Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  35
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Moment: Elimination Final, 2020 vs St Kilda

The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in this afternoon's Elimination final against St Kilda. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Elimination Final, 2020 vs St Kilda

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Kicking it straight to Coffield 4 times in 3 minutes in the last.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Wally missing in the last. Hes been so reliable this season so when that missed that was my moment.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Bazza and Hunter’s misses in the 3rd. Bazza gets it and we are within one point. Hunter gets it and we are 17 points down. Big big misses in the context of the game.

Post Thanks / Like

Ryder outmarking English both in D50 and F50 within a few minutes in the 3rd qtr. It deflated the group and left far too much to do in the last qtr.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Bazza and Hunter’s misses in the 3rd. Bazza gets it and we are within one point. Hunter gets it and we are 17 points down. Big big misses in the context of the game.
    This was it for me. Clawing back 4 goals in the last quarter of a final is a phenomenal effort We ran all over them. If we have to only claw back 2 goals then the game would have been ours. Its been a bugbear all season, but missing set shots from 20 to 30 out is unforgiveable.

Post Thanks / Like

English not burying the Saints defender into the turf in the 4th. He kills that guy and its HTB and a set shot, instead it's a goal going the other way.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    English not burying the Saints defender into the turf in the 4th. He kills that guy and its HTB and a set shot, instead it's a goal going the other way.
    But it was holding the ball, the umpire just let it go. It was a disgraceful decision.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Likes Bullies, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

English trailing Ryder by 2 metres at the boundry throw in in the last quarter. Easy tap out to saints mid & easy F50 entry for the saints only goal in the last.
    For me English was my biggest concern leading in & the way he played was why I was concerned. How do we fix this? He is the biggest problem on our list & we have no back up!

Post Thanks / Like

The ball bouncing and sitting up nicely for Membrey to handball to a running player for another open goal against the trend of play in the last quarter. That was it. Game done.

All the momentum for one solitary goal. Then from nowhere they get a goal. Kills you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    But it was holding the ball, the umpire just let it go. It was a disgraceful decision.
    Sorry BAD, it just wasn't holding the ball. Steele was tackled and got rid of it with a kick. Umpires give players ample opportunity to correctly dispose of it and Steele did. English could have and should have demolished Steele in that tackle. For mine that piece of play is indicative of his mindset as a player - lacks that uncompromising killer instinct. The big question is can that be taught in a player?
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    English trailing Ryder by 2 metres at the boundry throw in in the last quarter. Easy tap out to saints mid & easy F50 entry for the saints only goal in the last.
    For me English was my biggest concern leading in & the way he played was why I was concerned. How do we fix this? He is the biggest problem on our list & we have no back up!
    Yep-same for me. I said to hubby that’s it then as soon as Saints took it away so easily.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Sorry BAD, it just wasn't holding the ball. Steele was tackled and got rid of it with a kick. Umpires give players ample opportunity to correctly dispose of it and Steele did. English could have and should have demolished Steele in that tackle. For mine that piece of play is indicative of his mindset as a player - lacks that uncompromising killer instinct. The big question is can that be taught in a player?
    Can you imagine if that was Picken, Morris or Clay tackling from 2016? They'd still be digging Steele out of the ground.

Now not everyone can exude their intensity, but when you're 200cms+ and you have the chance to bury an opposition mid, well, you'd better take it.

16. Likes Sedat, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    BAD I love you but it wasn't. English had a moment and didn't execute.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -