Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 season - The positives

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He was always likely to go well in the captaincy role but I'm not sure the other AFL players can really make that call
    You weren't happy with Bonts form or weight though so how did you rate his season from an on field playing perspective?

Caleb Daniel was a real positive, I'll add him to the OP.
    His form was patchy at the start of the year, but as the season progressed overall I was happy with his form.

For a 24 year old to take on the responsibility of captaincy, he has been fantastic. Apparently also off field in the hub, he has really excelled.

You misunderstood when I talk about weight when you say fat shaming. I am never saying a player is fat, weight is a different issue. As mentioned previously, I think the Hawks have a great programme when you look at the playing weight of Lake and this year Patton. Both trimmed up and could move a lot freer. Bruce certainly looked out of condition and I would hope he goes on a programme over the summer to be fitter, and slightly slimmer.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm as annoyed as anyone after the loss yesterday but there were a number of positives for the season I'd like to call out and discuss.

Players

Bailey Williams - 12 months ago he was struggling to get a contract. This year he returned to some excellent and consistent form averaging 16.6 disposals over 18 games. He was a poised user of the football and really slotted into the backline well

Should he be moved into a more midfield role ?
    For a lot of the year we were crying out for wingman - real run and carry and guys who could put it to advantage going inside forward 50 - vandermeer and Williams are two I wonder if they can grow into that role

Post Thanks / Like

Toby McLean isn't in the OP, he was the one dropped to be taught a lesson this year and he bounced back well

We won't be a top 4 side until we have more talls on this list
    Last edited by boydogs; 05-10-2020 at 12:51 AM.
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff