Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  153
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2021 Western Bulldogs Membership Thread

Gotta say, I'm a little disappointed with my membership pack this year. Not the usual stuff we get, That was okay. More the 25th year of membership paraphernalia. I received a 25years pin and a certificate that was printed on a computer, not even signed by Bevo and Bont ... printed.

Surely we can do better than that for our long-standing members?
    WOOF Member 422

2. Likes KT31, Guido liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Gotta say, I'm a little disappointed with my membership pack this year. Not the usual stuff we get, That was okay. More the 25th year of membership paraphernalia. I received a 25years pin and a certificate that was printed on a computer, not even signed by Bevo and Bont ... printed.

Got my pin a few years ago, but I don't remember a certificate - so maybe they're improving?

I don't know how many new people qualify into the 25 year club every year, but given in 1996 we had about 10,000 members, and assuming natural attrition/turnover would see the majority not have remained members for 25 consecutive years, with many others having already qualified across the last decade, I'd assume it wouldn't be that many that get to that mark every season.

To improve the 25yr thank you memento to a unique $10-$15 item shouldn't be a significant overall cost to the club, yet would be a valued keepsake to those who've received it - it's really not the price, it's just the thought that the club values those who've stood with them for a fair chunk of their lives. These are people who've contributed thousands of dollars and will give continue to contribute thousands of dollars more.

I mean, as an example - i'll add a NOT SAFE FOR WORK warning for the image below, please don't scroll down if you've just eaten - but how much would it be improve the 25yr pin we currently get to a personally inscribed one that looks more like a medal of honour?

48b0caaeb37a32b8ee6b70b76097c921.jpg

4. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr, Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post

Do you provide feedback to the club on your membership gripes or just vent here?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Go Dogs!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Do you provide feedback to the club on your membership gripes or just vent here?
    A little from column A and a little from column B

I constantly tell the Membership Department that the club is not doing enough for interstate members, 99% of the time it falls on deaf ears. I will be formal in my feedback for the 25th year gripe.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    Got my pin a few years ago, but I don't remember a certificate - so maybe they're improving?

I don't know how many new people qualify into the 25 year club every year, but given in 1996 we had about 10,000 members, and assuming natural attrition/turnover would see the majority not have remained members for 25 consecutive years, with many others having already qualified across the last decade, I'd assume it wouldn't be that many that get to that mark every season.

To improve the 25yr thank you memento to a unique $10-$15 item shouldn't be a significant overall cost to the club, yet would be a valued keepsake to those who've received it - it's really not the price, it's just the thought that the club values those who've stood with them for a fair chunk of their lives. These are people who've contributed thousands of dollars and will give continue to contribute thousands of dollars more.

I mean, as an example - i'll add a NOT SAFE FOR WORK warning for the image below, please don't scroll down if you've just eaten - but how much would it be improve the 25yr pin we currently get to a personally inscribed one that looks more like a medal of honour?

48b0caaeb37a32b8ee6b70b76097c921.jpg
    Great idea Guido. Also good to hear from you.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Likes Guido liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Thanks The Doctor, hujsh, Grantysghost, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes 1eyedog, merantau, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully we break a few records this year with us starting the best we've started since 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully I receive my membership pack at some stage so I can also vent about its apparent lack of quality.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

14. Likes Scraggers, Grantysghost, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A terrific response from our members. We are a resilient bunch.

The fast start, Treloar, keeping Dunkley and Bont, Smith and Bruce all in good form will have played their part in the impressive numbers. Imagine how much it could improve by if were were to win the next 2 games?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    A terrific response from our members. We are a resilient bunch.

The fast start, Treloar, keeping Dunkley and Bont, Smith and Bruce all in good form will have played their part in the impressive numbers. Imagine how much it could improve by if were were to win the next 2 games?
    If we win this week, I think a lot of fence sitters will start believing.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Great effort! Proud to be part of that 40,000. The big challenge will be getting 50,000.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Social Club exhausted so if we make the Granny they'll have to cough up big bickies.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Upgraded my membership today, had a bit of a chat to the lad on the phone after a half hour wait in queue to get through, reckons they’ve been swamped since the weekends win with tons of new members.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

20. Likes 1eyedog, merantau, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Social Club exhausted so if we make the Granny they'll have to cough up big bickies.
    That's impressive given we haven't been allowed to actually enter the social club thus far.