remember that one. We kicked 1.4 in the last to their 2 goals

A painful picture

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Wallis and Naughton will be available and Vandermeer and Suckling are a test, so we have some tough decisions to make for the Saints match.

I would still go with no change at this stage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Looks like Wallis and Naughton will be available and Vandermeer and Suckling are a test, so we have some tough decisions to make for the Saints match.

I would still go with no change at this stage.
    Going to be an interesting selection.

I love VDM and suspect Bevo and the MC do too, but it's a massive risk to take on a player who plays at pace coming off a hamstring.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Going to be an interesting selection.

I love VDM and suspect Bevo and the MC do too, but it's a massive risk to take on a player who plays at pace coming off a hamstring.
    Dutch is going to be a very good player for us, and could come in and do a job. We look more dynamic with him trying to run and carry through the lines. At his age, experience and with a recent hammy issue, there is no way I am bringing him in for a final though.