Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  153
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2021 Western Bulldogs Membership Thread

$10 handling fee for tickemaster to buy seats. What a crock.

Wonder why they have moved away from the term "Bulldog for Life" to "Committed Bulldog Payment Plan"?

The new phrase sounds so vanilla.

Its like when they moved away from the slogan Be More Bulldog. I loved that as our catch cry.

I would end all my footy related texts, emails whatever with #BeMoreBulldog. My mates still use it to give me crap when we lose.

Heck even Jimmy Bartel still references Be More Bulldog when he talks about our 2016 year.

When need to bring it back!!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

2. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah $10 booking few and 20 bux at the Bulldogs shop instead of dedicated membership gear. *!*!*!*! me dead, way to reward us guys.

Post Thanks / Like

So if you don't pay the extra for a seat, you can't go even if you're a Gold member on L2?

Post Thanks / Like

It's not a very promising start, but I'm interested to see what other clubs offer. It's also interesting that they have come out with this plan before the season is confirmed (there was a story earlier in the week about a longer season?). Dropping down two games for a $25 discount will rub a lot of people the wrong way, especially if it is not in line with other clubs.

For comparison I have an AFL membership as well, and with that I had a choice at the start of this season - downgrade to an absentee membership (about 1/4 of the cost) and get an extra package (guest passes, or food and drink vouchers, or reserved seats) in 2021, or maintain the full cost in 2020 and then get a 30% discount + extras in 2021.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    It's not a very promising start, but I'm interested to see what other clubs offer. It's also interesting that they have come out with this plan before the season is confirmed (there was a story earlier in the week about a longer season?). Dropping down two games for a $25 discount will rub a lot of people the wrong way, especially if it is not in line with other clubs.

For comparison I have an AFL membership as well, and with that I had a choice at the start of this season - downgrade to an absentee membership (about 1/4 of the cost) and get an extra package (guest passes, or food and drink vouchers, or reserved seats) in 2021, or maintain the full cost in 2020 and then get a 30% discount + extras in 2021.
    The letter does say it is an interim solution and may change depending on the circumstances.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It's all pretty complex. Disappointing that the changes are not set out very clearly. I had to read it several times to understand what was meant.

And please drop the 'membership experience' and 'product' jargon. There is no other 'business' where we'd continue to for out money, in extremely difficult times, for something we didn't get for the past 12 months AND commit to continue to do so into the future, so drop the corporate-speak.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

So lemme get this straight. We get a "saving" of $140 but there's a $10 booking fee for all of the 9 home games, meaning the trade off is $50 to have to book a reserved seat every damn week and not get to sit in the same spot, where I have spent years wearing down those around me to my in-game commentary and consider to be a substantial reason I pay for the reserve seat in the first place. And that's assuming there will be seats available each time.

I feel like my need to attend games again is being taken advantage of.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

This might make things tough for my dad. We normally reserve seats together but arrive separately. He can barely use a mobile phone so jumping online pre-game to coordinate reserved seats will be difficult. He'll probably drop down to GA and just go to a couple of games per year, relying on a Kaypo subscription to watch most games.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Does the "FREE Melbourne away-game add-on" mean that we get access to a reserved seat at Melbourne away games for the $10 booking fee as well? That makes it a bit better value.

I'm happy to wait and see at this stage before I throw the toys out of the cot. There are so many unknowns I am satisfied the club have at least attempted to communicate their plans for next year.

11. Likes bornadog, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    $10 handling fee for tickemaster to buy seats. What a crock.

Wonder why they have moved away from the term "Bulldog for Life" to "Committed Bulldog Payment Plan"?

The new phrase sounds so vanilla.

Its like when they moved away from the slogan Be More Bulldog. I loved that as our catch cry.

I would end all my footy related texts, emails whatever with #BeMoreBulldog. My mates still use it to give me crap when we lose.

Heck even Jimmy Bartel still references Be More Bulldog when he talks about our 2016 year.

When need to bring it back!!
    I threatened them with legal action.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I threatened them with legal action.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    This might make things tough for my dad. We normally reserve seats together but arrive separately. He can barely use a mobile phone so jumping online pre-game to coordinate reserved seats will be difficult. He'll probably drop down to GA and just go to a couple of games per year, relying on a Kaypo subscription to watch most games.
    I have my own situation with my grandfather. Usually we would keep his membership card at our home so when we picked him up in Sunshine to head to Docklands, we had everything and he didn't have to worry about anything. Could just walk in and sit down.

These memberships options, risk of COVID and his crook leg will probably just keep him at home watching it on Kayo.

Post Thanks / Like

"Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Called the club up and they said I’ll be able to retain my silver reserve seat that I had in 2020 and prior for 2022. Just renewed now for 2021 Silver 9 + Social club.

Go Dogs!
    Last edited by Eastdog; 20-10-2020 at 05:25 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

17. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I renewed my membership today and my son's.
    When I spoke to the wonderful staff (who must be doing it tough), they were sympathetic to my cause. Having been a member now for 25 consecutive years, they were very happy to throw in a free member's polo as there was no clear benefit for me donating my full membership in 2020.
    To tell you the truth, I was just happy that they listened.

Apparently no cap in the membership pack, but we will get a voucher to get a members cap or scarf when we receive our cards. Okay ... but do I have to be in Melbourne to claim it??
    WOOF Member 422

19. Likes jeemak liked this post