Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The view of the bottom ten sides.

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Unfortunately with almost all media these days, there is no investigation done into a story and lots of things are copied from one to another. It seems the only investigation done is through social media, forums etc. A good example was when MacAvenay said we still had Jong to come back in and he was actually on a plane to Melbourne to have an operation.
    The media has turned from practicing journalism (asking questions, seeking out stories and generally being suspicious of information given to them) to being stenographers for politics and peak bodies (just reproducing press releases)

I wanted to be a journalist when I was a kid but I dodged a bullet.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

2. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think for me 2016 taught me never pay attention to the experts, so since then i have cut down on footy shows, articles & podcasts. Nobody gave us a chance to win the flag but we did it anyway. Growing up you always listened to the experts. For example when Barry Hall came to the kennel, everyone was picking us for top 4 & to win the flag. I remember being so excited that year because it was like the experts gave me permission to believe for the first time & we all know how that worked out. Now i rely on my own eyes & what i see when i watch our boys.

Also agree with bulldog joe, it certainly doesn't end with sport.

4. Likes EasternWest, Bulldog Joe, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    I think for me 2016 taught me never pay attention to the experts, so since then i have cut down on footy shows, articles & podcasts. Nobody gave us a chance to win the flag but we did it anyway. Growing up you always listened to the experts. For example when Barry Hall came to the kennel, everyone was picking us for top 4 & to win the flag. I remember being so excited that year because it was like the experts gave me permission to believe for the first time & we all know how that worked out. Now i rely on my own eyes & what i see when i watch our boys.

Also agree with bulldog joe, it certainly doesn't end with sport.
    My old grandad used to say that you should keep your eyes open and your mouth shut and believe half of what you see and nothing that you hear.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    My old grandad used to say that you should keep your eyes open and your mouth shut and believe half of what you see and nothing that you hear.
    Kind of sounds like how you end up in QAnon though.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

7. Likes soupman, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    My boss use to say believe nothing that you read and half of what you hear.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Kind of sounds like how you end up in QAnon though.
    Wouldn't think so. He was a card carrying communist party member.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    My boss use to say believe nothing that you read and half of what you hear.
    That's one of two things I can ever remember him saying. The other one was when I was complaining about a horse I'd backed and said that the jockey hadn't let it run properly. "Listen son. Woulda, coulda, shoulda. It coulda and shoulda won but if the horse hadn't stopped for a shit it woulda won the race. They call him handbrake Harry for a reason."

I hardly ever have a bet now and never put more than 5 bucks on a horse. Bloody handbrake Harry White.

11. Thanks anfo27 thanked for this post