Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  94
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 157
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    3,030
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2021 Western Bulldogs Membership Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    All ours are auto renew bulldog for life memberships and ours haven't arrived yet either. According to the email they should be here in the next week or so. I am willing to forgive the club this year as there was/is great uncertainty about what they could offer members this year for obvious reasons.
    Whilst i agree for the most part, other club members received their membership packs prior to Christmas. The preferred club of team Dunkley definitely did.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Warragul
    Posts
    5,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2021 Western Bulldogs Membership Thread

    An email from the CEO today puts the current membership figure at "almost 33,000".

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Posts
    640
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2021 Western Bulldogs Membership Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    An email from the CEO today puts the current membership figure at "almost 33,000".
    Could be worse but *!*!*!*! it could be better...
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    E.J. Whitten Stand
    Posts
    13,521
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2021 Western Bulldogs Membership Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Could be worse but *!*!*!*! it could be better...
    With our marketing efforts over the pre-season, I'm not surprised we've stagnated.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    3,030
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2021 Western Bulldogs Membership Thread

    Gee that's low. Understandably he's sent an email out to members; pulling that lever to try and get a boost.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    E.J. Whitten Stand
    Posts
    13,521
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2021 Western Bulldogs Membership Thread

    Saints are near 50k already and have just destroyed North in their practice game today. They've built up a ton of hype and their supporters are lapping it up, will end up 60k+ I'd say. Leaving us for dead in membership numbers.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    15,593
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2021 Western Bulldogs Membership Thread

    Historically we have had always low membership numbers but nonetheless still a bit disappointing.
    AFL PREMIERS 2016

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2021 Western Bulldogs Membership Thread

    I don’t blame people for not buying a membership. We have shown nothing for 4 years and our membership dept is the worst in Victoria. “Historically low supporter base” isn’t to blame, look at St Kilda. They’re the literal bottom dwellers of the comp with 1 flag and I don’t mean that as an insult, that’s just what they are in this moment and time. And they’re about to shoot past us onfield and off field in a year!

    If we show nothing again this year, all the hard work from 2016 was for nothing. Everything achieved then, momentum, garnered support, has halted.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    46,468
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2021 Western Bulldogs Membership Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Saints are near 50k already and have just destroyed North in their practice game today. They've built up a ton of hype and their supporters are lapping it up, will end up 60k+ I'd say. Leaving us for dead in membership numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarnTheScray View Post
    I don’t blame people for not buying a membership. We have shown nothing for 4 years and our membership dept is the worst in Victoria. “Historically low supporter base” isn’t to blame, look at St Kilda. They’re the literal bottom dwellers of the comp with 1 flag and I don’t mean that as an insult, that’s just what they are in this moment and time. And they’re about to shoot past us onfield and off field in a year!

    If we show nothing again this year, all the hard work from 2016 was for nothing. Everything achieved then, momentum, garnered support, has halted.
    Saints actually have a huge supporter base and when they are on a roll, they come from every where.

    Unfortunately our supporter base is made up by a lot of people who are affected by socio economic factors, and with the economy in recession, it makes it hard for many to justify a membership.
    FFC: Established 1877
    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    15,593
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2021 Western Bulldogs Membership Thread

    https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...membership-day


    Excusive member offer on SEN membership day
    One big name guest will be on the airwaves during each of SEN’s programs tomorrow, as well as 3AW’s Sportsday show, as part of the Bulldogs’ now-annual membership day.

    Tomorrow will be a Bulldogs listening feast for fans of the red, white and blue, as the Club takes over SEN for the day.

    One big name guest will be on the airwaves during each of SEN’s programs tomorrow, as well as 3AW’s Sportsday show, as part of the Bulldogs’ now-annual membership day.

    The line-up will kick off with a bang, with coach Luke Beveridge joining Garry Lyon and Tim Watson at 8am.

    New Bulldogs President Kylie Watson-Wheeler will be Gerard Whateley’s guest, rising star forward Aaron Naughton will be on Dwayne’s World, gun midfielder Josh Dunkley will join Bob Murphy and Andy Maher in the afternoon, and star AFLW midfielder Ellie Blackburn will be a guest on Time On.

    Bulldogs’ skipper Marcus Bontempelli will close out the day with an interview on Sportsday with Sam McClure, Gerard Healy and Matthew Richardson.

    Times:

    Garry & Tim – Luke Beveridge, 8am AEDT

    Whateley – Kylie Watson-Wheeler, 9am AEDT

    Dwayne’s World – Aaron Naughton, 2pm AEDT

    Bob & Andy – Josh Dunkley, 5.30pm AEDT

    Time On – Ellie Blackburn, 6.20pm AEDT

    Sportsday (3AW) – Marcus Bontempelli, 6.40pm AEDT

    To commemorate the day, the Bulldogs are offering a one-day only exclusive offer for new members, from midnight tonight until 11.59pm tomorrow (Wednesday, March 3).

    Bulldogs fans can purchase a six-game bronze membership for the price of three games. That’s access to Level 3 seating at six Marvel Stadium home games for just $95, or $9.50 per month.

    Your membership also includes a $20 Bulldogs Shop voucher to use online or in store.

    Western Bulldogs members will have first opportunity to access tickets to home games, making membership your ticket to the game and the best chance to return to the stands.

    For more details and terms and conditions, visit www.westernbulldogs.com.au/sen
    AFL PREMIERS 2016

  11. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
  12. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    15,593
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2021 Western Bulldogs Membership Thread

    Email from the club last night:

    Thank you for your patience while you await the arrival of your 2021 Western Bulldogs Membership Pack.

    Along with a consignment of membership packs from several other Victorian clubs, a bulk delivery of Bulldogs member packs were scheduled to land in Melbourne via sea freight last Friday 27 February, however due to a delay on clearance at the port they are now only arriving today (3 March). Subsequently, the lodgement of your pack with Australia Post won’t occur until the end of this week, with packs starting to arrive to members in the middle of next week.

    We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused, and can appreciate your frustration and eagerness to receive it ahead of the start of the season. The delays and issues experienced have been at the supplier end and are out of the Club's control.

    With the digital elements of your membership, you should already have received an email containing your $20 Bulldog Shop voucher code to use, along with recent communication on your membership card barcode which is what you'll require to redeem tickets for the AAMI Community Series and Toyota AFL Premiership Season.

    If you have any further enquiries regarding your pack, or 2021 Western Bulldogs membership, please email membership@westernbulldogs.com.au.

    Kind Regards,

    Western Bulldogs Membership
    AFL PREMIERS 2016

  13. #87
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    2,827
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2021 Western Bulldogs Membership Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Email from the club last night:

    Thank you for your patience while you await the arrival of your 2021 Western Bulldogs Membership Pack.

    Along with a consignment of membership packs from several other Victorian clubs, a bulk delivery of Bulldogs member packs were scheduled to land in Melbourne via sea freight last Friday 27 February, however due to a delay on clearance at the port they are now only arriving today (3 March). Subsequently, the lodgement of your pack with Australia Post won’t occur until the end of this week, with packs starting to arrive to members in the middle of next week.

    We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused, and can appreciate your frustration and eagerness to receive it ahead of the start of the season. The delays and issues experienced have been at the supplier end and are out of the Club's control.

    With the digital elements of your membership, you should already have received an email containing your $20 Bulldog Shop voucher code to use, along with recent communication on your membership card barcode which is what you'll require to redeem tickets for the AAMI Community Series and Toyota AFL Premiership Season.

    If you have any further enquiries regarding your pack, or 2021 Western Bulldogs membership, please email membership@westernbulldogs.com.au.

    Kind Regards,

    Western Bulldogs Membership
    This is (insert expletive here) poor ... This shouldn't be allowed to happen. We have enough manufacturers and graphic designers and printers in Australia that can do this job. The fact that we bulk our orders with other Victorian clubs is also crap.

    Poor form ... do better for your members.

    As a member, I should not be having to explain that Santa didn't forget the Bulldog membership pack and that his elves are still making it (or some other made up story) just so the club can save $8.50 per member by outsourcing the packs overseas.

    NOT HAPPY JAN

    Rant over
    WOOF Member 422

  14. Likes G-Mo77 liked this post
  15. #88
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    29,258
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2021 Western Bulldogs Membership Thread

    After asking about where my membership card was earlier in the week, I received the same information.
    I fully paid my membership in early/mid November
    It won't quite be the same by rocking up to the games with a paper membership card but 'times are a changin'
    "There are Sharks and Minnows in this World and if you don't know which one you are then you aint a Shark"

  16. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    46,468
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2021 Western Bulldogs Membership Thread

    Funny, I got mine a few weeks ago, but my wife's and daughters nowhere to be seen.
    FFC: Established 1877
    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  17. #90
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Qld.
    Posts
    7,630
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2021 Western Bulldogs Membership Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    After asking about where my membership card was earlier in the week, I received the same information.
    I fully paid my membership in early/mid November
    It won't quite be the same by rocking up to the games with a paper membership card but 'times are a changin'
    As long as you get there G that would be the important part for me if I was still in Vic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •