Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  64
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who’s going on Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Google says:

How do I talk to a real person at Ticketmaster Australia?

You can reach out to Ticketmaster's customer service team on Facebook (@TicketmasterAU) and Twitter (@Ticketmaster_AU). We have representatives available to help you weekdays between 9am and 8pm (AEST). On Twitter, simply let us know which event you're booking and your query.

This is pathetic

It is.. I've also reached out to Bulldogs membership.

There is no option just to buy a family ticket... despite the AFL price list showing it.
    I either have to select an Away Member Adult Upgrade (1 ticket) and then add a family (2 Adult and 2 Jnr) total of 5 tickets as shown when I get to check out and it shows ticket numbers.
    OR I have to enter all 4 barcaodes and purchase tickets at a higher rate than the ticketed family ticket price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    It is.. I've also reached out to Bulldogs membership.

There is no option just to buy a family ticket... despite the AFL price list showing it.
    I either have to select an Away Member Adult Upgrade (1 ticket) and then add a family (2 Adult and 2 Jnr) total of 5 tickets as shown when I get to check out and it shows ticket numbers.
    OR I have to enter all 4 barcodes and purchase tickets at a higher rate than the ticketed family ticket price.
    Wow, that is ridiculous.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Well what a load of rubbish.
    Thank goodness our membership department are so helpful. I went through the issue with them, they also tried to use ticketmasters website to get a family ticket.. and discovered the same problem.
    They entered all 4 member barcodes... and the cost came out almost $50 higher than the ticketed family ticket price.
    He then tried entering 1 barcode and selecting Adult Away Member upgrade, which then unlocked the option to add a family ticket. This now meant 5 tickets were being ordered...
    He said. Okay best option is to enter one of my kids membership as the required Member upgrade, then add on a Family ticket... This only came out at $23 over the family ticket price.
    He said he would note it on the club's system and they'd try and reduce my membership fee next year by that amount if they couldn't resolve with Ticketmaster.

So at least I have our tickets...just have an extra jnr one as well. Might have to see if one of my son's friends wants to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank goodness our membership department are so helpful. I went through the issue with them, they also tried to use ticketmasters website to get a family ticket.. and discovered the same problem.
    They entered all 4 member barcodes... and the cost came out almost $50 higher than the ticketed family ticket price.
    He then tried entering 1 barcode and selecting Adult Away Member upgrade, which then unlocked the option to add a family ticket. This now meant 5 tickets were being ordered...
    He said. Okay best option is to enter one of my kids membership as the required Member upgrade, then add on a Family ticket... This only came out at $23 over the family ticket price.
    He said he would note it on the club's system and they'd try and reduce my membership fee next year by that amount if they couldn't resolve with Ticketmaster.

So at least I have our tickets...just have an extra jnr one as well. Might have to see if one of my son's friends wants to go.
    At least you are going and have the opportunity to convert one of your sons mates.

Hope the boys come through for you.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'm in the same wheel spin now. I wonder if it's best just to wait until General Sale? Surely it won't be sold out?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Yeah, I'm in the same wheel spin now. I wonder if it's best just to wait until General Sale? Surely it won't be sold out?
    Personally, I wouldn't take the risk.

Post Thanks / Like

Give the club a buzz and see if they can help you like they did with YHF.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd call our membership team...
    But they'll probably suggest to follow same... And enter one of your children's membership barcodes.. then select Jnr Away Upgrade... which will then enable you to tick the Family Ticket option..
    It will end up costing you an extra $23..that's the cheapest way

Post Thanks / Like

I'd call our membership team...
    But they'll probably suggest to follow same... And enter one of your children's membership barcodes.. then select Jnr Away Upgrade... which will then enable you to tick the Family Ticket option..
    It will end up costing you an extra $23..that's the cheapest way
    My wife was on the fence about attending anyway and calling in a favor to look after our littlest one... so I just bought the 1 adult and 2 juniors.

So I'm in... now for the win!

Post Thanks / Like

My wife was on the fence about attending anyway and calling in a favor to look after our littlest one... so I just bought the 1 adult and 2 juniors.

So I'm in... now for the win!
    Excellent

Post Thanks / Like

Just got the following response from Ticketmaster

"Thanks for getting in touch with Ticketmaster in regards to this event.

Unfortunately, the AFL determine the prices for AFL Finals, and every year Member Prices are classified as either Adult, Concession or Junior. Members are not able to purchase family priced tickets for the AFL finals.
    "

This doesn't add up for me. It's ticketmaster who disabled the selection of Family Ticket, unlesss and until you select another ticket. As soon as you do, it then enables you to buy a Family ticket.

The AFL's pricing sheet shows the cost of a family Ticket in its promotion material, which is also sent to members. There is no qualification of these prices not being available to members.

I hate deceptive practices and I will be taking up with the AFL as well as relevant consumer affairs agency.

*****update****
    I replied to Ticketmaster... saying the above, and have now been advised they have refunded the $23 for the additional jnr price
    So all good, now...

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy the day WOOFers, hope the lads put a great show on for you.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got the following response from Ticketmaster

"Thanks for getting in touch with Ticketmaster in regards to this event.

Unfortunately, the AFL determine the prices for AFL Finals, and every year Member Prices are classified as either Adult, Concession or Junior. Members are not able to purchase family priced tickets for the AFL finals.
    "

This doesn't add up for me. It's ticketmaster who disabled the selection of Family Ticket, unlesss and until you select another ticket. As soon as you do, it then enables you to buy a Family ticket.

The AFL's pricing sheet shows the cost of a family Ticket in its promotion material, which is also sent to members. There is no qualification of these prices not being available to members.

I hate deceptive practices and I will be taking up with the AFL as well as relevant consumer affairs agency.
    Just hopeless. Why are things so complicated? It's selling tickets to a game of footy for crying out loud. I've worked in plenty of customer service companies and it always astonishes me how little attention anyone actually gives to the actual customer experience. It's always about the next best thing or spruking how much the customer matters. Yet no-one spends any time or thought on the simplicities of making it easy for the customer.

Ticketmaster are a perfect example here. I mean charging a delivery fee for electronic tickets is absurd.

15. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Just hopeless. Why are things so complicated? It's selling tickets to a game of footy for crying out loud. I've worked in plenty of customer service companies and it always astonishes me how little attention anyone actually gives to the actual customer experience. It's always about the next best thing or spruking how much the customer matters. Yet no-one spends any time or thought on the simplicities of making it easy for the customer.

Ticketmaster are a perfect example here. I mean charging a delivery fee for electronic tickets is absurd.
    Thankfully, as I edited my post, with some pressing on it, Ticketmaster have relented and promised to refund the $23 for the additional jnr ticket I had to purchase to unlock a family ticket.

At the other end of the scale I can't thank the Bulldogs Membership contact staff enough. I was literally on the phone with another Bulldog's customer service rep, when I finally go the right response from Ticketmaster, but he'd confirmed they'd already noted on my file to organise a refund of the $23 to come off my membership next year....
    From where I sit, they didn't have to do that, it was Ticketmaster's greed that was the cause, but seems the Bulldog's Membership dept does have customers at the core of their service.

17. Likes bulldogsthru&thru, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thankfully, as I edited my post, with some pressing on it, Ticketmaster have relented and promised to refund the $23 for the additional jnr ticket I had to purchase to unlock a family ticket.

At the other end of the scale I can't thank the Bulldogs Membership contact staff enough. I was literally on the phone with another Bulldog's customer service rep, when I finally go the right response from Ticketmaster, but he'd confirmed they'd already noted on my file to organise a refund of the $23 to come off my membership next year....
    From where I sit, they didn't have to do that, it was Ticketmaster's greed that was the cause, but seems the Bulldog's Membership dept does have customers at the core of their service.
    You have double dipped