Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dogs v Carlton practice match

I a Bulldogs supporter, so the last i checked, Scapegoats were the opposition, or in alot of other cases, the Umpires

Post Thanks / Like

He's going to be pretty important to how we start the season.

I cant see Williams being ready for a month, and Lake is in some doubt with the hip

So given they've played Wight forward all preseason I think we can be certain that McDougall will play

Morris will be called upon to play on guys he shouldn't, because he is mentally one of the best competitors in the league, but we still need Doogs.

Post Thanks / Like

No doubt that he could become a favourite player of mine should he succeed, but I'm disappointed he didn't work out up forward.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Morris should get the job on Fevola, but wouldn't be upset if they were experimenting with McDougall on him, after all, if they need to find out if he can do it or not I'd like it to be now and not when it actually counts- we know that Morris can do the job so if McDougall were to fail it wouldn't be the end of the world.

I don't think McDougall is useless, far from it, he did do well against Hawthorn and if I remember rightly he did well against Melbourne as well, can't remember too much though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wimberga View Post
    Is anyone else getting sick of the constant demoralisation and negative targeting of Mcdougall? I sure as hell am.

Hes wearing the Red White and Blue like all the rest of the guys.
    Yep, I'm with you here. I find it amazing that "so called" supporters can be so criticl of someone who wears the Bullies jumper.

They would be better off posting over at the Big Footy forum because they havent ever heard of a positive post over there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wimberga View Post
    Is anyone else getting sick of the constant demoralisation and negative targeting of Mcdougall? I sure as hell am.

Hes wearing the Red White and Blue like all the rest of the guys.
    What a hell of a difference the posts have been since the above quote.

Some positive and interesting reading.

McDougall has the size and the speed of a player the dogs badly need. He's shown he can play both forward and back (not consistantly as yet). He needs to mature as a player and deliver the goods.

Rocket must persist tomorrow and in the early rounds in particular, and give him the opportunity (especially with our injuries to our KKP).

I believe he is out of contract at the end of the year - the ball is in his court.

Imagine the options Rocket would have if McDougall can develop into a reliable KKP.

Post Thanks / Like

Who's going today? Look forward to your reports.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doggy-Doo View Post
    What a hell of a difference the posts have been since the above quote.

Some positive and interesting reading.

McDougall has the size and the speed of a player the dogs badly need. He's shown he can play both forward and back (not consistantly as yet). He needs to mature as a player and deliver the goods.

Rocket must persist tomorrow and in the early rounds in particular, and give him the opportunity (especially with our injuries to our KKP).

I believe he is out of contract at the end of the year - the ball is in his court.

Imagine the options Rocket would have if McDougall can develop into a reliable KKP.
    Fully agree DD. McDougall has plenty of work to do and it must be a make or break season but if he could hold down a key defenders position it would free up other players.

If he wants to be playing footy beyond this year he must make the most of any opportunities he gets.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Im heading into the game today, wont be able to comment on it for a fe days though as im going away straight after it. Hope the boys do well.

Post Thanks / Like

likewise heading along this arvo and will endeavour to report back within 24 hours-ish of the final siren.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    I've just re-watched the Essendon game on tape...
    What kind of sick sadist are you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    Practice match, Judd first game back from injury( he won't play a full game). I'll be disappointed if we use a tagger. .
    Why not, good practise for Callan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Why not, good practise for Callan
    I don't think Callan could keep up with him. Callan still has plenty to prove and hopefully today is a good day for him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    We need to keep testing Doogs unless Morris is a KPP. Would play him on Fev in the real thing for sure but if someone like Doogs could do a good job on him then Morris could play on someone like Lappin (i know he retired but he did kill us last year)
    Wholeheartedly agree. This is our last chance to give Doogs a go in a game that isn't overly important. Hopefully he grabs it by the neck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Petergm View Post
    Yep, I'm with you here. I find it amazing that "so called" supporters can be so criticl of someone who wears the Bullies jumper.

They would be better off posting over at the Big Footy forum because they havent ever heard of a positive post over there.
    Which poster's are you referring to??