Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
I think they're both in decline, if not cooked. The fact they're contracted until 2021 and 2022 respectively (on good money) makes me happy.

The obvious position and players we've chased - Matthew Lobbe and Stef Martin. We now have English (and Bruce, Dunkley, etc) playing ruck right now. English looks quite unique, but we did spend a first rounder on a ruck which is a little different + a few years of development.
I was (still am) against spending a first rounder on the average lumbering type ruckman as a young player because you typically have to wait until they are in their mid 20s until they start to play good footy. Tim is not your typical ruckman you have to wait for a return on though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
I would have hoped yes - Martin to English is a nice transition age-wise.
Timmy looks pretty capable up forward right now as a ruck/forward.
It would have been a bit like the Wynd/Darcy dynamic back in the late '90s (god, was it really 20 years ago?)

But Tim seems like the type of ruckman who relishes being the only ruckman in the team. When Dempsey left, Hampshire who had been on the list and in and out of the team for years really relished getting the game time and being the solo ruckman. It did his development no end of good. Tim is the same and we are starting to reap the rewards with him developing so much quicker than other ruckmen.