Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  35
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Elimination Final, 2020 vs St Kilda

A few moments:

- The free against Bruce right at the end.

- Wally’s miss in the last.

- Bailey Smith and Lachie Hunter missing in the 3rd quarter.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

2. Likes DOG GOD, Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Roarke Smith over cooked one early in the game which would have put us 2 goals up and applied scoreboard pressure early on and reflected the effort we'd invested. It wasn't an easy shot, but it was a moment that would have set the tone I believe. They swung up the other end and scored instead.

Post Thanks / Like

The last 2 mins of the second quarter:
    Macro on 50 m fwd , handballs to Lipinski and he gets tackled down . Just stupid , macrae should have a go at kicking a goal
    Ball gets rebound and saints goal. We did not offer any pressure to keep it in the forward line ... sigh...

Wallace’s miss in the last few moments . So crucial

Then the start of the 3 rd , Bailey smith misses 30 m out on a slight angle. Saints stream ahead to a 21 point lead in the pasty 10 mins of the 3rd. We just keep getting in these situations of catch up footy .

We need to nail these opportunities

Losing Cordy was hard , as saints have 3 pretty good big men , Marshall , Ryder And king which we could not cover all. I think I am missing one more

5. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For me it was Baz's miss. I was absolutely 100% sure he was going to kick that goal. And it would have made it two in quick succession from memory. Momentum. It's an above the shoulders thing. Kick the goal. Everyone lifts. Miss and it's hard to get it out of the collective head.
    After that miss I knew we were done. The comeback was just bearable because I'd set myself up mentally for defeat.. Thank dog we weren't leading all game and went down by three points! I could not possibly handle that. My therapist has me booked in for 9am tomorrow morning. I hope to have my normal optimism restored by Round 1, 2021.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

7. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    English not burying the Saints defender into the turf in the 4th. He kills that guy and its HTB and a set shot, instead it's a goal going the other way.
    This. Got me off the couch, let rip at the TV. That was the epitome of the intensity we brought to the game. He needed to be driven 9ft underground.

Post Thanks / Like

The Moment came after the game for me. Bevo lamenting the 3rd man up rule.

That's pathetic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post

That's pathetic.
    He also shot down the suggestion of changing our ruck set up and suggested if we bring in another ruckman English will leave.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    He also shot down the suggestion of changing our ruck set up and suggested if we bring in another ruckman English will leave.
    Sounds like English is unhappy doing what is best for the team, or the coach is being dictated to by players.

Either way it’s a sad admission.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post

That's pathetic.
    Yep. 2017 called Bevo the rules aren't going to change no matter how many unconvenetial lineups you throw out there. Wake the *!*!*!*! up and move with the times.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Sounds like English is unhappy doing what is best for the team, or the coach is being dictated to by players.

Either way it’s a sad admission.
    I think that is a bit of a long bow to draw, more likely is that Bevo believes we are more focused on finding a way to support English more than replacing him
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think that is a bit of a long bow to draw, more likely is that Bevo believes we are more focused on finding a way to support English more than replacing him
    How can we go into a season where a clear weakness in Tim's ruckwork has no back up or support?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    How can we go into a season where a clear weakness in Tim's ruckwork has no back up or support?
    I find it puzzling but it's how I interpreted his comments. I can't see us setting up like Port or the Saints unless we draft or trade for a hybrid forward/ruckman and he just commands a FP spot. It's Bruce and Naughton as key forwards because we need more pressure forwards than adding a 3rd tall. Ugle-Hagan could be that 3rd tall next season but it's unlikely to be someone who has a legitimate claim on being a ruckman

Post Thanks / Like

I find it puzzling but it's how I interpreted his comments. I can't see us setting up like Port or the Saints unless we draft or trade for a hybrid forward/ruckman and he just commands a FP spot. It's Bruce and Naughton as key forwards because we need more pressure forwards than adding a 3rd tall. Ugle-Hagan could be that 3rd tall next season but it's unlikely to be someone who has a legitimate claim on being a ruckman
    Does this concern you?

The Bont is coming into his prime & imo we can sit around & wait for Tim to be the player we want him to be when there is a chance he won't. We need to give Bont the best support crew we can, however we can.

Post Thanks / Like

The comment I responded to said English will leave if the current ruck situation is changed.

But it doesn’t matter, everyone is happy with how the ruck has been going for the last few years. We have seen a lot of creative ideas there. Gives the supporters something to talk about.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Does this concern you?

The Bont is coming into his prime & imo we can sit around & wait for Tim to be the player we want him to be when there is a chance he won't. We need to give Bont the best support crew we can, however we can.
    Yes, but I think that is the way it's going to play out. He's very invested in this approach and I think it's how it will play out
    Now unless something special happens and we just find someone that commands a senior spot his comments last night indicate it's Bruce and Co supporting Tim not bringing in a player to challenge or replace him