Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  53
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: All Australian squad of 40

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    But did Oliver ruck? That goes in Bonts favour surely.
    Ha channelling Scott Wynd maybe for the win?

2. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting around our lads and think it's wonderful we have three representatives who all truly deserved their place in the All Australian team this year.

Yes I know the game isn't about individual awards blah blah blah, but seriously, all three were major reasons why we won 15 games this year and are massive reasons why we can win a few more.

Special congratulations to Bailey Dale, outstanding effort to resurrect your career in a different position and become one of the best players in the competition.

I get it's shit in lockdown and we've recently lost three games (and Bevo this, and Sweet that, and whatever), but these guys deserve some kudos for an excellent season and a bit of recognition.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

AA is deeply flawed but still a pretty big achievement.

For Bailey Dale to go from a so so mid sized forward to AA half back seemingly on a whim prior to the last pre-season game is huge.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

5. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s a remarkable achievement by Dale, and the other lads are guns of the highest order.

With Stringer in there too… our drafting over that period was pretty spot on!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    It’s a remarkable achievement by Dale, and the other lads are guns of the highest order.

With Stringer in there too… our drafting over that period was pretty spot on!
    It's a good point. We have been very good with our talent identification.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm loving the ongoing glorification of Jake Stringer as well. Yes, he had a good season by his standards and his second half of the season was excellent, but the Ch7 carry on about him being snubbed is next level.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'm loving the ongoing glorification of Jake Stringer as well. Yes, he had a good season by his standards and his second half of the season was excellent, but the Ch7 carry on about him being snubbed is next level.
    Nauseating. Why is he so marketable? His own peers didn't even think he was in their best 3. (Laverde, Merrett Parish).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Who’s in charge of Ch7? They have to be Essendon related. The carry on about Essendon from them is nauseating. It’s non-stop. Another reason I can’t stomach the thought of losing to those cheating scumbags.

11. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Who’s in charge of Ch7? They have to be Essendon related. The carry on about Essendon from them is nauseating. It’s non-stop. Another reason I can’t stomach the thought of losing to those cheating scumbags.
    Essendon generates revenue. Simple as that. Their fans are complete nuffies who just eat up all the hype, which means more eyeballs, more clicks, more ad dollars for the TV channels and publishers.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

The Bont and Macrae in squad. Can’t believe Bont is in the squad

Libba misses again - unbelievable
    Ed and Dale I thought had a shot but miss.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dale missing is a joke. When you compare his numbers to Saad’s, who has been anointed to the side for about 10 weeks, then he should have been a no brained for a spot on field.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

16. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Dale missing is a joke. When you compare his numbers to Saad’s, who has been anointed to the side for about 10 weeks, then he should have been a no brained for a spot on field.
    I would have thought Dale's 2022 was pretty similar to his 2021 where he made the team, yet this year he doesn't even make the squad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I would have thought Dale's 2022 was pretty similar to his 2021 where he made the team, yet this year he doesn't even make the squad.
    Yeah but Saad played for a side that performed more consistently across the year until it didn't and that's the most important thing.

19. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dale kicked seven goals to Saad's zero as well. Apart from tackles, Dale is either aligned or has it well over him.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...&fid1=S&fid2=S

21. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dale also smoked him by about 150m gained a game despite Saad taking a million bounces each week.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -