Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  80
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How good is Libba - I declare, he is an A grader

Libba, by far my favorite player, he just gets the job done in close.

I cannot wait to see what he brings in the finals series
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

His was an amazing game tonight. The smoke comes out of the chimney but the power is generated in the engine room.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Tough as nails, Libba is a contested ball beast with 15 from his 25 disposals, 7 clearances, 6 inside 50s, 8 tackles and never stops trying.

This bloke is an A grader, no doubt
    Good to see last nights game changed your mind
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Watched the game with my daughters boyfriend yesterday who is a essendon supporter, the poor bloke is 20 and hasn't seen essendon win a final or be any good for that matter. However he was barracking for the dogs yesterday with me through force of you want to see my daughter these are the rules, but I digress. Anyway early in the game he makes the comment "Libba frustrates me, he always makes mistakes!" I didn't kick him out of my house because I'm smart too you see, I'll let Libba show him himself. After a quick Liberatore lesson, by the last quarter he was cheering Libba and saying he's a gun. Case dismissed your honour!
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Watched the game with my daughters boyfriend yesterday who is a essendon supporter, the poor bloke is 20 and hasn't seen essendon win a final or be any good for that matter. However he was barracking for the dogs yesterday with me through force of you want to see my daughter these are the rules, but I digress. Anyway early in the game he makes the comment "Libba frustrates me, he always makes mistakes!" I didn't kick him out of my house because I'm smart too you see, I'll let Libba show him himself. After a quick Liberatore lesson, by the last quarter he was cheering Libba and saying he's a gun. Case dismissed your honour!
    That does put it into some perspective. By the time I was 20 I think I'd seen 2? 1985 semi v North and 1992 v Saints at Waverley. And we had some dire times back then.

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, you wouldn't want the ball in anyone else's hands be it in close or wide open in space. His footy nous combined with his toughness and skill is a very rare combination. Blessed to be able to see him do his thing.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

7. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That ball he kicked into the middle to open up the field was the perfect example of his often overlooked class. The poise, vision and execution required to identify and pull that off was certainly a-grade

Post Thanks / Like

That kick from the far wing into the centre square (I forget to who) was just sublime. That was one of the best kicks I have ever seen in a game of football. What amazing vision he has. He’s gone up a notch no doubt. Out and out gun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    That ball he kicked into the middle to open up the field was the perfect example of his often overlooked class. The poise, vision and execution required to identify and pull that off was certainly a-grade
    Jinx!

11. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In a team that hasn't got many players that really embody what we love and recognise as our Club at its best, he is a beacon. We had a few of these characters leave us recently (Smith, Picken, Morris) and Libba has been in the wilderness a bit through injury and perhaps a bit of personal reflection with life changes.

He is dogged, but to emphasise that alone ignore his class. He is combative, but to emphasise that alone ignore his discipline. He is eccentric but to emphasise that ignores his leadership.

We definitely walk taller with him in the side, he can be like a little bit of sand in our shoe that irritates and drives us to take some action and get things on our terms. A man made for the cut and thrust of finals footy.

Its been a joy watching him re-emerge as a gun footballer.

13. Likes ratsmac, Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    He is a really good kick.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Elite left foot - it's often overlooked he won the kicking test at draft camp in his draft year.

He still runs like Bill Shorten though.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

16. Likes azabob, ratsmac, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Elite left foot - it's often overlooked he won the kicking test at draft camp in his draft year.

He still runs like Bill Shorten though.
    Last week we had 12 left footers in the team. Must have had at least 11 yesterday with Suckling out.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

A great stat

Players to have 40 pressure acts and 12 score involvements in AFL history:

TOM LIBERATORE
    Kieren Jack
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to give him all the votes in the game last night.

He was just incredible. Contested everything, got hands into everything, used the ball smartly.