Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  63
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Premiership hero Dickson calls time

One of the most satisfying guys to have on your side, and also an underrated player on big stages. Seeing his 2015 on paper still barely seems real.

Thanks for a great career Tory, but especially thanks for murdering Heath Shaw in cold blood in the 2016 prelim.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Best of Luck Tory. You have been the cool head. Mr Reliable for many years. True professional and a quality club man that we are all proud to say word the tri colours and provided many satisfying moments to us all.

You are know fir your goal kicking but for me it’s the forward pressure and the run down from behind tackles that I will truly member.

Thank you
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't sure if he had enough tricks on him when he first started, but a smart forward who takes their chances is always valuable and Dickson is maybe the best at that our club has seen in my time. Really enjoyable and calming player to have turn out for us and really considering his late start to his career to come out of it with some genuinely outstanding seasons to his name, a premiership medal and the record as the most accurate goalkicker with over 100 shots ever (don't know why Swampy made the cut off 200, Dickson wins with anything above 82).
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

4. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Tory. You will forever be remembered as a bulldog legend who played a significant role in delivering our 2nd premiership. To also top a list of the most accurate goal kickers is a remarkable achievement and one which you should be extremely proud of. Good luck in your future.

Post Thanks / Like

Predictable but still a sad day to see an absolute legend of the club retire.

He had a huge impact in a relatively short period of time, and should be extremely proud of his AFL career.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Legend, such an underrated player. Stood up in big moments and ever reliable. He took some good defenders to the cleaners.

Enjoy retirement Dicko, well earned.

8. Likes westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Leaves us with some great goals/memories. All the best Tory for the future.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully Josh Schache now will become that solid sharp shooter for us.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Loved his chasing and tackling as well as his goal kicking

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I’m Not Bitter Anymore! View Post
    Loved his chasing and tackling as well as his goal kicking
    An infamous example led to the mastication of his neck at the hands of a recently aggrieved Irish vampire.

Post Thanks / Like

Dickson just did the fundamentals of the game so well. He wasn't winning us over with freakish dribble goals from impossible angles but week after week he chased and tackled hard and was just deadly in front of the big sticks. In the main, he got the goals that he should get and played with his limitations.

He would be a great role model of any level headed youngster who decided he needed to be efficient with the ball.
    I hope the likes of Greene and Weightman have been leaning on him for some advice on how to improve their kicking

Dicko should be highly proud of what he has achieved
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your career with the dogs! A humble and high achiever. always so happy when he was the one lining up for a set shot.
    The dam wall has busted!

Post Thanks / Like

Another premiership player retiring, predicable but so sad to see.

One of my favorite players over the years, super underrated and was always reliable infront of goal. As mentioned in this thread, I'm never a big fan of us giving our own players coaching jobs, but in this case, I'd give Tory the job of goal kicking / forward coach, because his up their with some of the best.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

This might be a silly question, but is this effective immediately?

I haven’t seen it mentioned either way and I know he is likely a fair way down the pecking order, but you would think unless he is injured he is still a chance (and insurance) if we go deep.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    This might be a silly question, but is this effective immediately?

I haven’t seen it mentioned either way and I know he is likely a fair way down the pecking order, but you would think unless he is injured he is still a chance (and insurance) if we go deep.
    I did read somewhere on one of the dogs socials that it was effective immediately. Such a shame as he won't get a final game / chair off he 100% deserves.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

18. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post