Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  4
    Post Thanks / Like

How The Bulldogs Beat the AFL Draft

No idea who this guy is or his background but I found it great watching.

Its a fifteen minute video breaking down each player we drafted to make up our 2016 premiership team.

Interesting stat also about how we drafted majority of our premiership team compared to the Hawks and Tigers.

I find something romantic about winning a flag with only drafted players (as opposed to traded in).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWxmaPjkSYo
    More of an In Bruges guy?

2. Thanks SquirrelGrip, bornadog, jazzadogs, Hotdog60, Doc26, ReLoad thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How The Bulldogs Beat the AFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    No idea who this guy is or his background but I found it great watching.

Its a fifteen minute video breaking down each player we drafted to make up our 2016 premiership team.

Interesting stat also about how we drafted majority of our premiership team compared to the Hawks and Tigers.

I find something romantic about winning a flag with only drafted players (as opposed to traded in).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWxmaPjkSYo
    It becomes even more interesting imo (and he doesn't talk about this at all) that even the three players we didn't draft (Hamling, Biggs and Boyd) were two effective rookie picks with no exposed form at AFL level and a second year player.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Thx Azabob-enjoyed the video.

5. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great video Aza, thanks for posting. I notice he gave some praise to Clayton as well as his predecessors.

It was a very professionally put together doco and gave a good insight bto how the premiership team came together.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Aza I really enjoyed watching.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

9. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to add a few other players which made some great contributions :
    JOng, came through as a rookie, was making good impact in our games until he busted his shoulder. Award BOG In VFL final that year
    This was his best year

Matthew suckling we got him in on a 3 year deal . Was awesome against the hawks in the finals , unfortunately he got injured and was not available . His long kicking was important throughout the year clearing zones

Koby Stevens: loves this guys guts and power . Remember he played full forward on one leg. Picked up from west coast . He was battling with clay for the full forward position

Jed adcock : provided some good on field support leadership for the boys

I wish I had more time to put together stats but these are somethings I recall from 2016 year

11. Likes bornadog liked this post