Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  113
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Footy Finals (Weeks 1-3)

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    But he didn't actually make an impact on him BAD. Sedat is right, it was a douche move but in reality it's move along and the guy is just damaging his personal brand and not much else.
    Still a cowards act.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hard not to like and respect Ratten.

Honest guy, good coach.

4. Likes Sedat, jeemak, Max469, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Still a cowards act.
    A real coward would have actually made forceful impact. Lynch has graduated from coward to dickhead/ douche. Or not graduated, just merely started and stagnated at douche level.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

6. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A real coward would have actually made forceful impact. Lynch has graduated from coward to dickhead/ douche. Or not graduated, just merely started and stagnated at douche level.
    I wouldn't like 100kg sitting on my head - no hurry to get off and then a little knee as well to top it off.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

BAD, it doesn't actually hurt. Lynch is clearly supporting his weight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Hard not to like and respect Ratten.

Honest guy, good coach.
    Imagine if Carlton didn't have the likes of Kernahan shitting all over the place with his "this is how we did things in the 80's" mentality and Ratten was allowed to coach that group of players.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    That is not on the edge, that is a coward act.

What was wrong with the Cotchin tackle? It was late and high but is he not supposed to crash in and hurt Jones if he can? Would you prefer he gives him a gentle cuddle so he can get rid of the ball and go coast to coast like Jack Steele was allowed to do last week?
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

11. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think BAD was posting just for the Lynch incident.

Look, I wasn't a very good footballer relative to the likes of these guys and you know what, sometimes I was lazy etc. But, hurting opposition players fairly within the rules was something that I always thought was a priority. Tackle hard, bump hard, and grab the ball and run all over players hard. Do that better than your opposition and you're more likely to dominate them.

13. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Look, I wasn't a very good footballer relative to the likes of these guys and you know what, sometimes I was lazy etc. But, hurting opposition players fairly within the rules was something that I always thought was a priority. Tackle hard, bump hard, and grab the ball and run all over players hard. Do that better than your opposition and you're more likely to dominate them.
    Exactly. If you can crunch an opponent in a tackle or smash them in a marking contest, you do your best to hurt them. I don't think Clay Smith, Matty Boyd, Morris or Picko ever missed the chance to really hurt an opponent legally in contested situations.

The way Lynch attacked that marking contest in the 1st qtr set the tone for the night and knocked Paton into next week - Paton was a complete non-contributor thereafter. Ditto Zak Jones after the Cotchin tackle.

They are playing for keeps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Exactly. If you can crunch an opponent in a tackle or smash them in a marking contest, you do your best to hurt them. I don't think Clay Smith, Matty Boyd, Morris or Picko ever missed the chance to really hurt an opponent legally in contested situations.

The way Lynch attacked that marking contest in the 1st qtr set the tone for the night and knocked Paton into next week - Paton was a complete non-contributor thereafter. Ditto Zak Jones after the Cotchin tackle.

The Zac Jones incident is an anomaly because he is literally the toughest person in the world.

16. Likes Sedat, The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Seems like a prize flog and imo overrated.
    Lynch is a flog, but not overrated. He makes Richmond so much better. He actually adds a physical presence and can play.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    We would’ve beaten Richmond tonight.
    In what universe? Tigers would’ve been 5 goals up at quarter time and game over.

Their pressure in the first would’ve turned us to water.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

19. Likes DOG GOD, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

Spoken like a true backman.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

21. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think BAD was posting just for the Lynch incident.

Nothing wrong with tackling hard (except sling), bump hard etc, all part of the game. But doing stupid things like Lynch did is not a good look.

To me, a coward's act is hitting from behind, or attacking someone who is lying on their back with no chance to defend. You want to do something like that, let the bloke up and let's see how tough you are.

BTW: Channel 7 were so irresponsible focussing the camera on the Saints player with blood covering his head. There are kids watching the game and again not a good look for the game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Spoken like a true backman.
    I was a flashy and inconsistent half-forward in high school

24. Likes 1eyedog liked this post