Woofers, we're playing finals this weekend and it's time to get excited about it.

I get that things are tough in Melbourne town right now, and it's tough that many of us don't get to see our team run out and beat the Saints this week. However, there needs to be more excitement around the fact that we're one of eight teams that have made it to finals this year in less than desirable circumstances and we've got a more than solid chance of going a few weeks deep into this year's finals series.

Mr Mahatma and Foxtrot Victor Charlie Yankee Sierra Hotel or whatever your name is, you guys have to give it all for we folk who can't make it. I really hope the night goes well for both of you and your families!

There's been a lot of trepidation around who we're playing but not much positivity - and I don't think the appraisal of our chances has been balanced. In this game our experience in finals lends us the upper hand, and if you look at form lines we match up pretty well to most sides in our half of the eight.

It's my view that our midfield and defencive mix will take a huge step up and deny the Saints any of the free running they'll crave to get on top of us. In those areas, aside from one or two players we clearly have the personnel who have endured the experience of finals where our opponents haven't. Our forward line is starting to gel, and is sufficiently crafty much like it was a few years ago to continually score.

Let's embrace the opportunity like our team should be. We've done what it takes to win when we needed to in order to give ourselves a chance, and we've played excellent football along the way. It's not the same as last year, it's a different feel to our build up.

Get on board. Get excited.