Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
I think the issue is more conversion than anything. We are 4th in the AFL for marks inside 50, just above Saints, so we are hitting targets alot of the time. On Saturday, Wally missed two gettables, Hunter hit the post and Smith missed one from 20 metres out dead in front. Having said that we had 742 inside 50s for 169 marks and 168 goals, 159 behinds. The leader was Richmond with 842 inside 50s for 180 marks but only 172 goals, 159 behinds.

One thing this season was the running patterns inside 50 between Naughton and Bruce. Naughton missed a lot of games plus their were 5 fewer H&A games which meant the two of them have not worked enough together to get some sort of rappor going.

However, it is really annoying when guys like Macrae, Lippa and a few others won't have a shot at goal and keep looking for someone closer to goal. I would rather they had a ping and missed than getting caught with the ball and resulting in a turnover and 12 point turnaround.
It is also where we are taking our shots at goal from. I'm sure there is a stat out there which shows the likelihood of kicking a goal V kicking a point.

On the bolded bit, this is also so frustrating. So often one too many handballs and we turn it over. It is systemic through the whole F50.

The handball typically is moving forward it is going backwards.

The general rule should be, no more than one handball backwards in each passage of play.