Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Crows investigating after duo allegedly caught with illicit substance

https://www.afl.com.au/news/511512/c...icit-substance

Crows investigating after duo allegedly caught with illicit substance

ADELAIDE is investigating an incident involving Brad Crouch and Tyson Stengle, after the pair were allegedly stopped by police in the early hours of Monday morning in possession of an illicit substance.

The Crows confirmed details of the incident on Monday afternoon, saying they expected police to refer both to a counselling process and suggested that neither player would be charged.

"First and foremost, the alleged conduct is serious and we will continue to ask questions and make sure we have all of the facts before settling on a definitive position going forward," the club's football boss Adam Kelly said.

"The club will also liaise closely with the AFL and AFL Players' Association during this process, including working through any consequences under the AFL's illicit drug policy.

"What is absolutely clear is that all players across the League are well educated about drug use and relevant policies.

"As an organisation, we take a very strong stance against any behaviour of this kind.

"The wellbeing of Brad and Tyson is also paramount and we will make sure they receive appropriate support."

Crouch, the club's 2019 best and fairest winner, is among this year's most sought-after restricted free agents and has attracted the interest of a number of Victorian clubs including Geelong and Essendon.

Meanwhile, it is the second significant incident involving Stengle this year, after he was banned for four matches and fined $2500 having been stopped by police for driving an unregistered vehicle and subsequently recording a blood-alcohol reading of 0.125 in April.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Crows investigating after duo allegedly caught with illicit substance

Dickheads. So much for looking for a new club
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Stengle's second issue this year after a drink driving incident, going the right way about ruining his career.

Crouch is out of there anyway but I wonder if this will put any would be suitors off? Probably not.

Post Thanks / Like

It might make them roll back his contract a little which could impact on the Crows' compo pick.
    Either way this year has been a disaster for the Crows. I won't shed many tears though.

I wonder how Keath feels, preparing for finals as he looks back at his old club right now.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Stengle's second issue this year after a drink driving incident, going the right way about ruining his career.

Crouch is out of there anyway but I wonder if this will put any would be suitors off? Probably not.
    Both would fit in well at Essendon, Dodo wins trade week yet again!!!

6. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Dickheads. So much for looking for a new club
    It won't worry the Bummers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    For those clubs on the lookout for a talented young small pressure forward (albeit an immature dickhead at the moment), there's now one available very much on the cheap.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    For those clubs on the lookout for a talented young small pressure forward (albeit an immature dickhead at the moment), there's now one available very much on the cheap.
    I hope we're doing some due diligence and making an enquiry.

The Lachie Hunter saga probably makes it tough though.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I just read the heading out to my son. He looked up and said "for a second I thought you had said Crozier, phew!"
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

11. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bomber bound it’s 100%
    Dodoro would be jumping over everyone to get to Crouch now.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I get the impression that even if they are both found out to be guilty the footy world won't be savage on them

I doubt it would it even impact Crouch's ability to negotiate a big deal that he seems to be after.

Assuming he is found to be guilty if I was in charge of a club that had a genuine interest in Crouch then I'd be wanting us to withdraw any offers and I say that though knowing I'm completely out of step with how society see's drug use.

I can't imagine this stops him for getting offers although the financial aspects might be a bit lower that he otherwise might have thought he would get
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I doubt it would it even impact Crouch's ability to negotiate a big deal that he seems to be after.
    For a player who is already questioned re- professionalism (particularly his love of a social occasion) this is not good timing...

For a club wanting to be rid of said player and his big salary, this is absolutely not good timing.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Assuming he is found to be guilty if I was in charge of a club that had a genuine interest in Crouch then I'd be wanting us to withdraw any offers and I say that though knowing I'm completely out of step with how society see's drug use.
    I'm with you.

Problem is there would be players at every club doing drugs. Stengle and Couch were just silly/unlucky enough to get caught.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

What drugs were they caught with?

And did they throw away their phones?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    For a player who is already questioned re- professionalism (particularly his love of a social occasion) this is not good timing...

For a club wanting to be rid of said player and his big salary, this is absolutely not good timing.
    Does this really impact Adelaide if they aren't that interested in keeping him? Won't they receive roughly the same compensation for losing him as an RFA? Lets say he was after 800K per season for 4 years, at worst he will receive a 10% discount to that figure.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"