Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  80
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How good is Libba - I declare, he is an A grader

Libba jnr is a star. As Sedat posted we haven't lost a final with him in the side. Speaks volumes.

Post Thanks / Like

Liiiiiibbbbbaaaaa! Just love saying his name. Love him even more as a player.

I remember Jordan Lewis saying earlier this year that Libba is the best player in the phone box he has come up against.

Post Thanks / Like

Libba junior is like his father, in that he is the barometer of the team's performance. If Libba (junior or senior) is playing well he drags the rest of the team along with him. So hard at the coal face, it must be very intimidating to get in the phone box with him.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

The only time Libba hasn't been an A Grader since 2011 has been when he's injured and in 2017 when he took an unscheduled mental gap year. You could throw in a few weeks late in season 2012 when he took an unfortunate detour down King St at 4am on a Sunday morning, but even that was perversely impressive as he still got to training on time a few short hours later.

He is a star and still the 2nd best player on our list. His skill, vision, decision making and footy IQ are off the charts, and yet the media still think of him as little more than an in-and-under mid. He is that and so much more.

In 45 years of watching footy, I can only think of Greg Williams and maybe Sam Mitchell who have better vision and cleaner hands than Libba in traffic. That's pretty good company and well deserved.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

5. Likes bornadog, N/A, westbulldog, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Been my favourite for many years now his 2 knee injuries aside. He is the very fabric of the Bulldogs getting dirty when it's his turn then oozing class with space. He is never a dirty player but always first in when required the players must truely love having him back to his very best.
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Libba is the most 'finals-built' player we have.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I hereby apologise for thinking that he was cooked and that his body was not capable of executing at the level we saw from him in 2016.

I had honestly thought that it had passed him, but he has seriously proved me wrong.

I love how little attention is paid to him by all the media, the other week against the demons, Gary Lyon compared players off against each other and he rated libba as our worst mid. lolz not even i am that stupid.

Anyway, the guy is a gun, and i promise to apply the blowtorch of logic in my future thinking around our football family royalty.

9. Likes WBFC4FFC, strebla, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    The only time Libba hasn't been an A Grader since 2011 has been when he's injured and in 2017 when he took an unscheduled mental gap year. You could throw in a few weeks late in season 2012 when he took an unfortunate detour down King St at 4am on a Sunday morning, but even that was perversely impressive as he still got to training on time a few short hours later.

He is a star and still the 2nd best player on our list. His skill, vision, decision making and footy IQ are off the charts, and yet the media still think of him as little more than an in-and-under mid. He is that and so much more.

In 45 years of watching footy, I can only think of Greg Williams and maybe Sam Mitchell who have better vision and cleaner hands than Libba in traffic. That's pretty good company and well deserved.
    In 2017 he did have a few shockers, but also played some very good games picking up, 28, 29 disposals in a few games. He was almost buried under ground by that mongrel Mumford early in the year which also didn't help him, but overall wasn't his best year.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I am constantly in awe of the stupidity of some media scribes, but nobody holds a candle to Matty Lloyd a couple of years ago saying that Essendon should not bother chasing Libba as he wouldn't be good enough to get a game in their pissy little midget midfield.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

I am constantly in awe of the stupidity of some media scribes, but nobody holds a candle to Matty Lloyd a couple of years ago saying that Essendon should not bother chasing Libba as he wouldn't be good enough to get a game in their pissy little midget midfield.
    Matty Lloyd - doyen of knowledge.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Libba interview here

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How does he get paid to analyse football? On what planet is his opinion about the game anything but laughable? He's as derisive a figure as Gaddy Lyon.

"Not good enough to get a game in Essendon's midfield"? Really? Tell me more Lloydo. Just how did you arrive at that conclusion oh genius?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Libba is our best player.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the shorter game time/turnaround between games has helped Libba body-wise this year? I thought he was unfortunately cooked and his best may have been behind him, but his 2020 has been absolutely sensational.

18. Likes hujsh, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RCWB View Post
    I wonder if the shorter game time/turnaround between games has helped Libba body-wise this year? I thought he was unfortunately cooked and his best may have been behind him, but his 2020 has been absolutely sensational.
    Good point on the shorter quarters. I guess he may have had to miss games if it wasn't for that.