I have listened to podcasts/read articles over the past week and the general perception of the bottom sides seem to be something like this:

Melbourne - Unlucky, going to be ok if they fix their forward line.
Giants - No good. Things are going to get worse.
Carlton - Unlucky...add one more midfielder and lookout.
Freo - Great season...finals next year.
Essendon - Burn the joint down. Sack the coaches (all of them) and the players.
Gold Coast - Probably would have been premiers if not for the MR injury.
Hawks - Well, after you win all those flags eventually time will come a calling...
Sydney - Great season...so much promise. On the up and up.
North - Burn the joint down. But at least they ARE burning it down, so...well, it's going to be bad but at least they know.
Adelaide - Great finish to the year, playing better, young talent everywhere.
--------
My question is this. How much of the commentary do you think is aligned to what 'the people' want to hear? For example, Essendon supporters are losing their minds...the commentary plays to that. Carlton supporters are thinking they are up and about...the commentary plays to that. Is there actually any difference between the two sides?

I continue to be baffled by all the positive press about Gold Coast who basically did the same thing they did 12-months ago - competitive and successful early in the year, terrible late in the year...only this time they did it WITH the help of the senior recruits (Ellis, Greenwood et al) they supposedly needed.

I don't know. I look at all of the commentary and just wonder why everyone seems to have the same opinion about EVERYTHING. Why can't someone look at things in a different way...I mean, Freo supposedly will be better when all their key defenders return...but they were 6th for defense anyway so maybe the formula that was forced upon them is one they should go with - trade Pearce, Hamling, Logue and see what they can do with Hogan? I mean, would being 5th for points against actually have improved their spot on the ladder?

Anyway, I could write forever on this but am fascinated if everyone else is getting the same 'everything is the same' vibe from the media...