Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scratch Match

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Scratch Match

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    https://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/...es-strong-form

Some highlights of us getting dunked on here. Find it pretty hilarious and petty that the Cats make their seconds play in VFL jumpers.
    All we get are some snaps of players:

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The club must have left the video camera in Melbourne.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    The club must have left the video camera in Melbourne.
    I noticed they are advertising for a new video production person.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Billy Dangerfield popping up again is very worrying considering who's under a cloud.
    Quietly hoping we're gilding the prodigious lily to give Billy his best chance of finding a new home at season's end.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    All we get are some snaps of players:
    Don't forget this portrait of raw power.

BORDERLINE FLYING

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In that clip, Geelong's Narkle looked pretty handy...
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

"All we get are some snaps of players: ....."

Scratch Match video found on Cats site under Latest then Videos tab ...

https://www.geelongcats.com.au/video/817704/scratch-match-highlights-v-dogs?videoId=817704&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=160074 8433001

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twice Bitten View Post
    "All we get are some snaps of players: ....."

Scratch Match video found on Cats site under Latest then Videos tab ...

https://www.geelongcats.com.au/video/817704/scratch-match-highlights-v-dogs?videoId=817704&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=160074 8433001

Thanks for posting the link

I know this would have been edited in the Cats favour but gee we missed sticking some tackles and at times we appeared flat footed
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

The BOM Gowers getting written up as having dominant midfield displays terrifies me.

He is still at an age where he could conceivably put it all together and become an AFL player (is he significantly worse than Jong, who also has a burst of speed and questionable decision-making?). But I would not have faith in that happening in a final.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    The BOM Gowers getting written up as having dominant midfield displays terrifies me.

He is still at an age where he could conceivably put it all together and become an AFL player (is he significantly worse than Jong, who also has a burst of speed and questionable decision-making?). But I would not have faith in that happening in a final.
    IMO he is significantly worse than Jong. I like what Jong brings. Gowers reminds me of a rambunctious oversized puppy who lacks commonsense.

13. Likes EasternWest, WBFC4FFC, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    IMO he is significantly worse than Jong. I like what Jong brings. Gowers reminds me of a rambunctious oversized puppy who lacks commonsense.
    I don't like putting down our players. Gowers has a crack but I do totally understand what you are saying.

Took me three minutes to compose myself (and my wife) after reading your description, given the torrent of tears from laughing so much. Needless to say, I could not say it better myself!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post

Good to see Garcia among the best again. Considering he's a first year player and coming off an ACL he's doing really well.
    If Garcia makes it, what position will he be playing?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post

I think he is.

He shares a lot of the same attributes, and may even be better than Jong in quite a few, but Gowers has two key differences:

a) He plays dumb. Jong can be panicky and almost naïve with the ball, but he is usually doing the right thing and works well when he is swept up in the wave of runners our gamestyle produces. Gowers is neither of those things, but has a tendency to gravitate towards low percentage plays and try to do way too much. I guess the results are often similiar, but I feel like Jong in form is when he plays almost on instinct and works well with those around him while Gowers in form is more his low percentage moves are all coming off despite the odds.

b) Gowers is lazy. Jong works super hard, runs both ways, does the one percenters and knows where to be to get the ball or influence the contest. Gowers can work hard, but his defensive game is severely lacking, he is often undisciplined (flies for marks from behind, gives away frees for sloppy tackles etc.), he is over ambitious with his disposals (rarely handballs to better options and instead uses haphazard longish kicking a lot) and worst of all he has a tendency to make things super hard for himself with really bad positioning (playing from behind a lot).

Jong is frustrating because he is doing so much right and just lacks a little bit of polish, Gowers is frustrating because he is all chaos and struggles to do the simple and disciplined things he needs to build into his game.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

17. Likes The Bulldogs Bite, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Its interesting that Garcia, is often getting in the best off an ACL and Weightman(injured during) has been pretty quiet since getting dropped.

19. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post