Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  35
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Elimination Final, 2020 vs St Kilda

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Watched the replay. I thought initially our effort was up, but you are correct. The tackling was really substandard. So many times they managed to get rid of the footy.
    I can’t find the motivation. What else stood out on second viewing?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Watched the replay. I thought initially our effort was up, but you are correct. The tackling was really substandard. So many times they managed to get rid of the footy.
    Tackling is a funny one. I think we did great pressuring to get to the point of tackling but our actual tackles were very poor. Really missed out on a few opportunities when it was inside 50. I think it was less about effort and more about skill execution.

3. Likes Sedat, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Tackling is a funny one. I think we did great pressuring to get to the point of tackling but our actual tackles were very poor. Really missed out on a few opportunities when it was inside 50. I think it was less about effort and more about skill execution.
    Yeah, didn't seem committed to stay the course in the tackle and kill it.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

The tackling really bugged me all day. They ALWAYS got a handball out in the direction of a team mate. We could not effectively hold them up.

6. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    The tackling really bugged me all day. They ALWAYS got a handball out in the direction of a team mate. We could not effectively hold them up.
    Also HTB rule out the door, didn't help
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Our tackling is laughable, and for every tackle we stick, we can’t hold another 5. Very few of our players tackle by grabbing an arm. It’s all around the waist, allowing the opposition to handball away. It’s frustrating to watch. And it’s been like this for many years. We seriously need a tackling coach, one that brings borderline aggression.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Our tackling is laughable, and for every tackle we stick, we can’t hold another 5. Very few of our players tackle by grabbing an arm. It’s all around the waist, allowing the opposition to handball away. It’s frustrating to watch. And it’s been like this for many years. We seriously need a tackling coach, one that brings borderline aggression.
    We missed Toby McLean at the end of the year. His tackling technique has improved out of sight.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Also HTB rule out the door, didn't help
    Works both ways that one. Our tackling was just absolutely pathetic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Really???, you need to watch that again
    A mongrelly non-preferred snap under pressure....rather than Wallis straight in front from 20....it was low percentage at best.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Re: Bevo’s presser, I didn’t pick up that he suggested Tim would leave. My take on his comment was he didn’t see the point bringing someone in who wants to leave cause they aren’t getting enough opportunities in the ruck, only to have them as our 2nd ruck.

So English is our #1 ruck and at best we’ll get support... but it prevents the Dunkley/Bruce rucking rather than much else.

Also, Bevo said something about our fwd line being a man down every week. He said it twice. What was he on about there?
    Yes, that is definitely what he meant. I'm not sure how anyone could hear any different.

13. Likes dadsgirl16, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Yes, that is definitely what he meant. I'm not sure how anyone could hear any different.
    People are feeling the burn pretty hard. Many haven't watched the presser with a clear head from what's been said around here.

And that's actually fair enough.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

15. Likes hujsh, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    It might be frowned upon these days, but I remember EJ talking about tackling to hurt. He said, and I am paraphrasing here, something along the lines of I hate to see a player tackle someone without throwing him to the ground. Player x did it to player Y quite legally in some final, and he broke his collar bone. I wonder how Ted would view the dangerous tackle rules these days.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.