Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  64
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I hate the St Kilda Matchup - Tell me how we win this game???

Crozier was excellent for most of the season but yeah since Dureya has returned it’s as though he’s playing a different role which he hasn’t quite adjusted to. Let’s hope he’s figured it out just in time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    First 10 or so matches were very good. Since the suspension he's had nowhere near the influence and adding another small defender (Doc) to the mix hasn't helped.
    Agree. Thought he has been excellent for the most part with form tapering off recently. Interested to hear why having other small defenders has affected his game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Agree. Thought he has been excellent for the most part with form tapering off recently. Interested to hear why having other small defenders has affected his game.
    Not sure why it has, but the logjam in defence seems to have stifled his ability to roam and intercept, prior to round 10 he had multiple games with 17+ possessions and since then he hasn't gotten more than 14. It's not the best indicator but in the first 10 matches he cracked 100 SC points 4 times and hasn't done it since round 10.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Not sure why it has, but the logjam in defence seems to have stifled his ability to roam and intercept, prior to round 10 he had multiple games with 17+ possessions and since then he hasn't gotten more than 14. It's not the best indicator but in the first 10 matches he cracked 100 SC points 4 times and hasn't done it since round 10.
    Could his role have changed slightly?

Post Thanks / Like

I also like the boy Vandemeer but am a bit concerned about him coming back in for a final after such a long layoff and with his hamstring issues since he has been with us. The last thing we need is another game where we are a soldier down before half time if the worst case scenario occured. Only the medical staff and the player will know if he is ready to go. I just hope the right call is made.

6. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Could his role have changed slightly?
    We're playing 3 talls now instead of two, so no doubt it has.
    He was traded in from Freo to be a forward. He did seem to find himself forward of the ball quite a bit against Freo.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

8. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that Crozier's form has been off and he's been somewhat surplus to needs when we have Wood/Williams performing largely similar roles due in part to the return of Duryea.

He's obviously going to play but I hope we can find a way for Crozier to have an impact.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    We're playing 3 talls now instead of two, so no doubt it has.
    He was traded in from Freo to be a forward. He did seem to find himself forward of the ball quite a bit against Freo.
    Similar trajectory to Jeremy Howe in that respect.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

MJP, hate to say it, but you were bang on. Exactly what you described were the saints strengths is exactly what they did to us for 3 quarters. Their run and ability to score from our forward line was incredible and we had no answers. If anything we played into their hands.

Post Thanks / Like

How we win this game is to have a competitive ruckman! Ryder would have had the best 2 weeks sleep ever leading into this. Imagine how good our mids & particularly Bont would be if we had a good ruckman.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    How we win this game is to have a competitive ruckman! Ryder would have had the best 2 weeks sleep ever leading into this. Imagine how good our mids & particularly Bont would be if we had a good ruckman.
    Yet they lost the clearances and Stoppages
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yet they lost the clearances and Stoppages
    Sometimes the stats don't tell you the true story. I rely on what i see. I saw a ruckman who seems allergic to physical contact at times. From the first few contests of the game Tim looked like he was already beaten. Thats what i saw & you obviously see it differently. How many times do we have to see the opposition ruckman get BOG before we question whether we are doing the best thing for the team having Tim in there?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Sometimes the stats don't tell you the true story. I rely on what i see. I saw a ruckman who seems allergic to physical contact at times. From the first few contests of the game Tim looked like he was already beaten. Thats what i saw & you obviously see it differently. How many times do we have to see the opposition ruckman get BOG before we question whether we are doing the best thing for the team having Tim in there?
    We didn't lose because of the rucks

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Contrasting team set-up and structures but we could have easily won it.

Did we make error in playing two injured forwards?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Did we make error in playing two injured forwards?
    Wallis kicks those two misses and we wouldn't say that. Naughton didn't look confident. He needs to lead more and stop hanging around the defenders. He has alot to learn about forward play