Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  83
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 1 of the finals vs Eagles or Saints

One player we need to keep a leash on is Billings. His last 3 outings against us has netted an avge of 25 disposals, 5 marks and 2 goals.
    Yes, he’s a good player, but we’ve made him look like an absolute superstar, and we can’t allow him off the leash.
    So who goes to him ?
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    One player we need to keep a leash on is Billings. His last 3 outings against us has netted an avge of 25 disposals, 5 marks and 2 goals.
    Yes, he’s a good player, but we’ve made him look like an absolute superstar, and we can’t allow him off the leash.
    So who goes to him ?
    Would have been a good job for Toby

Maybe Roarke Smith can follow him around as a defensive winger?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Would have been a good job for Toby

Maybe Roarke Smith can follow him around as a defensive winger?
    I’ve been that train since McLean went down.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Maybe you're right I blocked much of it out and didn't rewatch any of it. What I do remember was how well they moved the ball and scored and how static we were.

We were easy pickings for them.
    I never rewatch when we lose. Just can't do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    id almost feel bad for doing that, but yes, that’s the only change I’d make, VDM for Roake
    Roarke did play well. I wonder if the MC would prefer VDM to Richards?

Post Thanks / Like

id almost feel bad for doing that, but yes, that’s the only change I’d make, VDM for Roake
    Double post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I never rewatch when we lose. Just can't do it.
    It is difficult. I rewatched the 2008 Prelim against Geelong yesterday. Man we were in that up to our eyeballs there were some dodgy umpiring decisions and just some absolute tin-arsed Geelong play that was the difference.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    It is difficult. I rewatched the 2008 Prelim against Geelong yesterday. Man we were in that up to our eyeballs there were some dodgy umpiring decisions and just some absolute tin-arsed Geelong play that was the difference.
    Yeah I remember that game. I love rewatching the games we win.

9. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Luke Beveridge has confirmed that Aaron Naughton will play against the Saints in the elimination final.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Thanks bulldogsthru&thru, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Luke Beveridge has confirmed that Aaron Naughton will play against the Saints in the elimination final.
    No mention of Wally?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    No mention of Wally?
    In his press conference after the game, he said Wally would play.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Daniel encourages helmet use as Bulldogs consider options for injured Naughton

Western Bulldogs playmaker Caleb Daniel would welcome key forward Aaron Naughton to the 'helmet club' if he sported headgear to protect his surgically repaired cheekbone next week.

The Bulldogs will face St Kilda in the elimination final at the Gabba next Saturday and Naughton is racing the clock to return after needing surgery to fix a depressed fracture of his cheekbone.

The Bulldogs are hopeful Naughton, who has kicked 14 goals this season, will be able to play and the helmet-wearing Daniel suggested the team were looking at ways to help support the injury including possibly using a helmet.

"I think they are trying to work that out but if he does he will be welcomed, that's for sure," Daniel said on Friday.

Daniel was joined by Marcus Bontempelli and Jack Macrae in the All-Australian side this week and it was the 24-year-old's first appearance after a season where his elite kicking skills have stood out.

"My vision sets me apart a little bit, I can see some targets up the field that other players can't," Daniel said.

"But I have to give full credit to the training staff and coaches as we are one of the only sides I've heard of that comes out from day one in pre-season using the footy.

"That really helps being able to train and hone your craft."

Macrae proudly welcomed his All-Australian selection but has his sights on leading the side's younger players into the elimination final.

"I don't know how many of us played in 2015 or 2016 [finals] but it would be less than half the side," Macrae said.

"That's my role; To help bring these young guys along and show them the way."

Off the field, Macrae's little brother Finlay is among the leading under-18 players in Victoria and has been trying to prepare for the draft while not playing games.

Macrae has been, from the club's Queensland hub, helping his brother prepare for interviews with AFL clubs.

"It's a challenging year for all the under-18 players trying to keep fit and mentally ready," Macrae said.

"Hopefully he can manage to play a bit of footy later in the year. It's very different. We have been talking all the time about things in training he can do to stay ready and keep improving too.

"He's handled it really well.

"He's similar to me. He's probably got a few of my good traits and managed to shed a few of my bad ones."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    No mention of Wally?
    https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...hYiJyVk86meflI

Both to play mate, looks like if we can fit VDM in if his good to go we should be strongest 22 we can field
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

16. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...hYiJyVk86meflI

Both to play mate, looks like if we can fit VDM in if his good to go we should be strongest 22 we can field
    Great news. How amazing we have a 20 yr old thats so important the future is bright. Don't think we've ever had a team with this much depth before. Plus, as far as I'm aware we also have the number 1 pick. Logan Mcdonald up there too but as good as.

Post Thanks / Like

Great news. Sounds like we’ll essentially be full strength. No excuses!