Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  63
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Premiership hero Dickson calls time

I think to do what he has as a mature aged recruit is phenomenal. We've seen it from defenders and players who negate, but it's a rare feat to see this level of performance and influence as a forward. A career to be proud of.

A Bulldog immortal, plucked from underneath Essendon's nose.

The Member for Dickson, kicked goals. Goals are the most important part of footy. He's kicked some of the most important goals in our club's history. And a bunch of rote, repetitious goals that helped get to those moments.

I'm sad this time has come for him. But time and tide waits for no one and we can only hope his is a legacy of the value of efficiency with the ball, accuracy and professionalism when kicking for goal.

2. Likes merantau, Eastdog, GVGjr, azabob, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Terrific player for us. Such a cool head. Kicked so many crucial goals. Kicked so many great goals. So many skills. Heath Shaw still seeing his therapist I believe. Tory's finals campaign was just wonderful. Thanks Tory for everything you have done for our Club.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

4. Likes Eastdog, westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think his general forward skill set and abilities have been under valued due to his goal kicking accuracy. Great forward craft and ability come up at the footy or use the space behind him. Will be a nightmare in local football.

6. Likes azabob, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic career, to go from playing for Noble Park as a senior player to performing well in a flag-winning finals series is an amazing effort.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

8. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Terrific player for us. Such a cool head. Kicked so many crucial goals. Kicked so many great goals. So many skills. Heath Shaw still seeing his therapist I believe. Tory's finals campaign was just wonderful. Thanks Tory for everything you have done for our Club.
    The goal where. He was dragged to ground, 2 v 1 and sprung up, snatched the footy and slotted it was remarkable, underrated. GOTY

10. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Amazing that he averages almost double the goals in finals v home and away (3 v 1.52).

A shame he's rarely had a clear run at it since the flag. I think we might just choose to forget his last game v Geelong.

Cody Weightman could do worse than model his game on the way Tory went about it as a small/medium forward. Always maintain the pressure and make the most of your opportunities.

12. Likes SquirrelGrip, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my favourites. In the 2 seasons that he was able to stay fit and healthy we were a much better side for it, and during 2015 and 2016 he kicked an amazing 90.29 from 45 games, including 15 goals in 5 finals.

To kick 4 goals (which I'm sure would have been 5 if the siren didn't go first and he probably lost concentration) in the greatest prelim ever, and then 3 straight the next week in the GF was huge. That 50m set shot goal to put us in front at quarter time in the Grand Final was huge also.

Finishes his career as 103rd most games played & 28th most goals kicked for the club, and one of only 42 premiership bulldogs.

14. Likes The bulldog tragician, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Fantastic career, to go from playing for Noble Park as a senior player to performing well in a flag-winning finals series is an amazing effort.
    This achievement is remarkable, his contribution to our club significant. Tory Dickson leaves with the respect of all Dog fans and as a premiership player. IMO he was somewhat to the forward line as Dale Morris was to the backline, courageous, a one per centers player, a great clubman, reliable and highly regarded. Best wishes for your future Tory.

16. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Enjoyed Dicko's career a lot, didn't need many touches to put the opposition to the sword.

Will be forever immortalised as taking the match clinching mark in the 2016 prelim and had the composure to take all the time up on the clock (despite Matty Boyd screaming at him to kick it backwards ). He was huge in that game. His goals in the grand final were at crucial times.

Thanks for your service TD, best of luck on wherever life takes you.
    What a great feeling that was. We all just were relieved as that match could have gone anywhere at the end but thankfully it fell in favour.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post

A Bulldog immortal, plucked from underneath Essendon's nose.
    Spot on. Good luck with whatever the future brings Deadeye Dickson.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Just watching his highlights package Bruce mentioned that he averaged 3 goals a game in finals, so good when it counted.

Thanks Dicko.

Post Thanks / Like

As supporters we have probably taken some of his work for granted, but hes been a super player for us Dickson

His peak, completely coincided with the arrival of Bevo and during 2015-16 was superb

Post Thanks / Like

Who's going to kick for my life now?

All the best to you, Tory, what an unlikely club champion you turned out to be. Huzzah!

22. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All the best Tory. Thanks for the great memories in the red, white and blue.

Your 2015/16 seasons were on par with any small/medium forward of modern times.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    Who's going to kick for my life now?

All the best to you, Tory, what an unlikely club champion you turned out to be. Huzzah!
    Huzzah!!!
    More of an In Bruges guy?