Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  153
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2021 Western Bulldogs Membership Thread

Will be interesting to see what happens. I plan to renew once again when they update it on my account. Will we be able to attend games - probably a limit on the crowd social distancing etc but still not banking on it. A large portion of the season I reckon still behind close doors but we will be playing at Marvel I’d imagine.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2021 Western Bulldogs Membership Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Will be interesting to see what happens. I plan to renew once again when they update it on my account. Will we be able to attend games - probably a limit on the crowd social distancing etc but still not banking on it. A large portion of the season I reckon still behind close doors but we will be playing at Marvel I’d imagine.
    Same here.

Also, will there be make-up games at Ballarat, due to the Sponsorship?

3. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Unless we get a third wave that shouldn't be the case. At this stage they are planning on around 30,000 a day at the boxing day test and 50% capacity at the Australian Open. This obviously can change quickly but I will be staying cautiously optimistic.

5. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Unless we get a third wave that shouldn't be the case. At this stage they are planning on around 30,000 a day at the boxing day test and 50% capacity at the Australian Open. This obviously can change quickly but I will be staying cautiously optimistic.
    Yes hopefully you are right Axe Man. Will be great when it is safe again to get back to the footy and see everyone around me again from my reserved seat.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Just got this from the club:

Important information regarding 2021 membership

To our loyal members,

There’s no doubt that 2020 has been a year we will never forget. Our resilience as a Club - like the broader Bulldogs family - has been tested, and your loyalty as a member has held firm.

While hurt and disappointed by the loss to the Saints on Saturday, we’re incredibly proud of our playing group and our entire staff for everything they have achieved throughout the course of the season. With successive finals campaigns we believe we’re building something special at the Club and we should be incredibly excited for what the future holds.

Over the course of the next week, you’ll start to receive further information in relation to your 2021 membership.

Earlier this year we committed to providing all our 2020 access members renewing into next season a free upgrade on their product as a small token of our appreciation of your loyalty. Our members are an absolutely critical part of our Club, and your role in helping overcome the challenges in front of us cannot be overstated. The details of the free upgrade will be included in your 2021 renewal notices.

As we look ahead to next season, our focus is to provide members with the best experience possible, and above all else, a safe way to return to the stands. We also want to ensure you’re getting value from your membership product, and be offering benefits we can be confident we can deliver given the ongoing uncertainty around match attendance, especially in Victoria.

With this in mind, when you receive your 2021 renewal information, you will notice that your membership looks a little different to what you’ve been used to.

For the 2021 season only, all existing reserved seat and general admission membership products will be rolled into a single classification of membership, available in three categories and based on your usual vantage point:

Gold membership – Level 2
    Silver membership – Level 1
    Bronze membership – Level 3

While our reserved seat members will be able to secure a seat for any game we play at Marvel Stadium, it will likely be a different reserved seat to the one you have previously occupied.

We understand that for many, this represents a significant change. We know just how many of you enjoy watching the games from your usual reserved seat surrounded by familiar faces.

Given the Club has been advised to expect reduced attendance capacity and social distancing at Marvel Stadium in 2021, we’re not confident we can deliver your traditional reserved seat next season.

And while there’s still so much to play out before Round 1 next year, our preference is to deal with this uncertainty now, and give you more confidence that you’ll get what you’ve signed up for, rather than be in a position where we again need to offer refunds or other compensation.

For reserved seat members, this means a significant year-on-year price reduction to your product to reflect the new approach. Importantly, the allocation of reserved seats from 2020 will remain applicable for 2022, so you will not lose your seat and the connection to those you normally sit near will be re-established.

The other main change you will notice is we have reclassified our full-season membership to a 9-game product including all Marvel Stadium home games.

Ballarat access will now be available as an add-on. We love playing in Ballarat and we encourage all of you to purchase this additional two-game option if you intend to support us there.

While there have been temporary adjustments to reserved seat and general admission memberships, for our Coteries, AFLW, Interstate and Sideline members, your products will remain unchanged.

We know that change can sometimes be a difficult thing and our team is absolutely committed to working with you to ensure you continue to get the most out of your experience as a Bulldogs member.

Further information is available on our website, with the changes to be explained in more detail as part of your renewal notice over the next few weeks.

For those of you on a Committed Bulldog payment plan, we have moved your rollover date from later this month to Monday 30 November. Next week you will receive some further information in relation to your rollover and the options available to you.

For those not on a Committed Bulldog plan, your renewal information will be communicated to you in early November.

The most important thing is that we continue to stick together. We can’t wait to welcome you back for the 2021 season, so we can once again hear your voice in the stands.

Ameet Bains

Chief Executive Officer

Western Bulldogs
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 08-10-2020 at 12:37 PM.

8. Thanks SquirrelGrip, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah fair enough. Probably what I expected.

Post Thanks / Like

Good of the Club to get in early and offer some certainty on what we are signing up for as members in 2021. I'd keep my membership regardless, but I'd be lying if I said I'd be comfortable handing over the grand or so I normally do the same as I was prepared to this year. Not in a position to make another donation of that size for no value.

Interesting situation for next year, reading the email was a bit of a reality check. In my head footy next year as a spectator was going to be a return to normal. But it's a long way off isn't it. Both footy, and normal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Interesting situation for next year, reading the email was a bit of a reality check. In my head footy next year as a spectator was going to be a return to normal. But it's a long way off isn't it. Both footy, and normal.
    Really unknown at this stage. If a vaccine is found then things can get back to normal, but otherwise we will be spread out around Marvel.

I hope everyone renews their membership as it is going to be tough again for the club.

The club is being run really well and PG mentioned on the Sutton Medal stream we will end up with a small profit for this year. This can be easily eroded if we have members not renewing, however, if people can't afford it, then that is fair enough as there is rent, mortgages, kids to feed as priority.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I get really frustrated with the Bulldogs, particularly with membership. I've been a member since 1997 whilst living in WA. (plus 8 years in the 80s when I was living in Victoria and working). Every time there is a special membership offer or offer for members, it is for Victorian based members. I get that the majority of members are Victoria based, but I"m sick of fighting for interstate members. Like others here, I donated my full membership to the club this year ... as I do every year as I don't get to attend weekly; but the offers mentioned in the email yesterday are all for seat upgrades. I understand there is more information to come out over the fortnight, but there is no mention of interstate members in the email. Do the Bulldogs value their interstate members???

(rant over)
    WOOF Member 422

13. Likes DOG GOD, HOSE B ROMERO, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What type of membership do you have Scraggers?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    What type of membership do you have Scraggers?
    I’ve got interstate membership with social club for myself and full membership with social for my son.
    WOOF Member 422

16. Likes azabob, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    I’ve got interstate membership with social club for myself and full membership with social for my son.
    It is an interesting point you raise.

By giving seat upgrades is probably the cheapest solution to appease members. But that does not help you or your son and other interstate members.

Having said all that, Gold Seat reserve members I don't think are able to get an upgrade either and it would be the same scenario for coterie members?

I fall into the Gold seat membership and am not too fused.

They should provide a cheap Kayo membership for all members like was indicated earlier this year.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

18. Likes Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m a Victorian based member but like what Scraggers says about looking after our interstate members more. I’m in the silver seat category plus EJ Whitten Social Club.

Post Thanks / Like

Got this email from in regards to my silver WB 2021 membership.

Recently you would have received communication regarding adjustments to membership in 2021 to contend with the possibility of COVID-19’s ongoing impact.

Our intention is to provide you with more certainty, value and flexibility to your 2021 membership, at a time when we cannot guarantee the delivery of your usual membership entitlements.

As a Silver member in 2020, we’d like to now provide you with more information about what to expect from your membership experience in 2021.

We appreciate that these adjustments will bring questions, and some apprehension, and we hope to provide you more clarity on how these changes affect you personally. Below we have provided specific details regarding the adjustments to your membership package, its name, price savings, and reserved seating in a COVID-safe environment.

Your 2021 Membership Category: Silver 9

In 2021, the full-season Silver membership will be known as the Silver 9, in reference to the Level 1 seating entitlement, and the nine Marvel Stadium home games it provides access to. All full-season memberships have been re-classified to a nine game product, while Footscray End, Flexi Silver and Boundary Silver memberships have also been rolled into this single classification.

The adjustment to this membership will provide a $140 saving for adults, and $100 for juniors in 2021.

As a renewing member who committed to the Club in 2020, you will also be upgraded to receive a FREE Melbourne away-game add-on for 2021 - an extra $125 in bonus value.

Unlike your 2020 membership, access to the Club’s two home games in Ballarat is not included in the Silver 9 membership, and subsequently there will be no replacement games in 2021. This has contributed to the decrease in the price of this membership option. Access to the Club’s home games in Ballarat can be purchased as an add-on, and will be the best way for members to secure their seat at Mars Stadium next year.

Like the Silver membership in 2020, EJ Whitten Social Club access will be an optional add-on to the Silver 9 membership. EJ Whitten Social Club access provides a guaranteed ticket to the Toyota AFL Grand Final should the Western Bulldogs participate.

The 2021 prices for the Silver 9 membership, including the savings when compared to the corresponding 2020 Silver membership are below. Savings are represented for each product in brackets.
    Alternate text

Temporary Adjustments To Reserved Seat Entitlements For 2021

While reserved seat members will be able to secure a seat for any home game at Marvel Stadium in 2021, it will likely be a different reserved seat to the one you have previously occupied.

Due to ongoing impacts of COVID-19, and the likelihood of reduced venue capacities and social distancing at Marvel Stadium in 2021, we cannot guarantee your specific seat for the duration of the season. 

As a Silver 9 member in 2021, you will have access to the same Level 1 seating at Marvel Stadium, with the ability to secure a reserved seat for the games you wish to attend. You will be able to do this by paying a flat fee of $10 ($5 for juniors) as part of a standard ticket booking process. This means that even if members choose to secure seats at all nine home games, adult members will save $50, junior members $55, and family members $150 on the corresponding 2020 Silver membership.

You will also have the ability to book in groups so you can continue to attend and be seated with friends and family, and be able to guarantee a seat a minimum of four weeks out from the selected game. When capacity allows, members will be able to buy guest passes to bring friends to the footy and sit with them in areas allocated to their chosen tier of membership - which we weren’t able to offer in the past

As soon as social distancing and COVID protocols permit, members will have the option to ‘walk-up’ and sit in designated bays (subject to capacity) on Level 1 at Marvel Stadium for home games.

These adjustments to your membership are intended only for the 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season based on the current advice we have received and the expected impact of COVID protocols and social distancing.

Reserved seat allocations will remain into 2022 based on the 2020 seat allocations, and when stadium capacity and COVID protocols permit, the Club will make its best endeavour to provide the reserved seat options you experience in 2020 and prior, if that is members’ continued preference.

Changes to Member Choice

A $20 Bulldogs Shop voucher will be provided to all adult members in 2021, in place of the traditional cap, scarf or beanie option.  

Based on feedback from a mid-year member survey, and the Club’s assessment of its operations and cost base, the voucher was found to be the most effective way to continue this benefit for members but also meet the increasing demand for greater flexibility. 

For those  that collect the annual member choice item, a limited number of 2021 member caps and scarves will be available through the Bulldogs Shop that will be redeemable with your voucher. For members looking for an alternate option, you will be able to put the voucher towards the purchase of another item from the wider Bulldogs Shop range. 

Further Information On Temporary Adjustments To Membership

We know that change can sometimes be a difficult thing and our team is absolutely committed to working with you to ensure you continue to get the most out of your experience as a Bulldogs member.

If you have further queries regarding the adjustments to membership in 2021, or the new package options, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page here, or contact the Membership Services Team on (03) 8899 7414 or membership@westernbulldogs.com.au

Looking ahead, you will receive your e-renewal for your 2021 Membership shortly. Committed Bulldog Payment Plan members will receive their e-renewals in the next seven days, with your rollover date pushed back to 30 November. For those members not on payment plans, your e-renewal information will be communicated to you by the end of November.

Thank you again for your unwavering loyalty in 2020, and we can’t wait to welcome you back as a member for the 2021 season.

Go Dogs!

Membership Services Team

Post Thanks / Like