Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  63
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Premiership hero Dickson calls time

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    The goal where. He was dragged to ground, 2 v 1 and sprung up, snatched the footy and slotted it was remarkable, underrated. GOTY
    Indeed.This is my favorite Dicko goal. Heath Shaw, with his back to the ball, pushes Dicko to the deck with a shove to his left shoulder. While on the ground Dicko somehow reels the ball in from between Number 16 (Wilson's?) feet while Heath Shaw looks on staring like a kid at a lolly shop window. Meanwhile, Dicko springs to his feet, heads goalwards and slams it through with his left foot while Heath stands around like a stale bottle of the proverbial!
    Heath then goes crook and starts waving his arms like a mad man at Number 20, Tomlinson!!
    Then after he kicks the goal Heath elbows Dicko in the throat region. What a tool.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Always rated him above Breust, when Breust was getting the AA guernseys for cleaning up in a successful side. His forward craft was as good as his kicking
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Great player and will be dearly missed in our 22. Goal kicking ability was high class, and that finals season in 2016 was phenomenal. All the best Dicko !!!!
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Take a look at Als Highlights of ALL Dicko's goals from 2016. You can really appreciate what an absolute gun he was. Left foot, right foot, on 50, just outside 50, on the boundary, in front, leading up, running with the flight, off the ground, reading it off the pack, from a scrimmage, intercepting, on the run after 4 bounces - he could do it all.
    Furthermore, he rarely snuck them in. Look closely. He more often than not put it over the goal umpire's head. What a player!

https://youtu.be/zYxAJm7KJts

5. Thanks azabob, Insufficient Intent, jazzadogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Take a look at Als Highlights of ALL Dicko's goals from 2016. You can really appreciate what an absolute gun he was. Left foot, right foot, on 50, just outside 50, on the boundary, in front, leading up, running with the flight, off the ground, reading it off the pack, from a scrimmage, intercepting, on the run after 4 bounces - he could do it all.
    Furthermore, he rarely snuck them in. Look closely. He more often than not put it over the goal umpire's head. What a player!

https://youtu.be/zYxAJm7KJts
    What a great way to spend 15 mins. Thanks for posting.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    What a great way to spend 15 mins. Thanks for posting.
    Its like ASMR but only more soothing.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

8. Likes azabob, Scorlibo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Former AFL premiership star turns $50 into $200,000 with seven-leg race multi

Fighting Harada’s win in the last race at Bendigo was memorable for many reasons, but for former AFL player Tory Dickson it was the collect of a lifetime turning $50 into $200,000!

Retired Western Bulldogs premiership star Tory Dickson has had a bit of luck with horses, as a part-owner of Group 1 winners-turned-stallions Merchant Navy and Super Seth.

But Dickson toasted another turf success story on Saturday, with the last winner at Bendigo gifting the former goalsneak a $200,000 windfall — courtesy of a $50 seven-leg racing multi.

Dickson’s friend, racehorse trainer Michael Kent Jr, who prepared Fighting Harada at Bendigo, shed some light on the monster collect.

“A little shout out to my good friend Tory Dickson,” Kent Jr, who trains in partnership with Mick Price, said.

“He had a seven-leg multi today and I think he won about $200,000 on this horse by getting up.

“A bit of pressure on me … he owes me!”

If not already, suspect Kent Jr will be offering good luck charm Dickson a share in either of the Merchant Navy yearling colts the stable has currently for sale.

Dickson retired last year after 114 games and 181 goals for the Bulldogs.

His seven-year career included a 2014 VFL flag and the 2016 AFL premiership.

10. Thanks merantau thanked for this post
    Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Between owning multiple group 1 winners, and this latest big collect....Tory may well have made more money out of racing than footy!

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't have happened to a better person. I'm rapt for him.

13. Likes EasternWest, WBFC4FFC liked this post