Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  220
Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs Game Day V St. Kilda - Week 1 2020 Elimination Final Two

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    What are some key match ups we want/need to see today?

I think Crozier/ Butler. We can't allow Butler getting cheapy cheating goals out the back. I don't really want to see Crozier flying for unnecessary pack marks either because you know Butler will all ready be 10 metres clear before Crozier hits the ground.

I'd like to see Libba go to Jack Steele. Steele has been in great touch going from a lock down player to a player who has to be locked down. If he gets too many first look clean ball it will bring their tall leading forwards into the game. Libba is the man to quell his influence imo
    I like those matchups. Who do you think will get the job on billing’s? He’s the one I’m most concerned about. His last 3 games against us has killed us.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Will Geary go to Daniel? Surely the saints have to tag him ?
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Dogs by 19 points
    First goal: Wallis
    BOG: Bontempelli
    Enjoy the day, how's the weather looking?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Enjoy the day, how's the weather looking?
    Its a lovely warm day. 29 degrees. Should cool a few degrees by game time.

Post Thanks / Like

Its a lovely warm day. 29 degrees. Should cool a few degrees by game time.
    What time are you leaving?
    How long is the drive?
    Stop off for food - or too hard with the kids so eat at the ground?

TELL ME EVERYTHINGGGGG!!!!!!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

6. Likes Max469, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Back to where we were pretty much 12 months ago, and a chance to atone for what was a piss poor effort against GWS where we were over-awed and made to look timid. However as per the ins/outs to which comrade described we definitely have a harder edge to team this time around.

Like others I’m concerned about how we match up against the Saints, but I think we’re a better team so we just need to find a way to make it work. We really need our bottom 6-8 to contribute in a positive way with no passengers and everyone having more good moments than poor. We simply can’t gift them goals through slopppy turnovers or poor defending/ defensive positioning.

There’s no better time to be a footy fan than when finals come around. It’s a time when the nervous energy goes into hyperdrive and we worry over every little thing. I’m not worried about the fact that we will shit the bed this time around and have confidence that our boys will come to play.

Good luck Doggies fans... cheer hard & often, go the puppies!!

8. Likes GVGjr, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    What are some key match ups we want/need to see today?

I think Crozier/ Butler. We can't allow Butler getting cheapy cheating goals out the back. I don't really want to see Crozier flying for unnecessary pack marks either because you know Butler will all ready be 10 metres clear before Crozier hits the ground.

I'd like to see Libba go to Jack Steele. Steele has been in great touch going from a lock down player to a player who has to be locked down. If he gets too many first look clean ball it will bring their tall leading forwards into the game. Libba is the man to quell his influence imo
    Given the squad's roughly 50% back flankers I wonder if Bevo elects to get creative with Crozier (and JJ conceivably) because Bevo - while Duryea gets Butler duties, so to speak.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    What time are you leaving?
    How long is the drive?
    Stop off for food - or too hard with the kids so eat at the ground?

TELL ME EVERYTHINGGGGG!!!!!!
    Hahahaha....
    We're on our way now.. we know a good place to park for free on Logan rd..but you gotta get there early.
    Then we're going to try and get some late lunch with the kids before we head in!

11. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahahaha....
    We're on our way now.. we know a good place to park for free on Logan rd..but you gotta get there early.
    Then we're going to try and get some late lunch with the kids before we head in!
    There's a USA burger & ribs joint nearby...
    We wanted to go there a few weeks ago when we saw us play against the Lions, but COVID restrictions meant there was only limited room...so we missed out and ended up taking out a 2nd mortgage to buy hot dogs, fish and chips at the GABBA.
    Hoping to avoid getting stung for crappy GABBA food this time.

13. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dogs by 28 points
    First goal: Wallis
    BOG: Bontempelli

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs by 11 points, it's going to be a cracking game

Zero nerves at the moment and I really hope those privileged enough to be going have a fantastic evening and realise how lucky they are.
    This could be the start of something special
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

16. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Dogs by 11 points, it's going to be a cracking game

Zero nerves at the moment and I really hope those privileged enough to be going have a fantastic evening and realise how lucky they are.
    This could be the start of something special
    I've got a 20 percent butterfly thing happening. I try to pretend i don't care as much as I do...NEVER WORKS !

If they attack my Caleb, it will be confirmed this "club" doesn't like our closer to earth brethren.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I've got a 20 percent butterfly thing happening. I try to pretend i don't care as much as I do...NEVER WORKS !

If they attack my Caleb, it will be confirmed this "club" doesn't like our closer to earth brethren.
    Last year I ventured to Sydney to watch us play GWS and I had a false hope that we could beat them after the 60 point thrashing we gave them a few weeks before. This time I am 50/50 on this one, as we have both played well at times and not so well other times.

However, the past 6 games we have been pretty good and the Saints have been average. I don't think we could have a better 22 this week with the current list we have, although Vander would have made a big difference.

Come on Dogs, lets get past an elimination final.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahahaha....
    We’ll get there just before it starts. Moved a holiday on the GC forward a day and arrived back in Bris this morning. Wife is out getting her hair done but she’ll drop me and 2 of my kids off at the Gabba so I’ll pay her that! We’re only about a 15 min drive from there.

21. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sitting down for coffee near the ground... seems to be a lot more Saints fans I'm seeing than Doggies..

23. Likes GVGjr liked this post